Hello All,

Sorry, I have not been on much but I am in Graduate School and it takes up a lot of my time.  Lately, I have been on a stall, I would lose some weight, gain some weight and sit at the same weight.  It is starting to become annoying, I want to go back to the way it was when I first had surgery when I lost 47lbs in a month.   I was really doing well then.  I am still having issues with some foods that I eat, I still cannot eat certain foods as they cause me to vomit.  On May 6th I go for my six months, I am afraid of what they will say because of the low amount of weight that I have been losing.  There is definite change going on in my body as my body shape is changing, to be honest drastically, it feels great to notice that.  I suppose that the weight loss will happen sooner than later, but I am an impatient man and I like to get things done as quickly as possible, but I know that is not reality.  I am walking and exercising fine as I go to the gym three days a week until I start to gain my stamina back.  I am able to bend, lean, and do things that a skinner person would be able to do, so, there is nothing wrong in that area.  I am just trying to say that I am frustrated.  Thanks for letting me vent for a paragraph. 

I am sorry to hear of the stall, but if you follow the post op diet, eat lots of lean protein, lead an active lifestyle and drink lots of liquids, you will break your stall and continue losing weight. 

Remember also that a slower weight loss can be better for the body - for example gall bladder problems increase with faster weight loss. 

We are here to support you. 

You are doing so well, I am sure your body is just catching up from the major losses you have had.  Stick with it and maybe take measurements, you may be losing inches right now.

Grad school will soak up all your time and energy, for sure. 

47 pounds in the first month post-op may be some sort of record! Can't do that every month ;) After that, anything would seem slow. I'm sure you're making progress - are you charting your losses? On the scale or with a measuring tape? In photos? These are all things that will help you realize how you're changing. 

Best of luck :) 

One other suggestion: I forgot to do the measurements when I started, but I did do another thing along the way that helped me when I needed to see the changes. I made a list in my phone notes section of the 25 things I hated about being obese. Things like sore feet, hard to reach things etc. Then I would check into the list every month or so and update which ones no longer applied. It was great to cross them off as time went by!

5 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

One other suggestion: I forgot to do the measurements when I started, but I did do another thing along the way that helped me when I needed to see the changes. I made a list in my phone notes section of the 25 things I hated about being obese. Things like sore feet, hard to reach things etc. Then I would check into the list every month or so and update which ones no longer applied. It was great to cross them off as time went by!

Great idea!

On 4/26/2019 at 3:11 AM, hthe620110 said:

Hello All,

Sorry, I have not been on much but I am in Graduate School and it takes up a lot of my time.  Lately, I have been on a stall, I would lose some weight, gain some weight and sit at the same weight.  It is starting to become annoying, I want to go back to the way it was when I first had surgery when I lost 47lbs in a month.   I was really doing well then.  I am still having issues with some foods that I eat, I still cannot eat certain foods as they cause me to vomit.  On May 6th I go for my six months, I am afraid of what they will say because of the low amount of weight that I have been losing.  There is definite change going on in my body as my body shape is changing, to be honest drastically, it feels great to notice that.  I suppose that the weight loss will happen sooner than later, but I am an impatient man and I like to get things done as quickly as possible, but I know that is not reality.  I am walking and exercising fine as I go to the gym three days a week until I start to gain my stamina back.  I am able to bend, lean, and do things that a skinner person would be able to do, so, there is nothing wrong in that area.  I am just trying to say that I am frustrated.  Thanks for letting me vent for a paragraph. 

How you doing now? I ended up with lots of step-losses, nothing for a few weeks and then boom lose 5 lbs. 

There are these evil critters known as Weight Loss Demons. If you want to lose fast -> you lose slow. 

Don't be reluctant to go to your 6 month visit. You won't be judged. They are there to cheer you on and help you since we all lose at different paces. Hang in there!

Hello,

Thanks, everyone.  I have started losing weight again, I haven't been exercising because I had double hernia surgery and I was told not to until July, but I am walking around more than I was before which is healthy.  I am getting plenty of lean protein as I have found a good jerky that is low in sodium and fat, they say that it is good for the Kato Diet.  I am drinking water like there is no tomorrow and I am really enjoying it.  My biggest issue now is finding clothes that fit me, I still have clothes from eight months ago but I do not want to spend a bunch of money on clothes when I know that I am going to lose more weight.  But I am doing great now, well, after that two months of having a hernia and then having surgery.  I wish you all well and many weight loss successes.

7 hours ago, hthe620110 said:

Hello,

Thanks, everyone.  I have started losing weight again, I haven't been exercising because I had double hernia surgery and I was told not to until July, but I am walking around more than I was before which is healthy.  I am getting plenty of lean protein as I have found a good jerky that is low in sodium and fat, they say that it is good for the Kato Diet.  I am drinking water like there is no tomorrow and I am really enjoying it.  My biggest issue now is finding clothes that fit me, I still have clothes from eight months ago but I do not want to spend a bunch of money on clothes when I know that I am going to lose more weight.  But I am doing great now, well, after that two months of having a hernia and then having surgery.  I wish you all well and many weight loss successes.

Congrats on breaking the stall !!      Second hand stores are great for buying clothes until you get to goal.

@hthe620110:

Ditto @tracyringo re: second hand stores. You are not going to be wearing the intermediate clothes for long. 

But, if that is not doing the trick, or the available clothes won't do for work, buy 2-3 pairs of inexpensive pants at a big-box store (often lots of sizes, and inexpensive) and buy them a touch tight, or buy them with expandable waists. Then just wash 'em frequently while you work your way down to a smaller size. Also would note that as you lose weight, you will find more selections in the second hand stores, so having to buy a few pairs early on does not mean you'll need to buy retail going forward. 

I didn't want to buy along the way either. I started at a waist of 44+" and my Perfect Wife forced me to rebuy some at 38 since everything I had was falling off me and I looked ridiculous. She was as usual quite right to do so.

I now have both 34" and 36" waisted chinos. My weight fluctuations can be enough that each has its place. Once I start wearing 36" I KNOW I have to go back to precise calorie counting and daily weights. (I'm wearing my 34" chinos today for the first time in a couple weeks, heh heh heh, I don't need to weight myself to know I am getting back to where I want to be).