Sign in to follow this  
doxy

not losing weight after gastric why

hi im marlene  I had surgery dec 12th of 2018  I have not lost weight like I should  I stay bloated  and im getting discouraged 

Sounds like you need to log everything you're eating and drinking, print out your logs and visit your dietician. 

Welcome!  According to your stats.  You’ve lost 30#.  That 10# a month.  You are considered a “lightweight”.  Since lightweights have less to lose, they lose slower.  Stay on your plan.  You will reach goal.  You have less than #50 to goal.  

Did you take measurements so you can see where you’re losing inches?  

We each lose weight at our own rate. Your rate is what it is. Your stats are minus 30 pounds. You are a success. You must not fall into the trap of comparing your rate to some other random person. Success is success. 

How quickly you lose weight after surgery does NOT determine your long term success. The fact you are on a support website is good though as social support - in person, via the web, whatever - IS predictive of success. 

Maybe you would like to accelerate your success. People tend to look to modest changes in exercise; perhaps changing your balance of proteins, fats, and carbs; or (with really low caloric intake) upping your calories  by a few hundred calories a day. 

An interesting tactic is to measure your arms, thighs, waist, hips, bust, chest, neck.... it's really common to see a change in your SIZE with an unchanging weight. A fall in one of those measures keeps your spirits up when the scale is not changing.  Try measuring yourself every, oh, week or so with those.