tracyringo

Breast lift tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the big day.  I was excited when I found out I was having this done almost 4 months ago, but now I am scared.  I am scared of the pain because of my last surgery and I am afraid of what they will look like.

If anyone has any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated.

No advice from me, either. You're a strong person, and you can get through it, pain-wise. Keep your mind on the goals you have set for yourself, and visualize beautifully lifted tatas :wub:

I have no words of wisdom Tracy except to say that I'll be thinking of you today.

Okay surgery is done and I am at home.  The pain is bearable (thank you god).  I think I can get excited now that it is over.  I will update as I go along.  Thank you @Aussie Bear @Jen581791 and @cinwa for being here and thinking of me today.  I really do appreciate it.

Congratulations Tracy!

Just seeing this, so happy for you!  Glad it is over and that you're not in much pain. I didn't find the breast lift to be nearly as painful as the TT.  Here's to perkiness :)

6 hours ago, msmarymac said:

Just seeing this, so happy for you!  Glad it is over and that you're not in much pain. I didn't find the breast lift to be nearly as painful as the TT.  Here's to perkiness :)

Thank you Mary, I cant believe how well my pain is.  I was  told that may be a different story tomorrow, guess I will see.  Did you scar bad and is their anything I can do to help it?

Glad to hear it's done and not too painful!

4e29576bdaaf70626c65ba9807eb46d7_eggs-ov

18 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Jen you are a hoot!

I had a breast reduction 20 years ago. It's uncomfortable but pain was controlled with meds. I had drains on each breast and that was the hardest part of surgery. Good luck. 

13 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Thank you Mary, I cant believe how well my pain is.  I was  told that may be a different story tomorrow, guess I will see.  Did you scar bad and is their anything I can do to help it?

Very little scarring and it's very discreet under the breast. most noticeable is around the nipple which has remained pink but it is a very fine line. Just looks like my nipples are outlined lol.  And, I lost no sensation which delighted me ;)

After I had permission from my surgeon I did scar massage with bio-oil.  There are all sorts of expensive oils, creams, etc but it's the massage itself that does the most good because it improves blood flow.

13 hours ago, msmarymac said:

Very little scarring and it's very discreet under the breast. most noticeable is around the nipple which has remained pink but it is a very fine line. Just looks like my nipples are outlined lol.  And, I lost no sensation which delighted me ;)

After I had permission from my surgeon I did scar massage with bio-oil.  There are all sorts of expensive oils, creams, etc but it's the massage itself that does the most good because it improves blood flow.

Thank you for this info, I thought I had seen something awhile back from another member about the massaging. When did you start?

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:05 PM, Jen581791 said:

These things are the BOMB !!

So today I went shopping and out to lunch with my mom who came to take care of me.  We also went out to dinner with my brother and his family.  I have only taken 3 pain killers today.  I cant believe I feel this good, as far as not being in awful pain, my sisters had this done and were both laid up and they were in their 20s and 30s !!  They are mostly just sore and the compression bra is not too comphy because it rubs on the stitches even though I have gauze over them.  I love my new TATAS !!

Tracy!!!! Congrats on the new tatas!!!! I’m sorry I missed this post, but I’m so very happy for you! I’m thrilled that the pain isn’t nearly as bad as you thought it was going to be. Happy healing, my friend! ❤️

Hi, @tracyringo! So glad it is over and that it wasn’t as bad as expected. I was away and just got back and saw this.  Hope you continue to heal quickly and love the results! ;)

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:59 PM, tracyringo said:

Thank you for this info, I thought I had seen something awhile back from another member about the massaging. When did you start?

Gosh, I wish my memory was better because I really don't remember but it seems like it was around a month post-op?  At your follow up appointment with your surgeon I would ask when it is safe to do so. 

@Nana Trish @CheeringCJ thanks, I am still feeling okay.  I started itching today, ut oh, lol.  Trying to keep my hands off.  @msmarymac I will ask her when I go in. My appointment is 2 weeks post op.

I am 1 week in today the swelling has gone down quite a bit.  I have had leakage on the right side from what looks like a pinhole prick.  The Drs. office said that is was okay. .I have been off pain meds for a few days now.  I didn't need them after 2 or 3 days but I tried to suck the roof of my mouth off in my sleep on night 2 and bruised the roof of my mouth and it messed with my teeth and gums. I thought I had an abcess from it.  Was much more painful then the boob surgery and lasted 5 days, to be quite honest the roof of the mouth still hurts and is red.  I assume the pain pill had something to do with it and lack of sleep from the night of surgery.  

Anyways all in all everything is going well and this is the 2nd best thing I ever did for myself.  Very pleased and will be glad when I am fully healed up.  My post op appointment is next week.

Sounds like such a quick recovery!    Good for you!  Glad you’re glad!  Wish I had the funds for one too!  I know I would feel better about myself w/ that done.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:37 PM, CheeringCJ said:

Sounds like such a quick recovery!    Good for you!  Glad you’re glad!  Wish I had the funds for one too!  I know I would feel better about myself w/ that done.

To be honest it hasn't been real painful for me at all.  It did not slow me down one bit either.  It is more sore then anything but now my stitches are bothering me and I am afraid when I go in on Wed to have them removed it will be painful.

I hoping this helps with my back and yes it has sure helped my self esteem.  I want to save the money and have my arms done now, but that would be the only thing I would do, the rest of it I will live with.  I think arms are around $5000.  I am asking Wed when I go in.  If you have back problems or arthritis in your back ( I have both) your insurance may pay.  It is worth checking out.

So I took a shower and looked at my instructions for tomorrows visit.  I decided to pull the tape and discovered there are no stitches !!  I am in shock, all the dark things were scabs under the tape.  I am relieved because I wasn't looking forward to having stitches removed from my nipples !!  So I guess the visit for tomorrow is just going to be making sure that all is well.  It all looks okay to me.  I have no bruising to speak of and just a few scabs.  I didn't pull the tape from the bottom of the breast to the nipple because I can see a blood blister there, so I just left those 2 strips and will let the nurse do that in the morning.  I will say that the areola look funny because they have to take them off and put them back on, so it is strange looking.  I suppose it will be awhile for those to look normal again @msmarymac ?

2 hours ago, tracyringo said:

So I took a shower and looked at my instructions for tomorrows visit.  I decided to pull the tape and discovered there are no stitches !!  I am in shock, all the dark things were scabs under the tape.  I am relieved because I wasn't looking forward to having stitches removed from my nipples !!  So I guess the visit for tomorrow is just going to be making sure that all is well.  It all looks okay to me.  I have no bruising to speak of and just a few scabs.  I didn't pull the tape from the bottom of the breast to the nipple because I can see a blood blister there, so I just left those 2 strips and will let the nurse do that in the morning.  I will say that the areola look funny because they have to take them off and put them back on, so it is strange looking.  I suppose it will be awhile for those to look normal again @msmarymac ?

Sure it does take awhile for that to heal and look normal.  Seems like that took longer to really look normal than I thought it would but of course it did eventually. Now just a faint pink line like someone outlined them with a fine-tip pink marker lol.  

12 hours ago, msmarymac said:

Sure it does take awhile for that to heal and look normal.  Seems like that took longer to really look normal than I thought it would but of course it did eventually. Now just a faint pink line like someone outlined them with a fine-tip pink marker lol.  

Thank you that is good to know.