NerdyToothpick

Hi!!! *Waving furiously*

I’m back and promise to stick around. Life has been tough. Managing a bipolar parent with the early stages of dementia and the needs of my daughter have left me with little time for myself. It’s been a h3ll of a year. I won’t get into it more because frankly, I am tired. 

Though it may not seem like it, I think about TT every day. Late at night, I think about posting but then I go into a shame spiral. Typical pattern for me and I’m trying to break it. 

I can’t believe I’m two years out. Despite my challenges, life is good. I’ve gained a few pounds because I haven’t been taking care of myself. I’m not concerned about the weight because I know what to do. I’m doing it now because four pounds can lead to eight and before I know it, I’ve done irreparable damage. I didn’t move mountains to be obese again. 

Hugs to everyone! I’m slowly catching up on what’s been going on. :D Here’s a picture of my little rockstar. She’s growing up so fast! 

D7CE07CD-25BA-4B85-8202-3134091579FA.jpeg

Edited by NerdyToothpick
None of your beeswax. LOL

It's good to see you back Nerdy - you have been missed. I'm sorry that life has dealt you rough hand.

Welcome back - we missed you and your wisdom (we also missed the photos of your wonderful daughter).  :)

There is no shame in taking some time off from TTF to attend to personal matters - just be sure to return!  

Have a wonderful Mother's Day (even though it is raining here in Boston).

@Res Ipsa Thank you! I’m currently in the Dunkin’ drive though waiting for a hot tea. I’m on my way to Whole Foods. I know how to rock a Mother’s Day. 

I may be quiet at times but I will always return. ❤️

@cinwa Thank you. I realized this morning that I’m pulling myself out of a deep depression. Somewhat ironically, I’m pretty chipper. Exhausted and not taking care of myself, but chipper. xo

Welcome back and please don't hesitate to lean on us when you need to - that is, when you really feel like you don't want to... that's when you need to, I'm sorry you've been having a stressful time. Take care of yourself while you're taking care of your family. Happy Mother's Day! :wub:

Glad to see you Nerdy !!!  Happy Mothers Day !

SO glad you're back @NerdyToothpick. I've missed you. But please, no shame game here! We are all just hear to support each other. And to enjoy a few laughs! 

Depression can bring isolation, and I'm sorry you've been suffering. Be kind to yourself and know we are all here for you. 

CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 year mark!! That's awesome!! 

I find the more I post, the more accountable I feel, so come back often. Yay, so glad you're back! 

Congrats on 2 years!  Adorable little Rockstar!  They can be a handful!  Stick around we miss you!

Life can sure have its potholes!  I am just coming off a 2 week vacation where I unplugged.  My kids are adults but seems that we have way more drama.  

Great to see you (and Katja!). Love that you said you “didn’t move mountains to be obese again”. I think that’ll be my new mantra!  Awesome wisdom, girlfriend!

ive not been around much either. Life keeps getting in the way. I do stop in and read a few times a week but don’t usually have the time to post. missed seeing you though so it was a pleasant surprise when I saw your name!  

Happy 2 years!  

20 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

SO glad you're back @NerdyToothpick. I've missed you. But please, no shame game here! We are all just hear to support each other. And to enjoy a few laughs! 

Depression can bring isolation, and I'm sorry you've been suffering. Be kind to yourself and know we are all here for you. 

CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 year mark!! That's awesome!! 

I find the more I post, the more accountable I feel, so come back often. Yay, so glad you're back! 

Thank you, dear friend! I need some accountability and I miss my TT family. ❤️

11 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

Great to see you (and Katja!). Love that you said you “didn’t move mountains to be obese again”. I think that’ll be my new mantra!  Awesome wisdom, girlfriend!

ive not been around much either. Life keeps getting in the way. I do stop in and read a few times a week but don’t usually have the time to post. missed seeing you though so it was a pleasant surprise when I saw your name!  

Happy 2 years!  

Thank you! If I were artistically talented, I would draw a picture of thin me moving a few mountains around. ❤️❤️❤️ Missed you. 

Nerdy!! I SOO wish I had a lot of time to post right now!! We've missed you, my friend!! I will be back on later today after PT, but I wanted to say HI!!! And I'm thrilled to see that you're back!! Katya is gorgeous, of course ❤️❤️❤️ 

Welcome back, I will talk to you soon my friend!! 

:wub:❤️:wub: