I've been lurking here for awhile. I joined this forum when I was trying to decide if I would jump in and get wls. The positivity and support I've found on this site, as well as all the information I've found helped me to choose RNY. It's taken about a year but here I am, looking forward to my newest journey. My surgery date is May 21st! 

Edited by Mountaingirl

Welcome! How exciting that your surgery is only a couple weeks away!

Welcome to Thinner Times.  Exciting times ahead!

Welcome and how exciting!  WLS was one of the best decisions I ever made for myself.  Let us know how you are doing :)

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited!! What a long road already. But I'm looking forward to new views ahead. :D

Welcome!! I have never regretted having my RNY gastric bypass.

We are here to support you. 

Welcome, welcome!! We look forward to hearing about your journey! Keep us posted! Have you started the pre-op liver-reducing diet yet? It's ALL worth it!

I’m excited to follow your journey.  I’m a couple months behind you, 8/13. 

Welcome and best of luck! It's going to be so exciting! :) 

Welcome!! May 21st will be here before you know it, and you’ll be joining us on the losers bench!! Can’t wait to have you there!

So, I was going to start my pre op diet Friday, (it's a 10 day diet, followed by a 1 day liquid diet the day before surgery) but... they pushed back my surgery date a week. It's now the 28th. They didn't schedule around the surgical assistant. :mellow: I know in the long run its not a big deal. It's only a week. It could be a lot worse, or I could have not gotten my insurance approval. It's still dissapointing though. I'm thinking of starting the prep diet on Friday anyway. Get a jump start on weight loss. 

That sounds like a great idea !!  Sorry you have to wait an extra week, I am sure it is disappointing.  Welcome to Thinner Times and good luck on your journey

On 5/7/2019 at 7:51 PM, Mountaingirl said:

So, I was going to start my pre op diet Friday, (it's a 10 day diet, followed by a 1 day liquid diet the day before surgery) but... they pushed back my surgery date a week. It's now the 28th. They didn't schedule around the surgical assistant. :mellow: I know in the long run its not a big deal. It's only a week. It could be a lot worse, or I could have not gotten my insurance approval. It's still dissapointing though. I'm thinking of starting the prep diet on Friday anyway. Get a jump start on weight loss. 

I'm sorry you've had your surgery bumped back a week but it sounds as if you've got your head in the game.