Lindycalk1

18 mo out am i doing this right..?

hello! im about 18 months out and I have done well I defiantly have change my life style! im at this point though that I feel stuck :(

I was happy at the weight I was at about 164 .. then I went on vacation and didn't stray too far off course but had some bad eating hobbits .. still worked out and came home to find I was 172 lbs!

I could have cried in fact I think maybe I did a little.. since then I have completely changed back to better eating getting around 13-1500 calories a day , not eating a lot of carbs around 20-30 a day and I really try to at least get 20-30 mins of working out in!

I just jumped on the scale after 2 weeks and im 171.4 what the hell!!!!!

do people usually gain around this time ... im so worried that im going to gain weight back ideally I would like to be at 160 and maintain this weight........

should I take vitamins... currently im not taking anything... will that help?

thanks guys!

Are you exercising?

I am sorry that you are feeling disappointment.  Your body may just like that weight.   How long did you maintain the 164 pounds?  

Vitamins are good for you but wont help you to lose weight.

First of all, congratulation on losing a lot of weight!

Losing more weight now simply means a return to basics: eat a diet high in lean protein and low in carbs and calories, drink lots and lots of liquids, take your vitamins, log every single bit of food (and drinks with calories) that you eat/drink, lead a physically active lifestyle, and avoid alcohol. If you stick with the basics, you should be able to break your stall and lose the extra weight. 

We are here to support you. 

13 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

First of all, congratulation on losing a lot of weight!

Losing more weight now simply means a return to basics: eat a diet high in lean protein and low in carbs and calories, drink lots and lots of liquids, take your vitamins, log every single bit of food (and drinks with calories) that you eat/drink, lead a physically active lifestyle, and avoid alcohol. If you stick with the basics, you should be able to break your stall and lose the extra weight. 

We are here to support you. 

Congrats on your great progress so far! :D 

Lots of super sensible advice from Res Ipsa, as usual! Logging your intake very precisely might help you figure out if you're eating more or differently than you think. Some people just need that outside check on their consumption (I do). Exercising a fair bit will bring up the number of calories you can consume, which is helpful. I find I also eat healthier when I'm working out for some reason. It might be a good time to crack the whip and pretend like you're fresh out of surgery for a while, doing everything according to the book.

Great advice and replies by everyone.  I would highly recommend you stay on a multi-vitamin and calcium citrate regiment.  I am also a sleever, and was told by my nutritionist that this would be the norm for the rest of my life, and to never stop taking them.  

10 hours ago, TammyP said:

Great advice and replies by everyone.  I would highly recommend you stay on a multi-vitamin and calcium citrate regiment.  I am also a sleever, and was told by my nutritionist that this would be the norm for the rest of my life, and to never stop taking them.  

^^^Absolutely right!!! Please start taking your vitamins and calcium!! You can have a lot of serious complications as a result of not taking them, and I’d hate to see that happen ❤️ 

You can do this! You CAN get to where you want to be. Keep up the good habits, add another good habit each week and your weight will move. It may move slower than it did before, but your body will adjust to the new habits and the scale will go down.  We're here to support you!