msmarymac

Can't believe I did this!!

I said I wasnt going to get a puppy...they are too much work, and i really like the idea of adopting/rescuing a dog. I said i was going to wait until after my shoulder surgery which is 2 weeks away. But then this opportunity presented itself and it felt right and my heart needed her.  So meet Rosie Sunshine :)

20190413_195916.jpg

Edited by msmarymac
fix typo

Oh Mary!  Rosie Sunshine is adorable!

As you may have read, I lost my beloved Meg on 17th March so I knew what you were going through.  

Life often has a different plan for us than the one we intended but Rosie Sunshine looks as if she's fitting in well and loving her new home.

1 hour ago, cinwa said:

Oh Mary!  Rosie Sunshine is adorable!

As you may have read, I lost my beloved Meg on 17th March so I knew what you were going through.  

Life often has a different plan for us than the one we intended but Rosie Sunshine looks as if she's fitting in well and loving her new home.

Thank you, I love her already!  And she is keeping me very busy which of course helps ease the heartache of losing my Penny.  I know you understand that, and I am so sorry for the loss of your Meg. 

Penny's middle name was Rose (Penelope Rose) so I named this puppy Rosie in her memory.   Sunshine because she brings light back into my world.  This may not have been the sensible thing to do, but it certainly feels like it was the right thing :)

That looks like a wonderful puppy! :)

1 hour ago, msmarymac said:

Penny's middle name was Rose (Penelope Rose) so I named this puppy Rosie in her memory.   Sunshine because she brings light back into my world.  This may not have been the sensible thing to do, but it certainly feels like it was the right thing :)

I think it all sounds perfect!!! And SO adorable!! There is NOTHING cuter than a puppy! Especially a big, soft, yellow one!! Lab or Golden? Goldens are my all time favorite dogs - so amazingly loving and lovable. Congratulations on the new love in your life! Rosie is a lucky gal!!! 

Congrats!  I know she won’t replace Penny, but the love helps heal her new momma’s heart! Enjoy her and may you have a happy long time with her!

I must say that it not only feels right to you but, it sure does look right to me ;) 

i am only too familiar with the heartache of losing a beloved pet. I am very sorry for your loss. 

So glad that you found room in your heart for Rosie. She is a very lucky girl indeed. 

Everything about this makes me smile ❤️ I’m thrilled that you got a puppy! She is gorgeous, and I can tell by your smile it is the right time. And I just love her name! 

Perfect :wub:

20 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

I think it all sounds perfect!!! And SO adorable!! There is NOTHING cuter than a puppy! Especially a big, soft, yellow one!! Lab or Golden? Goldens are my all time favorite dogs - so amazingly loving and lovable. Congratulations on the new love in your life! Rosie is a lucky gal!!! 

She is actually a labradoodle.  Mama is a yellow lab (like my Penny) and Papa is a white Standard poodle.  Penny was so easy these last probably 7 or 8 years but now I am remembering she was just exactly like this as a puppy!  Full of energy, full of kisses, sharp little puppy teeth and some kind of naughty behavior too.  I keep reminding myself its just the "puppy".  It is so worth it for the laughs and the love :)

45 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Everything about this makes me smile ❤️ I’m thrilled that you got a puppy! She is gorgeous, and I can tell by your smile it is the right time. And I just love her name! 

Perfect :wub:

My kids call it her "hippie name" lol.  I am smiling a lot more these days :)

Sooooo adorable!!!  Can't wait till we get ours, whatever type of mutt she may be - but we're looking at August now, since our reno doesn't start till mid-May.  I guess that will just give us a lot of time to make sure we get the right fur kid.  :) 

Congratulations, she is beautiful.

3 hours ago, Kio said:

Sooooo adorable!!!  Can't wait till we get ours, whatever type of mutt she may be - but we're looking at August now, since our reno doesn't start till mid-May.  I guess that will just give us a lot of time to make sure we get the right fur kid.  :) 

See, you're doing the sensible thing and waiting, which is what my original plan was.  That lasted about 2 weeks and I just couldn't stand the sadness and the quiet any longer.  Plus, hubby was getting fixated on Great Pyrenees rescues and while they are beautiful gentle giants, I don't want all that hair in the house!  So, I got him distracted from that by getting a puppy. Actually, this just kind of fell into place and I just couldn't resist :) 

She’s adorable!  Mama looks happy.  

Congrats to so many more years of love!

Puppyyyyyyyyyyyy! You look very happy together :wub::wub::wub:

Right and sensible are not always the same thing, but sometimes you can't control the timing. 

Ok. There is an older couple in my new neighborhood that walk their dog all of the time. Very nice couple with a very large and rambunctious “puppy”. 

I keep telling my husband that I know this dog has standard poodle in it. Now that you have described Rosie, I think that the dog may just be a labradoodle. I am going to ask the next time that I see them. 

I wanted to check in and see how things are going with the new puppers! My daughter just got a new puppy today, and it made me think of you. I hope things are going well, and I really hope the emotional end of things is getting better ❤️

And how is the shoulder doing?

22 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

I wanted to check in and see how things are going with the new puppers! My daughter just got a new puppy today, and it made me think of you. I hope things are going well, and I really hope the emotional end of things is getting better ❤️

Oh my goodness, she is so much fun!  And so much work!  It's like having a toddler again, busy busy busy!  She has really helped heal my heart, though I will always miss my Penny. 

19 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

And how is the shoulder doing?

I'm about 2 1/2 weeks out now, and it's doing pretty good.  I had a full thickness rotator cuff tear and a biceps tendon partial tear, plus a large bone spur with nerve impingement.  I'm in a lovely air cast/sling thingy for 6 weeks, with passive physical therapy.  Hubby, who works out of state, worked from home for 2 weeks so this is my first week solo and I am exhausted.  Mostly because there is no rest to be had once I get home from work!  But, I'm learning to just let go of the unimportant things...I'll get to them in 6 weeks lol.  Thanks for asking :)

On 5/16/2019 at 5:56 PM, msmarymac said:

Oh my goodness, she is so much fun!  And so much work!  It's like having a toddler again, busy busy busy!  She has really helped heal my heart, though I will always miss my Penny. 

I’m so happy for you!! It sounds like it truly was the right time for you to bring a fur baby home ❤️ They certainly do keep you busy, but that’s a good thing!! I’m so glad your heart is healing :wub: Of course you will always miss your Penny...I lost my Bear 4+ years ago, and I still miss him. I always will.