Readytobeme

Nice Low Carb/High Protein Recipes

I found this earlier and thought that some here may like to see it. The recipes look really good and healthy. They were created for bariatric surgery patients. 

https://mayoclinichealthsystem.org/-/media/local-files/eau-claire/documents/medical-services/bariatric-surgery/bariatric-surgery-recipes.pdf?la=en&hash=D624574B942C016AF80E55554A2C8AE38234D8D2#page36

Edited by Readytobeme

I've bookmarked the link - thank you!

I've already printed out the Cod with Lemon & Capers - I've pulled some cod out of the freezer - that will be dinner tonight.

19 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

I found this earlier and thought that some here may like to see it. The recipes look really good and healthy. They were created for bariatric surgery patients. 

https://mayoclinichealthsystem.org/-/media/local-files/eau-claire/documents/medical-services/bariatric-surgery/bariatric-surgery-recipes.pdf?la=en&hash=D624574B942C016AF80E55554A2C8AE38234D8D2#page36

@cinwa's note about the cod triggered my response. Last week made haddock with farro/garlic in my Instant Pot. My notes read, "best fish I have ever made in my life." It is not only possible, but probable and likely, you can make great food that is delicious AND helps you maintain your weight loss. Later this week will be eating confit duck legs made a few weeks ago. Let none of us refrain from making the world more beautiful, more enjoyable, more tasty, after WLS and while crafting an healthy diet and healthy life!

I have tried a few of the recipes in the past. All were very good. 

I plan to make the yogurt chicken this week. 

BB- I too love my Instant pot and use it often. 

I had a long distance move plus lost two more people in my family over the past 6 months. Embarrassed to say that I went off my eating plan back in September and really struggling to get back on it. I am determined to do it though. 

Edited by Readytobeme

Cinwa- please do let us know how the fish turns out. So many great looking recipes with high protein/low carb to choose from. 

6 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

Cinwa- please do let us know how the fish turns out. So many great looking recipes with high protein/low carb to choose from. 

The fish was absolutely delicious - I used homemade fish stock instead of water which I know made it all the better but all the same, it was a big hit and I'll be using it with haddock (which I prefer over cod), striped bass and shrimp etc.

I may have to try this, wonder if I can use tilapia  instead ?

Edited by tracyringo

9 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

I may have to try this, wonder if I can use tilapia  instead ?

Tilapia is great for that recipe Tracy.  I don't eat meat but I love fish and eat it several times a week.  I've used tilapia, sole, cod and haddock for the recipe - just remember to adjust the cooking time for thinner fish.  And I have to tell you that I used basically the same recipe with chicken fillets and it was a big hit with my DH.

1 minute ago, cinwa said:

Tilapia is great for that recipe Tracy.  I don't eat meat but I love fish and eat it several times a week.  I've used tilapia, sole, cod and haddock for the recipe - just remember to adjust the cooking time for thinner fish.  And I have to tell you that I used basically the same recipe with chicken fillets and it was a big hit with my DH.

I am gonna try it,  need to go buy some capers and butter .