I am weighing in at 172 even this morning .6 less then 18 month.  I hit 170.8 this month and bounced right back up.  My weight is holding without much effort on most days at 172 or 173.  My body is comfortable here and I am pretty content with my size.  I also like not having to track anymore and I don't have as much anxiety about regain, but I am weighing in everyday.

At 19 months out I am not a perfect eater but I still put protein first 95% of the time and I still read the labels when grocery shopping.  I also try to keep junk out of the house but like I said I am not perfect.  I still have really good restriction as long as I eat my protein first, I can eat 3 to 4 oz of meat , but not much more then that.  Salads are not a slider food for me but I have seen others who say that they are for them. My slider foods are of the savory sort and I wasn't a savory eater before VSG so I just keep those out of the house and it doesn't bother me, but cupcakes are a different story, cake of any kind :wacko: I do occasional cupcakes now because of the size and they do sell them in singles.  I know this isn't for everyone but it makes me feel normal to be able to enjoy one if/when I want.

I had my breast reduction and lift 2 1/2  weeks ago and all went well and I am doing really well.  My surgeon Dr. Mystrik was great and did a really nice job.  I still cant believe these are mine, lol.  This is the 2nd best thing I have done so far.

Holding steady and being flexible, that's huge!  Glad to hear your recent surgery was a success.  Keep up the great work!

Rob

Great job!!  Your success is an inspiration to us all!! :)

Glad you are doing great!  And finding what works for you!  

Congrats on all your success, Tracy! It sounds like you have found a pattern of behaviors that is working well for you. That's the secret, at the end of the day, I think! :) 

11 hours ago, Rob_VSG said:

Holding steady and being flexible, that's huge!  Glad to hear your recent surgery was a success.  Keep up the great work!

Ditto to this...couldn't have said it better!

@tracyringo I'm the opposite to you in that I need to keep the tempters in my house. I find that if I know my favourite chocolate bar is in the fridge or I have a packet of chips in the cupboard then I don't actually crave them, so don't eat them. If I crave them and don't have them, then I will go to the shop to buy them. Once I've gone to that effort then I always eat what I made the effort to go and buy. Someone on an aussie Facebook Page called that "panicked indulgence". Haha...I told her I'm stealing that term. I've actually planned my next indulgence.... I'll be buying a hot x bun from an exclusive bakery to have with lashings of butter on Good Friday, plus an expensive dark chocolate peppermint for Easter Sunday. I'll just make sure to double up on the acarbose those two days.          

8 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

Ditto to this...couldn't have said it better!

@tracyringo I'm the opposite to you in that I need to keep the tempters in my house. I find that if I know my favourite chocolate bar is in the fridge or I have a packet of chips in the cupboard then I don't actually crave them, so don't eat them. If I crave them and don't have them, then I will go to the shop to buy them. Once I've gone to that effort then I always eat what I made the effort to go and buy. Someone on an aussie Facebook Page called that "panicked indulgence". Haha...I told her I'm stealing that term. I've actually planned my next indulgence.... I'll be buying a hot x bun from an exclusive bakery to have with lashings of butter on Good Friday, plus an expensive dark chocolate peppermint for Easter Sunday. I'll just make sure to double up on the acarbose those two days.          

Glad you can do that Aussie, I would eat it all within a few days.  Out of sight out of mind is my motto.   I deal with panicked indulgence anytime I buy myself a treat, ha ! is a hot x bun a donut machine or a bread machine?   I will sometimes buy a bag of Dove Dark Chocolate and I don't seem to have a problem eating those constantly.

5 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Glad you can do that Aussie, I would eat it all within a few days.  Out of sight out of mind is my motto.   I deal with panicked indulgence anytime I buy myself a treat, ha ! is a hot x bun a donut machine or a bread machine?   I will sometimes buy a bag of Dove Dark Chocolate and I don't seem to have a problem eating those constantly.

