Caitlin88

I’m new here!

Hi all!

This is my first post. I have been lurking around for a while and have found everyone’s stories so informative and inspiring!

I am self-pay and it was a little disheartening. The first hospital seminar I went to, they told me the surgery itself is $21k. The next one told me they don’t accept self-pay. I finally found an “affordable” hospital and had my first nutrition visit today!

I still have a long way to go in my journey (sleep study, gallbladder ultrasound, labs, more nutrition visits, psych evaluation, etc.) but I feel like I finally got the ball rolling and I’m feeling positive and hopeful. 

If anyone has any advice or things you wish you knew when you started your journey, I’d love to hear them! 

I look forward to *hopefully* joining you all on the losers bench!

-Caitlin

Hi Caitlin88, welcome to TT and congrats on taking the first step to a healthier you.  

You will want to start a journal and take measurements.  Good luck to you !!

Welcome to Thinner Times Caitlin.

Welcome and good luck on the hoop jumping portion of the process! Take it one step at a time, and remember that you're moving in the direction of better health.