LadyFLrebotTX

Well I am going to do it

Hi

I guess this is going to happen. :D I just hope this revised tool makes a difference. 

I feel so many mixed emotions. I am excited, scared, embaressed and a little sad.  However, this time around is different in many ways: I am in counseling. I am (70) pounds total less since the start of this process. I never try to eat at a Buffet.  :P I drink a heck of a lot less. 

I am getting emotionally/mentally/ physically stable. I now know that its okay to not always be seen as strong. I am human with all the imperfections that come with It naturaly plus some. 

I had the doors of life and pains of history hit me in the head.  I survived. I am moving forward. The count down starts now to the start of a New phase in my life. Any positive advice is welcome!

Good for you!  It sounds like you're heading into this process with your head in the right place. 

I think the only advice I really have is that it's easy to stay on track early on, so that's the best time to build habits for yourself that will sustain you long term, even after your hunger comes back (sometimes it does) or your old habits come knocking at the door.  Here are a few that have been helping me:

1) I don't eat before noon or after 8pm. (I do have a protein shake/coffee in the morning to fuel me through).

2) I weigh every day.  I know a lot of people don't, for really good reasons.  I don't think it has to be EVERY day.  But I think of my obesity as "in remission" and as such I need to monitor myself and manage the condition.  Like diabetics check their blood sugar regularly and adjust their meds or their diets, I check my weight and adjust my eating plans accordingly. 

3) I try to keep my eyes on the prize.  I like the new-me - I don't ever want to be the old me again.  When I feel old-me's habits creeping back, I take a good hard look at new-me in the mirror and remember that I have to keep acting like new-me if I want to FEEL like new-me.  I consciously think about how much it used to hurt to get out of bed in the morning, or stand up after sitting for a long time.  And then I think about how easy it is to just sit up and bound out of bed now.  The difference is sobering, and makes it easier to decide to make good choices.

Hope this helps you too!  You'll find your own way to success, and it may look a lot different from my list!  The point, I think, is to HAVE a list, because a list is a plan, and plans keep us honest.  :) Best of luck!

2 hours ago, Kio said:

Good for you!  It sounds like you're heading into this process with your head in the right place. 

I think the only advice I really have is that it's easy to stay on track early on, so that's the best time to build habits for yourself that will sustain you long term, even after your hunger comes back (sometimes it does) or your old habits come knocking at the door.  Here are a few that have been helping me:

1) I don't eat before noon or after 8pm. (I do have a protein shake/coffee in the morning to fuel me through).

2) I weigh every day.  I know a lot of people don't, for really good reasons.  I don't think it has to be EVERY day.  But I think of my obesity as "in remission" and as such I need to monitor myself and manage the condition.  Like diabetics check their blood sugar regularly and adjust their meds or their diets, I check my weight and adjust my eating plans accordingly. 

3) I try to keep my eyes on the prize.  I like the new-me - I don't ever want to be the old me again.  When I feel old-me's habits creeping back, I take a good hard look at new-me in the mirror and remember that I have to keep acting like new-me if I want to FEEL like new-me.  I consciously think about how much it used to hurt to get out of bed in the morning, or stand up after sitting for a long time.  And then I think about how easy it is to just sit up and bound out of bed now.  The difference is sobering, and makes it easier to decide to make good choices.

Hope this helps you too!  You'll find your own way to success, and it may look a lot different from my list!  The point, I think, is to HAVE a list, because a list is a plan, and plans keep us honest.  :) Best of luck!

Thanks! I remind myself daily the reasons why this is happening: (1) HBP, GERD, hernia and possible ulcers (2) I stil have a high BMI "obese" versus when "morbidly obese."  (3) As I climb out of the sunless sky of Depression/Axienty; I am free to become joyful. (4) Life happens.  Lastly,(5) The things I can change that is my focus. Living verse existing. 

Thank you so much. I  :wub: list.

I have gone through all my required testing and ready for revision Mid-May.  Now, I am sacred and happy. 

This is the best decision for my health and life.  I think even people on here think this is easy. It's not easy at all. I will take this next step. 

Edited by LadyFLrebotTX

12 hours ago, LadyFLrebotTX said:

I have gone through all my required testing and ready for revision Mid-May.  Now, I am sacred and happy. 

This is the best decision for my health and life.  I think even people on here think this is easy. It's not easy at all. I will take this next step. 

Soon, soon. Good to have inner stillness. Never easy. 

On 3/30/2019 at 11:25 PM, LadyFLrebotTX said:

Your revision date says 4/11 under your status.  I see it is May here, keep us updated and GL.