msmarymac

Emotional Eating struggles

Yes, it's because they can't really tell us what they want. I wish he could really tell us when to let him go, like: "So I don't want this anymore. I had my life and now let me go."

So sorry for your loss.  Obviously, a great deal of memories are attached to your grief besides the present moment.  You are aware of this, but it doesn't stop the flooding of feelings sometimes.  Be kind to yourself.  The eating will level out.  Give yourself time and please don't judge.  Sending hugs.  

21 hours ago, Kim M said:

So sorry for your loss.  Obviously, a great deal of memories are attached to your grief besides the present moment.  You are aware of this, but it doesn't stop the flooding of feelings sometimes.  Be kind to yourself.  The eating will level out.  Give yourself time and please don't judge.  Sending hugs.  

Thanks Kim.   I was away at a conference for a few days which was a nice respite.  It's being at home in the quiet that really gets me.  I will get another dog in time and in fact have been "looking" online at shelters.  I need to wait though, as I am having a rotator cuff repair on April 29 so it only makes sense to get all rehabbed first.  I have never been know for my patience lol

On 4/8/2019 at 10:53 AM, msmarymac said:

Thanks Kim.   I was away at a conference for a few days which was a nice respite.  It's being at home in the quiet that really gets me.  I will get another dog in time and in fact have been "looking" online at shelters.  I need to wait though, as I am having a rotator cuff repair on April 29 so it only makes sense to get all rehabbed first.  I have never been know for my patience lol

I think there are certain times and places where the grief can come more intensely.   You obviously have a love of animals and any dog would be happy to be part of your family.  Good luck with the rotator cuff repair and yes I think it is wise to wait.  The rehab can take awhile.  Keep us updated.  

Emotional eating is something that always seems to be waiting there for me.  I'm so, so grateful that my WLS gave me space between my "want this" and "get this" and "eat this" to think about my choices.  That doesn't mean I always make the right choices - sometimes I really, really don't.  But I always know what I'm doing now, and I think that makes it easier to get back to good, when I need to.

I struggled with this a lot when I lost Sadie - some of it was just sadness, but also guilt, because she was my dad's before mine, and his greatest worry was whether someone would take care of her when he was gone.  I managed it for a while - but not as long as any of us would have liked.  Plus, animals just grow on you - they make you theirs just like you make them yours.  There's really no way to avoid falling in love with them, is there?

It will take time but it will get easier.  And I agree that another fur-face to love can help the process, when the time comes!  We're on that path ourselves - just waiting until our Summer of Renovation is over before we bring a new pup into the mix.  I think we're also looking at a non-puppy sort of pup - maybe around 6 months to a year - because we're not as young as we used to be, and chasing after a puppy is hard work!!!

I'm thinking of you, and wishing you lots of good memories without too much sadness.  *hug*

1 hour ago, summerset said:

So our beloved Balou is gone since 25th April. RIP.

I am so very very sorry for your loss. 

Thank you. It was a hard decision, a horrible day and it hurts like hell. :( 

I know this doesn't help much sweetie, but try to remember that when one passes, we mourn for ourselves because we can't see them anymore, "we" can't be with them anymore, but they are fine and have no more earthly issues or conflict, they are all perfect energy and knowing and love. They have other places to go now and other places to be.....things to consider and learn from the past incarnation and new things to learn before the next!!! Positive thought for a smooth cross over and a big hug to you. My furbabies are family, and it hurts something terrible to them

Thank your for your kind words.

3 hours ago, CherokeeGirl said:

when one passes, we mourn for ourselves because we can't see them anymore, "we" can't be with them anymore, but they are fine and have no more earthly issues or conflict, they are all perfect energy and knowing and love. They have other places to go now and other places to be....

This is exactly what I said to myself and it really is helping a bit. I also think that he wouldn't want us to cry.