Cheesehead

Just because I can

February has been brutal.  We got over 37” of snow and fidgid cold weather.  My hubby travels for work but when he is home he uses the tractor to plow the driveway.  I can usually make do until he gets home.  This last month if we get 4” of snow and he is gone, I shovel it.  I did it twice this week.  Our neighbor has volunteered to do it and my son in law has volunteered to bring their snow blower down.  But I realized yesterday, as long as it is powdery snow, I actually ENJOY shoveling!  When I was bigger I’d have been horribly out of breath.  I actually had the driveway done before the neighbor had his done..

66C73D56-F3E4-485B-8A70-348D1F2AAC53.jpeg

FF94E2F4-68DF-4940-B511-C29C22913C02.jpeg

Good Lord, @Cheesehead, WAY TO GO!! That’s one hell of a long driveway! What an awesome job! I was just telling hubby how much I’m actually looking forward to shoveling next winter...just because I can (will be able to, by then)!! It’s frustrating, because my weight is not what’s keeping me from it this year, for a change, lol! Proud of you, my friend ❤️

You're my hero - shovelling snow is not something I enjoy and this has been a particularly harsh and long spell of bad weather.  This year it was heavy and wet and then froze for several days on the trott.  

I ended up driving up and down our drive a couple of times a day with the Explorer in 4WD.  It worked and I was able to get out but with snow upon snow and some hard freezing, it was like a skating rink.  But thankfully, I have a neighbour from heaven and he brought in his small tractor with shovel and backhoe yesterday.

I've never been more ready for spring to come.

Wow, my hero! What an accomplishment (an accomplishment that will probably not last long, but anyway). Don't mess with @Cheesehead! She's tough!! :D 

Way to go, @Cheesehead! Now I can see why your arms may have more muscle than before! Your rock!!!! Thanks for the pictures!

You're a rockstar @Cheesehead!! I had a driveway about like that when I was heavy and I thought it would kill me.  I have a much more manageable one now but am unable to do it because of a torn rotator cuff.  Thankfully I have AWD and just power through the snow.  I am ready to be done with this snow.  Today is the official start of Tornado season for us, whoopee :)

Having just been through another heatwave....the grass is always greener!!!! Mind you I'm not sure I could handle the cold that must come with snow even though it looks beautiful. Just as I doubt many of you could handle the heat I live with every summer....it certainly takes a lot of acclimatisation.  That driveway though Cheesehead.....OMG it would seem an overwhelming task to me.

Wow  !!     You been really busy.    It is great that you are able to do all of that.  Great exercise.

5 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

Having just been through another heatwave....the grass is always greener!!!! Mind you I'm not sure I could handle the cold that must come with snow even though it looks beautiful. Just as I doubt many of you could handle the heat I live with every summer....it certainly takes a lot of acclimatisation.  That driveway though Cheesehead.....OMG it would seem an overwhelming task to me.

Since I know -40 is the same in both f and c.  We actually hit that a couple of weeks ago.  It’s been a few years since it’s been that cold.  I am ready to be done with winter.  Roads are getting narrower.  The piles are getting bigger.  One has to carefully pull into the intersection looking for on coming cars because you can’t see around piles.  Predicting more snow this weekend but hubby will be home..  we set a record for snowfall in February!  

9 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

...I am ready to be done with winter.  Roads are getting narrower.  The piles are getting bigger.  One has to carefully pull into the intersection looking for on coming cars because you can’t see around piles.  ...........  

You and me both!

We're about to be hit with another round of snow and freezing temps.  There's still packed, frozen snow on the ground so I'm not looking forward to it and it's supposed to last for a week...ug!

9 hours ago, cinwa said:

You and me both!

We're about to be hit with another round of snow and freezing temps.  There's still packed, frozen snow on the ground so I'm not looking forward to it and it's supposed to last for a week...ug!

Predicting 12-15 Saturday and Sunday!  Hubby will be home so he can clear the driveway!  He’s already shoveled the roof once..super Bowl Sunday, there was barely enough snow to sled on.  Afraid to have the grandkids over for sledding for fear they will get lost!