OMG....do you not have hot x buns in the US!!!! They are a very traditional (Christian) Easter bun here in Australia....I would think in the UK as well, given that's where our early settlers came from mostly. Really just a spicy fruit bun, usually eaten warm (or toasted) and buttered on Good Friday in remembrance of Christ being nailed to the cross and interned in the cave.  Then Easter Sunday the tradition is the Easter eggs (usually chocolate but sometimes candy) symbolic of the the resurrection. Of course both are so nice that many folk eat them both from the time they start appearing on supermarket shelves until they are pretty much sold out after Easter. I used to actually bake my own buns and mould my own eggs with treats inside for the kids, but this year I'll just buy a quality version of each for myself to ensure my supply is very limited.

images (3).jpeg

Edited by Aussie Bear

1 hour ago, Aussie Bear said:

OMG....do you not have hot x buns in the US!!!! They are a very traditional (Christian) Easter bun here in Australia....I would think in the UK as well, given that's where our early settlers came from mostly. Really just a spicy fruit bun, usually eaten warm (or toasted) and buttered on Good Friday in remembrance of Christ being nailed to the cross and interned in the cave.  Then Easter Sunday the tradition is the Easter eggs (usually chocolate but sometimes candy) symbolic of the the resurrection. Of course both are so nice that many folk eat them both from the time they start appearing on supermarket shelves until they are pretty much sold out after Easter. I used to actually bake my own buns and mould my own eggs with treats inside for the kids, but this year I'll just buy a quality version of each for myself to ensure my supply is very limited.

images (3).jpeg

Wow they look yummy !!

Hot cross buns in US

As a Brit. living in the US, hot cross buns are certainly on the list of things I miss from back home.  

I've seen packets of them on occasions but they look a poor excuse for the real thing so I've never bothered buying them to celebrate Easter.  Probably not a bad thing ... they really are a passion of mine.

8 hours ago, cinwa said:

As a Brit. living in the US, hot cross buns are certainly on the list of things I miss from back home.  

I've seen packets of them on occasions but they look a poor excuse for the real thing so I've never bothered buying them to celebrate Easter.  Probably not a bad thing ... they really are a passion of mine.

We can't miss them here. They've been front and centre as you walk into pretty much any supermarket since early January.  The supermarket mass produced ones are rubbish though and I have no problem not buying them......plus to me they are a traditional Good Friday thing and not an everyday just because I like them thing. I'll just buy one from a good bakery when the time comes. Sure I'll pay a premium price for it, but if I bought a pack I'd probably end up eating them all.

On 3/9/2019 at 10:43 AM, tracyringo said:

My body is comfortable here and I am pretty content with my size.  I also like not having to track anymore and I don't have as much anxiety about regain, but I am weighing in everyday.

MY HERO!!! Way to kill it on maintenance! This is the most important phase, because it is the rest of our lives, and you are doing awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing. You are showing great strength while going into this next part of your journey. As I see it, you are:

1) Keeping your weight steady

2) Checking in every day with the scale

3) Lowering your anxiety about weight regain

4) Finding where your body weight is comfortable

5) Learning body acceptance

6) Learning food habits that work for you

Wow, wow, WOW!  Awesome! Great job!

Holding steady weight, learning where my body is comfortable, and lowering anxiety about regain are three that I'm struggling with, but I'm only 12 months out. You've set a good goal for me to add these other accomplishments by month 19. Thanks for posting! 

14 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

We can't miss them here. They've been front and centre as you walk into pretty much any supermarket since early January.  The supermarket mass produced ones are rubbish though and I have no problem not buying them......plus to me they are a traditional Good Friday thing and not an everyday just because I like them thing. I'll just buy one from a good bakery when the time comes. Sure I'll pay a premium price for it, but if I bought a pack I'd probably end up eating them all.

Back home, I was blessed to live in a small town with a bakery and I timed it right to go in as the hot cross buns were coming out of the oven so they were warm and the divine smell would be wafting down the street.

18 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

MY HERO!!! Way to kill it on maintenance! This is the most important phase, because it is the rest of our lives, and you are doing awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing. You are showing great strength while going into this next part of your journey. As I see it, you are:

1) Keeping your weight steady

2) Checking in every day with the scale

3) Lowering your anxiety about weight regain

4) Finding where your body weight is comfortable

5) Learning body acceptance

6) Learning food habits that work for you

Wow, wow, WOW!  Awesome! Great job!

Holding steady weight, learning where my body is comfortable, and lowering anxiety about regain are three that I'm struggling with, but I'm only 12 months out. You've set a good goal for me to add these other accomplishments by month 19. Thanks for posting! 

Thanks Cindy.  I try and take it one day at a time.