Nana Trish

T -3 days till knee replacement #2

Well guys, it looks like I’m going to make it to surgery this time around :) I’ve had all of my pre op appointments, my labs, and received the go ahead from everyone. As long as I don’t get sick again, Wednesday is the day.

I’ve fallen behind with my PT (in the office with the therapist) because when I was recovering I was too weak to go, and once I felt better, their schedule was full on the only available days I could go there...in between pre op everything. I’ve been doing extra at home, like lots of up and down stairs, stretching, quad sets and heel slides, and I’ve been walking LOADS in the stores, etc...it’s still too crappy outside to walk any distance just yet. I’m walking too much to use the old “how many Trish’s” measurement these days, for those of you that remember that...lol. It’s amazing what a difference having one healthy (albeit artificial) knee makes when trying to walk! It gets stiff a lot, and I get a lot of pain in the hamstrings and tendons, but the KNEE has no pain. The joint feels great! I’m so looking forward to being in this place, post op, with my new knee :) :) :) 

I’ve gained back SOME of the weight I had lost when I got sick with gastritis, but then I started losing a little again. I’m starting to not be so afraid of the 130’s, which is good. But along with the weight loss came worsening tailbone pain (it had become quite a bit better over the past few months while maintaining) and I can feel nothing but bone when I lay down in bed at night. I’m not liking that part so much. I think all of the walking I’m doing might be part of the reason my weight is staying in the low 130’s now, because I’m eating completely normally again, and have been for more than a week. But I’m just going to keep on plan and see where my body decides to land. I’m still well in the “normal BMI” range so there is nothing to worry about. 

Please pray that nothing else gets in the way of surgery on Wednesday!! I’ll keep you all posted (or have Papa Trish post) as things progress ❤️

Time has flown by Trish - it hardly seems a few days ago when you went in for your first knee replacement.

But here you are, preparing for the second.

Here's wishing for a smooth surgery and a speedy recovery.  t4604.gif

Thank you, @cinwa ❤️:rolleyes::D

I’m just happy I at least know what to expect this time around, lol. I’m sure it will go well. 

3 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

... received the go ahead from everyone. As long as I don’t get sick again, Wednesday is the day.

...But I’m just going to keep on plan and see where my body decides to land. I’m still well in the “normal BMI” range so there is nothing to worry about. 

Please pray that nothing else gets in the way of surgery on Wednesday!! I’ll keep you all posted (or have Papa Trish post) as things progress ❤️

Trish with you on this next surgery. Onwards... and I bet that after you are over this next surgery, and way more ambulatory, life will look a lot smoother...

17 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Trish with you on this next surgery. Onwards... and I bet that after you are over this next surgery, and way more ambulatory, life will look a lot smoother...

I’m sure things will look a lot smoother too, BB :) I’m a little gun shy because this was too reminiscent of my pre op bariatric days when I had to postpone my bypass for a year because of the thyroid cancer. At least I didn’t have to postpone the knee surgery for a year...just a couple of weeks. I have been much more ambulatory since the first knee was done though! I can even roll over from my butt to my knees to get up off the floor after doing PT at home now, which is something I NEVER could have done pre op knee #1, or pre WLS for that matter! And I’m walking like a mad woman these days, which feels so weird but utterly fantastic!! I’m still stuck with the walker because the bad knee still gives out on me, but I should only need that for about 4 more weeks if this one heels up like the first one did. Exciting times coming!!

It sounds like you're in a more serene and positive place right now, Trish. That's great. I bet you'll be feeling great with those two new knees! :) Best of luck on surgery day. 

2 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

It sounds like you're in a more serene and positive place right now, Trish. That's great. I bet you'll be feeling great with those two new knees! :) Best of luck on surgery day. 

I think I am in a more serene and positive place right now, Jen :) I have trouble staying positive when I’m jumping the hurdles that get thrown in my path, but I always find my way back to positive, lol. Thanks so much for the well wishes! I’ll be happy when it’s over. 

10 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

I’m sure things will look a lot smoother too, BB :) ... I have been much more ambulatory since the first knee was done though! I can even roll over from my butt to my knees to get up off the floor after doing PT at home now, which is something I NEVER could have done pre op knee #1, or pre WLS for that matter! And I’m walking like a mad woman these days, which feels so weird but utterly fantastic!! I’m still stuck with the walker because the bad knee still gives out on me, but I should only need that for about 4 more weeks if this one heels up like the first one did. Exciting times coming!!

6 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

I think I am in a more serene and positive place right now, Jen :) I have trouble staying positive when I’m jumping the hurdles that get thrown in my path, but I always find my way back to positive, lol. Thanks so much for the well wishes! I’ll be happy when it’s over. 

