Hi there, I’d like to join in if y’all will have me!  I tried to create an account but never received the verification email.  I thought I sent a to the administrator.  Never heard back and then when the site was down I took it personal and thought I had been blocked. :PI’m having surgery 8/13/19 in Tijuana.

Welcome to Thinner Times!

Unfortunately, we did have a technical issue and the forum was down for a day or so coupled with the fact that due to the high level of spammers, we manually approve our members, I apologise for the delay.

Welcome!  Feel free to ask anything you want to know.  We’ve all been pre op with a ton of questions!  I’m 6 1/2 years out; best thing I’ve ever done for myself!  

Welcome!

Hi, welcome!  Congrats on knowing your surgery date!  What are you planning to do over the summer while you get ready for it? 

Just a suggestion, but maybe start a blog here to share how you're feeling about your life and your body right now.  It's been almost two years since surgery for me, and now that I'm almost at goal, I find that I sometimes struggle to remember what my life was like back then.  I mean, a part of you will never, ever forget.  But the details do start to blur, and I wish I'd written more about myself then to make sure I always remember to be grateful for (and vigilant with) my new self.

Edited by Kio

Welcome and good luck on your journey !

Thank y’all for the warm welcome.  I’m having a really hard time with this site.  I think now I might have multiple profiles.  I sent a message to admin.  I apologize if I’ve made a mess.  Anyway, Roland and Ollie are my Frenchies.  My first question is for anyone who traveled for surgery.  I’m wondering if the one extra night after I get out of the hospital will be enough and I’ll be ready to get home or should I plan a couple extra nights in Tijuana?  Thoughts? 

5E2BCA69-1C1A-40C6-ADD0-09686C05FEAB.jpeg

3 hours ago, Kio said:

Hi, welcome!  Congrats on knowing your surgery date!  What are you planning to do over the summer while you get ready for it? 

Just a suggestion, but maybe start a blog here to share how you're feeling about your life and your body right now.  It's been almost two years since surgery for me, and now that I'm almost at goal, I find that I sometimes struggle to remember what my life was like back then.  I mean, a part of you will never, ever forget.  But the details do start to blur, and I wish I'd written more about myself then to make sure I always remember to be grateful for (and vigilant with) my new self.

One thing that I'm doing is going to Europe for the first time!  My mom and I are doing a mother-daughter trip!  When I get back my husband and I will spend a lot of time on the weekends at the beach.  I like the suggestion of starting a blog.  

On 4/23/2019 at 7:44 PM, Cheesehead said:

Welcome!  Feel free to ask anything you want to know.  We’ve all been pre op with a ton of questions!  I’m 6 1/2 years out; best thing I’ve ever done for myself!  

I'm looking at your stats and it looks like I am currently very similar to your old self.  I hope to be like your new self :) too!

Welcome <3  I am almost two years out also.  I agree with Kio about documenting your journey.  I also wish I had done more of that. 

The people here on this forum are fantastic - Glad you found us. :)

CheeringCJ has a wonderful blog.  She also did monthly pictures so you can compare and visually see the changes.  For many of us it has taken month (years in my case) to see a smaller you in the mirror.  I also suggest taking measurements of everything (neck, wrist, upper arms, calves, thighs.. everything and do it monthly.  Something you can see if the scale isn’t moving.  Many times your body needs to adjust to the rapid weight loss and you won’t lose pounds but lose inches.  I also had hubby hide the scale and weighed myself every other Saturday.  The scale has never been my friend and I didn’t want to get discouraged..  This is really a wild ride the first year or so as you change your life.  Good luck..

You will have exercise buddies, RoRo and Ollie.  Cute pups!

Welcome! The blog, the measurements, the photos - these are all really important when you're feeling like you're not making progress (when actually you are, and it's going really quickly, but your post-op brain doesn't believe you). 

An extra night in TJ is not a bad idea. I traveled to Mexico and stayed about a week, all told. Every day post-op you feel a bit better, so anything to make the trip home more pleasant is a good idea.

I decided to get a return ticket with no restrictions just in case.

I’d like to start a blog but I can’t figure out where to go to do that.  If someone would be so kind as to give me directions I would appreciate that!

2 hours ago, Ro ro and Ollies mom said:

I’d like to start a blog but I can’t figure out where to go to do that.  If someone would be so kind as to give me directions I would appreciate that!

Go to the home page https://www.thinnertimesforum.com/ and select "Blogs" on the upper right of the page.  You'll then find "Create a new blog" on the mid-upper right.

On 4/25/2019 at 12:27 PM, Ro ro and Ollies mom said:

I'm looking at your stats and it looks like I am currently very similar to your old self.  I hope to be like your new self :) too!

I laughed out loud when I read your comment about @Cheesehead's stats. I remember writing her the very same thing you did! And then all my wishing came true! I firmly believe this site helps not only to receive and give support, but to see other people's journeys and see that they are possible. I feel like I am started on a journey, and the TT heroes are there ahead of me showing me the way. I'm so excited for you and your future good health!! So glad you've joined us, @Ro ro and Ollies mom it's a great ride!! :wub:

Hi and welcome :) August will be here before you know it and surgery is the best decision you will ever make. Your fur babies will thank you for it as you’ll be able to walk them much further. 

I’m curious, what hospital have you chosen? I also had surgery in Tijuana and was at Hospital Angeles. I had an incredible experience. I’m sure you will also have a positive outcome. 

I crossed the US-Mexico border at San Ysidro (San Diego) as soon as I was discharged. You might want to do that because your hospital will be able to get you across the border in a medical van. My crossing took 20 minutes or so, which was astounding. If you drive across in a car or bus, you can expect about a three hour wait. 

Again, welcome to TT!

Edit: I just read your bio. Dr. Corvala was my surgeon! He and his team of doctors are absolutely incredible. The hospital will provide you VIP treatment and stellar medical attention. The doctors and nurses will check on you every couple of hours. I’m pleased that you chose Dr. Corvala. 

Edited by NerdyToothpick