Hi everyone. Had my surgery on Monday. Good news/bad news....

I’m alive and doing pretty well. I only spent one night in the hospital and have not taken any nausea or pain meds other than what I was given there. Have been pretty good about liquids and am working on increasing my protein. That’s the good news.

Here’s the bad news. When my surgeon opened me up, he did the first part of the surgery with no issues (“the sleeve”), but couldn’t do the rest of the surgery (the switch) because I had significant scar tissue that made my duodenum adhere to something (the liver, I think). He worked at the scarring for awhile but barely made a dent. This won’t affect me long term.

I call that the bad news, but really it’s only bad because it’s not what I had in my head and not what I “trained “ for. I need to rethink things a bit, but I still have this amazing tool and will use it to its fullest!

Welcome to the losers bench @Boston Redhead

Sorry your surgery didn't go exactly as planned, but you got the main thing done, and the sleeve is such a great tool for so many here. You'll be really happy, I think! :) 

Now buckle up and get ready for a wild ride! You're going to do so well!!

@Boston Redhead congrats and welcome to the losers bench, WOOHOO !!  You are going to love the sleeve and probably have less issues then the other.  Not to mention you will be able to take ibuprofen ect.  You also wont have to be on as many vitamins .   Those are just a few nice benefits of the sleeve !!

So glad you’re doing great Boston!  Hope your road to recovery goes well!

Welcome to the losers bench.  We remain here to support you.  :)

John Major