(2 years ago I suggested Trish walk every day, and have (this was said tongue in cheek) her family members of hers paint little lines on her driveway with each measured distance between lines declared "One Trish" - - - like the MIT student who was rolled across a bridge going from Cambridge to Boston named Smoot. Smoots are a distance, and here the suggestion was... we should recognize... Trishes. And so, went my suggestion, Trish could walk up and down her driveway and count off the Trishes. But Trish could not walk very much at all after her WLS, and she gracefully put that suggestion aside. My suggestion was unthinking. It was offered without understanding the magnitude of the challenges she faced, and I came to better understand this through her humor, honesty and humanity posted here. And now she is getting those knees replaced. What a journey! What drive! What accomplishment!)

Whoa there Trish, does this mean your no-good, laze-about family is finally going to paint those Trish lines? Are we going to have to have the Boston Chapter visit you upstate and do the deed on your driveway!??

You are in my best thoughts and prayers. I am very sure that it will all work out.

And, yes, I remember what a “Trish” is in terms of measurement, and your ability to become mobile now is truly amazing. 

We are here to support you. 

13 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

And so, went my suggestion, Trish could walk up and down her driveway and count off the Trishes. But Trish could not walk very much at all after her WLS, and she gracefully put that suggestion aside. 

I want you to know, BB, that I never put your suggestion aside. It actually proved to be quite a motivator to me when I actually could get out there and walk!! I thought of it EVERY time I went out and walked in the driveway :) And I found myself trying to outdo the number of “Trishes” walked each time, even if it was only by 1 or 2. It’s hard for me to tell by your post if you were glad you made the suggestion or feeling bad about it...I’m THRILLED that you made that suggestion! It wasn’t really possible for anyone that wasn’t here with me to understand what I’d been going through in reguards to my mobility, but I felt a bit of a challenge along with your suggestion, and that was probably one of the best things for me! Even if I couldnt be consistent with it, I still challenged myself every time I did walk, and that’s a wonderful thing for someone in my position :) So the way I see it, I owe you a huge THANK YOU!! If I actually make it to Boston this summer, you will see what a difference my new knees are making, and your idea was a big part of me getting to where I am right now ❤️

13 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Whoa there Trish, does this mean your no-good, laze-about family is finally going to paint those Trish lines? Are we going to have to have the Boston Chapter visit you upstate and do the deed on your driveway!??

Yes...the Boston Chapter needs to come to my house and paint those lines...yes, you do! :lol:

12 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

You are in my best thoughts and prayers. I am very sure that it will all work out.

And, yes, I remember what a “Trish” is in terms of measurement, and your ability to become mobile now is truly amazing. 

We are here to support you. 

Thank you, @Res Ipsa!! I truly appreciate your thoughts and prayers ❤️

I’m ready to do this!! This is going to be my best summer yet :D

Yikes, that's tomorrow!!  Wishing you the very best; a smooth surgery and recovery experience and a summer full of fun!

8 hours ago, msmarymac said:

Yikes, that's tomorrow!!  Wishing you the very best; a smooth surgery and recovery experience and a summer full of fun!

Thank you for the well wishes, @msmarymac ❤️ Yes ma’am, it’s tomorrow!! Gotta be at the hospital at 7:30am (last time I didn’t have to be there until 1pm and never ended up getting into surgery until about 3:10pm), so I just pray I can sleep tonight lol. Sending prayers your way tonight too ❤️❤️❤️

You should be in surgery about now Trish ....  I'm thinking of you and holding you in my thoughts and prayers.   

8 hours ago, cinwa said:

You should be in surgery about now Trish ....  I'm thinking of you and holding you in my thoughts and prayers.   

Thank you so much for the prayers, @cinwa!! ❤️❤️❤️

I got done in surgery around noon...had to spend extra time in recovery but only because my room wasn’t ready, lol. I’ve already been up for a walk, and I’m feeling great. Your prayers were answered!!

19 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

I got done in surgery around noon...had to spend extra time in recovery but only because my room wasn’t ready, lol. I’ve already been up for a walk, and I’m feeling great. Your prayers were answered!!

Yay!!

That's great to hear Trish - bionic woman!  :lol:

2 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

go Trish go!

46 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

go Trish go!

I’m going, BB!! :D

1 hour ago, cinwa said:

That's great to hear Trish - bionic woman!  :lol:

Yes!! My transformation to bionic is complete, lol :D

2 hours ago, msmarymac said:

Yay!!

I second that yay!!

33 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Yes!! My transformation to bionic is complete, lol :D

Yeah!  Great news. Shall I enter you into the 2020 Boston Marathon?   :rolleyes:

Glad you are doing great!  Or is that the pain meds talking?

2 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

Yeah!  Great news. Shall I enter you into the 2020 Boston Marathon?   :rolleyes:

Nooooo, lol...no marathons for this gal. A walkathon maybe :D