Toni476

Revision from sleeve to rny tomorrow and freaking out

Surgery tomorrow around midday from sleeve to bypass due to reflux and regain . I’m terrified of all the complications can you guys share some positive experiences ? 

@Aussie Bear has had this revision and can give you the positive things about it.  Good luck to you today.

Mine wasn't from sleeve.....my original surgery pre-dated the sleeve by decades.....best thing I ever did though. Reflux went away from surgery day with the added bonus of losing all regain and even more. I do have reactive hypoglycemia now but that doesn't keep me up at night or cause pain and oesophageal damage. I just have to be really careful with carbohydrate intake and that's not a bad thing for someone needing to lose weight and keep it off anyway.

Hope you’re doing well, @Toni476 and healing quickly!  Post an update when you can

On 2/9/2019 at 8:17 PM, Toni476 said:

Surgery tomorrow around midday from sleeve to bypass due to reflux and regain . I’m terrified of all the complications can you guys share some positive experiences ? 

I hope all went well. Please give us an update when you feel better.  It will be my turn by the end of April. 

Went to surgery Monday at 12:15pm and woke up on the ward at 7. 

once I was in surgery they found a large hernia , they fixed that  Trimmed my sleeve took my gall bladder and did the bypass . Pain was fairly ok to be honest just took panadol in the drip and buscopan for the gas pains. 

Came home today at 11. Travelling ok just some gas pain , walking around well 

Glad to hear you are doing well.  Keep walking.  I had my revision on November 1.  I will say I have gone through numerous changes in terms of what I could handle with food.  The GERD is much better but not totally gone yet.  I am hoping that eventually I will be off all meds.  I have lost 31 pounds.  Not like an original surgery but that is okay.  I have restriction and the rest is up to me. 

On 2/14/2019 at 2:35 AM, Toni476 said:

Went to surgery Monday at 12:15pm and woke up on the ward at 7. 

once I was in surgery they found a large hernia , they fixed that  Trimmed my sleeve took my gall bladder and did the bypass . Pain was fairly ok to be honest just took panadol in the drip and buscopan for the gas pains. 

Came home today at 11. Travelling ok just some gas pain , walking around well 

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am hororrifed and excited regarding this next step. Thanks again and heal well!