Sign in to follow this  
Brattykid

Med Check

Hey!  So my program doesn't do any blood testing until maybe the 6 month mark, and I just really need to know where I'm at so I have my PCP doing a med check for me tomorrow morning. I want to make sure my high dose of blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds don't need to be changed (I hope they do!!!) and I want her to check my vitamin levels.  I know the big ones to check are B-12 or all B vitamins, iron, vitamin D, and is it possible to check calcium?  I just switched to the patch vitamins a few weeks ago because I wasn't remember to take all of my multiple doses of meds all day long. I was always good in the morning and the evening, but missed my iron, calcium, vitamin D3, etc that I would take throughout the day for better absorption. Anyone recommend all that I should have her check or just the basics for now since they will do another check in a couple months at my 6 month mark?

I have a complete blood count, liver function tests, kidney function tests, MBA20, iron studies, D3, B12....standard every 6 months but were every 3 months for the first year. Calcium is measured in the standard testing, but it's meaningless really. Blood just takes calcium from the bones if there isn't enough in the blood stream. The only real way to test that you're getting enough calcium is through a DEXA bone density test.