At 18 months out I am weighing in at 172.6 this morning, 2 lbs less then last month.  I had gotten down in the 160s at one point this month but I was sick. Blah...  I passed another mile stone last week and turned 50 !!!!    So happy to turn the big 50 without being the big 300 plus lbs..

I stopped tracking right before Christmas and am doing fine.  This has reflected in the scale and I am curious to see if I keep slowly losing or stay around this weight.  I would not mind going down another 7 lbs so my size 10 pants would be less snug, lol.  I know I could do it, I just worry it would be more of a struggle staying there.  At 18 months I know I can still lose and it is easier since I have not been in the weight loss phase for the last 5 months.  I was actually 176 lb 5 days ago, right after my birthday and cupcakes:eek:.  I slammed on the breaks and have watched myself carefully since, it is a slippery slope.  The farther I get in this journey  and see how things work for me, the easier it is not to stress and I can relax more.

In 11 days I will be having my breast lift done.  I am nervous and excited to have it done.  To be honest I am worried about pain after the last surgery I had in June.  I will never be the same or look at pain the same way after that, so I am having quite a bit of anxiety about it. If any of you have had this done and want to chime in that would be great.  

I'd like to congratulate you on your long term success.  It seems you are experiencing a feeling of control that is so important for permanent success too!

Best of luck on your future plastics.  Hopefully someone will chime in.

Rob

2 hours ago, Rob_VSG said:

I'd like to congratulate you on your long term success.  It seems you are experiencing a feeling of control that is so important for permanent success too!

Best of luck on your future plastics.  Hopefully someone will chime in.

Rob

Thanks Rob.  I have been doing the intermediate fasting  12/12 and 10/14 it really helps with the snacking !

You are doing very well .  Are you still trying to lose or are you just trying to maintain?  You are 40 lbs under your goal !!

1 hour ago, tracyringo said:

Thanks Rob.  I have been doing the intermediate fasting  12/12 and 10/14 it really helps with the snacking !

You are doing very well .  Are you still trying to lose or are you just trying to maintain?  You are 40 lbs under your goal !!

I am still trying to lose.  The surgeon set that goal based on some math but I have my own expectations.  My BMI is currently hovering near 27 (as tracked by my fancy digital scale) and I would like to get to a BMI of 25 or below which hasn't happened since about 2nd grade.  I'm not sure what the rules are on these forums so I left my surgeon's goal number on my profile despite my personal goal being much different.  I am very comfortable where I am now and fasting 16hrs and eating for 8 feels normal to me now and requires less thinking about food than trying to get in 3+ meals a day.  Weight loss is slow but steady and I will see my surgeon February 20th for the 12 month follow up and see what he has to say.

My gut feeling is I should break below a BMI of 25 somewhere around 170-180 or maybe sooner if I actually make the effort to build some muscle.  :)

Well congrats, you are killing it !!  I don't think I would like the 8s lol.

Edited by tracyringo

Congrats on being where you are, Tracy! It sounds like you've found some equilibrium with not tracking and doing IF. Just keep doing what you're doing. A few birthday treats are not a problem if you crack the whip right away after, like you've done! :) 

Happy birthday and best of luck with the plastics.

16 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Congrats on being where you are, Tracy! It sounds like you've found some equilibrium with not tracking and doing IF. Just keep doing what you're doing. A few birthday treats are not a problem if you crack the whip right away after, like you've done! :) 

Happy birthday and best of luck with the plastics.

Thanks Jen.  Its nice finding a new normal .  Its not perfect or set in stone,  but I feel like I can relax a little more now. (with a watchful eye of course)