AliPat

12mo Post-op... Still chipping away at it

Hi all, sorry I've been gone....been living life on the "WTH' is going on" side of life.  got hurt at work, I've been sitting at home, in pain, and the MS has reared it's ugly head.  as if it wasn't bad enough I didn't make it to the goal I set for myself for the 1yr mark, I gained 5 lbs in a very short period of time, sitting at home.  BUT.....this is not a "poor me, I failed" post, rather a "yeah me, I'm getting control of myself and my situation" post.

I planned on being at 165 by my birthday sept 30 last year, NOT, I finally got there in jan.  still there, if you count the pounds i gained and then lost.

The cool part is that I have been doing some... "soul searching" and while I was out there, I rediscovered some very helpful info.  stuff I "know to do" but kinda forgot all about it.

I've been working on "law of attraction" and mind "reconditioning" via Anthony Robbins "the body you deserve" program....along with some other stuff, lots of journaling and affirmations, and a truck load of self Butt Whoopin.  I'm still at home, don't know when I am going back to work.  and for now, I cannot do any strenuous exercise. basically, just walking...finally get to walk.

This last  1.5 wk, I dusted off my elliptical, downloaded a few books and programs and got to work.  I start my day with some type of learning, be it: Law of attraction, tony robbins, buddism, or any other form of personal growth. then I journal and/or do some affirmations (usually both).  I also have a really loud alarm set on my phone to remind me to move at ten minutes to the top of very hour from 8:50a-7:50p.  Goal: 250 steps per hour / 6,000 steps per day.  When the alarm goes off, I either step outside and go for a 10 min walk or I hit the elliptical for 3min.  I've met my goal every day this week, as opposed to sitting on my bum all day like I did the last month. Turns out, walking is very peaceful and relaxing.  I like to sort of meditate in the rhythm of it. I have dropped from 167.8 to 165.2 in a week.  my lowest was 163.6 about 4-6 wks ago. I have also almost gotten control of my daily diet.  it wasn't bad, it just wasn't good. I was only losing .25lb a week, and I know I can do better than that.  I was too comfortable and too complacent with sub-standard success and wasn't really pushing my self over the finish line of my goal of 135-150.  I was living high on the hog of "good enough" because it allowed me to cheat ...... which is only cheating myself. 

Anyways, I'm really liking the self growth things I am doing, as it is addressing the "why" of me getting fat in the first place.  the 'why' I put food in my mouth.  the 'why' can't i stop putting food in my mouth.  I "know" what to "DO"....doing it is another story.  this is helping address the "mind game" of weight loss.

my 12mo stats are:   65lbs gone... from 230-265, size 24-12, 3x-M...

Recently, I've spent a great deal of time, creating "weight loss" related affirmations.  I'm going to post them separately, so anyone can copy them and change the details to fit their own situation. 

IMG_6458.JPG

@AliPat  You are struggling but hanging in there!  I'm sorry to hear about your work injury and MS challenges but am really glad to see you working on your mind set and sticking to the plan.  Have you made any diet tweaks to help with the MS condition?  I don't know much about it but recently saw an article saying restricting trans fats, refined carbs, sugar, and dairy is something to consider when dealing with MS. The exercise really helps with mental attitude also, so awesome that you keep moving.  The affirmations are great, make sure you are loving yourself every day!

Rob

You’’ve done an amazing job on you,   @AliPat!!! And you look great!  Keep it up and you’ll be a size 6 before you know it!!

Keep up the hard work!  You’ll be at goal in no time!

I completely relate!!  Get strong. 

Keep an eye on those pictures when you feel frustrated. They are incredible! You look so healthy! You have added decades of longevity to your life this year. Keep up all the hard work, you're doing great! 

@AliPat, you look fantastic, and it sounds like you're doing the hard, emotional work of taking care of your inner self. Good for you! Congrats on your milestone.

That's an amazing transformation Alipat!

@AliPat

Sounds to me like you are doing the kind of mid-course corrections we should all be doing. Love the idea of "weight loss affirmations." Your photos are an inspiration1

In January I spent a couple of weeks In India and had no gym available to me - so would get up early, before the air pollution got bad, and walked for an hour or an hour and 10 minutes in a very leafy, forested, even gardened area - watched the world wake up, all the early morning things people do. When I got back to the US I went back to my gym and the first thing I did was pull a shoulder muscle rowing ... so back to walking it was. It's a good exercise and all it takes is a pair of shoes (well, I guess some clothes too). 

You look GREAT !!!   Keep up the good work !!