NerdyToothpick

I’m not ignoring anyone :)

I have a backlog of messages to get through and not nearly enough time to respond. I’ve told myself that it’s better to check in for a few minutes every night than to not check in at all. 

Give me some time. I’d hate anyone to think I’m not ignoring their messages  

xo

Good Lord, woman, give yourself a break!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

It is much better to check in every night for a few minutes than not at all...absolutely!! But don’t feel pressure to answer all of your messages in one day, please!! Get to the messages when you can. I for one can completely relate, and I don’t think any one of us wants to see you stress over not responding to all the messages right now. I’m just thrilled to see you posting again, and I know I’m not alone in doing the happy dance to see you back here again! This is your safe place. No pressure, no stress. As long as you keep coming back, that’s the important thing!! 

You’ll get to the responses when you have time. Breathe. Relax. It’s all good, girl!! Love and hugs to you my dear friend!! 

xoxo ❤️:wub:❤️

I read this great article by a professor once who dealt with his backlog of emails after being gone for summer or whatever by setting up an autoresponder that said something like, "I'm not going to read this because I'm out of the office for an extended period. Please contact me after xyz date." Then, after coming back to the office, he would simply delete everything that had come in over the summer and start fresh! His thought was that if it was urgent, the sender would have contacted him a different way or else the emergency had gone away and become irrelevant. 

You could always just start fresh. Don't stress yourself out. We all understand.

As usual, I totally agree with @Nana Trish and @Jen581791.  We are all so happy that you have returned to posting at TTF. :)

5 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

I read this great article by a professor once who dealt with his backlog of emails after being gone for summer or whatever by setting up an autoresponder that said something like, "I'm not going to read this because I'm out of the office for an extended period. Please contact me after xyz date." Then, after coming back to the office, he would simply delete everything that had come in over the summer and start fresh! His thought was that if it was urgent, the sender would have contacted him a different way or else the emergency had gone away and become irrelevant. 

You could always just start fresh. Don't stress yourself out. We all understand.

I love this idea too!!! That will eliminate ALL the stress over this!! ❤️❤️❤️

On 5/17/2019 at 8:22 AM, Nana Trish said:

I love this idea too!!! That will eliminate ALL the stress over this!! ❤️❤️❤️

@Jen581791 @Nana Trish In theory, this is a great idea. However, try telling that to my Catholic guilt...

7 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Jen581791 @Nana Trish In theory, this is a great idea. However, try telling that to my Catholic guilt...

Oh, my dearest Nerdy, I was born and raised on Catholic guilt...and I divorced my first husband with the weight of that catholic guilt weighing heavy on me. I no longer worship as a Catholic because of the series of horrible events that happened during my divorce. So when I say I understand that...I GET IT.  If you really feel the need to answer all of your messages, and you can TRULY find the time, without adding a ton of extra stress, then by all means do it. But remember, no one here is judging you, and no one wants to see you put more on yourself than you already have. We want you to be happy, healthy, and we want to see you here posting (!!!) and coming back for support when you need it...weight related or not! So work on responding to those messages if you really do have the extra free time. If not, write one group post, tag each person you wish to answer, and be done with it that way. Either way, we love you, and we all only want good things for you. so try to cut yourself some slack ❤️❤️❤️

On 5/17/2019 at 2:32 AM, Jen581791 said:

Obviously a professor with tenure, who could not be fired or incur the wrath of his/her boss for not answering trivial emails day or night. <_<

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Obviously a professor with tenure, who could not be fired or incur the wrath of his/her boss for not answering trivial emails day or night. <_<

Lol...I hadn’t thought of that...

22 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Ah, tenure, that elusive and endangered holdover from the halcyon dream-days of academia's past...

On 5/21/2019 at 11:04 AM, BurgundyBoy said:

On 5/22/2019 at 9:23 AM, Jen581791 said:

Ah, tenure, that elusive and endangered holdover from the halcyon dream-days of academia's past...

Ah, the dark humor of academia. Love it!