Good morning!

Stalls are so frustrating and going into my 17th month post op I have had many. However, I was the same weight for 2 months in Dec and January and almost threw in the towel but then I dropped 4 pounds and 2 inches off my hips and waist all of the sudden in one week and am 7 pounds from goal now! I just kept with my diet plan and stuck it out.

So...you CAN still lose after a stall, and you CAN still lose 17 months post op if you still follow your plan. Just thought I would throw that piece of encouragement out there because I was starting to want to eat everything and was so sick of sticking to my plan with no results, I am here to say however...it is worth it! I would not take back this surgery for anything in the world! It gave me my life back. ❤️ We can do it!!

Kudos to you elf - you've done an amazing job and you're just 7lb from your goal.

I chose not to have scales in the house when I had my WLS for that very reason.  I have a 35+ year documented history of failed dieting attempts pre-WLS. All sabotaged by what I perceived as a failing the moment the scales stopped moving.  I relied on my surgeon, nut. and prime care provider to get weighed.

Probably not for everyone but it allowed me to focus on following the programme and getting some daily exercise in.

Good points.  I barely lost some weight in November and December, however I consider that, just not gaining weight in that time period is a victory because the majority of the general population gains weight in the holiday period.  Despite very slow weight loss, I made it through Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years without gaining any weight.

It has been a long time but I don't remember being bothered too much by stalls.  I think the worst was the 3 week stall.  After that I realized,  if I keep doing what I am doing the weight loss will come.  I was a slow loser.  I didn't have any goal weight in mind and only choose one after my body stopped losing weight at about 15 months.  I figured my body knew this is where I needed to be.  Not a traditional way of doing it but I had always had a number in mind with my lifetime of dieting.  This was very different.  I  lost half my body weight and it was a weight I could maintain.  I maintained for 4 years within a few pounds,  I have had some regain and am working on losing that.  I will say it is much harder at this point and I might not get down as low as I was before but it is okay.  

I think the greatest lesson I have learned throughout this 6 3/4 years is to trust my body.  When I can do that, the weight will take care of itself. When I get into my head, I usually can get lost.  Be patient with yourself.  You are doing an amazing job and your body thanks you for that.  

I'm 16 months out now, and my weight loss has slowed considerably.  It hasn't stopped completely, though - and to be fair some of my slow-down is related to eating more calories now (and more calories as carbs).  I'm still on plan, and still low carb for the most part.  But I'm probably around 1200-1400 calories a day now and probably up to 50 grams of carbs a day from around 20.  I kind of feel like this is a natural progression from the early days, so I try not to be too worried about it. 

A couple of months ago I felt like I had bottomed out between 170-175.  Now I bounce around between 160-165.  Hopefully in a couple more months it'll be 150-155, and then goal.  :)  But to be honest, I won't be sweating too hard if I don't get to the goal in my sidebar - I'm doing great right now, happy and healthy and normal by most people's standards.  So the slow-down is a bit frustrating sometimes, but not a major source of worry for me!

@Formymum

Please read the above posts! Your Mum will lose weight! the key is to keep up the recommended diet and it will come off!

11 hours ago, Kio said:

I'm 16 months out now, and my weight loss has slowed considerably.  It hasn't stopped completely, though - and to be fair some of my slow-down is related to eating more calories now (and more calories as carbs).  I'm still on plan, and still low carb for the most part.  But I'm probably around 1200-1400 calories a day now and probably up to 50 grams of carbs a day from around 20.  I kind of feel like this is a natural progression from the early days, so I try not to be too worried about it. 

A couple of months ago I felt like I had bottomed out between 170-175.  Now I bounce around between 160-165.  Hopefully in a couple more months it'll be 150-155, and then goal.  :)  But to be honest, I won't be sweating too hard if I don't get to the goal in my sidebar - I'm doing great right now, happy and healthy and normal by most people's standards.  So the slow-down is a bit frustrating sometimes, but not a major source of worry for me!

@Kio isn't it nice to not stress on that scale going down for once, after over a year or more of watching it constantly !!  

1 hour ago, tracyringo said:

@Kio isn't it nice to not stress on that scale going down for once, after over a year or more of watching it constantly !!  

While it may no longer cause undue stress like it did early after surgery, I still miss the pleasant feeling I used to get seeing the figure on the scale drop. I suspect I'm just overly conditioned to wanting to see it go down.

Congrats, @Learningtolovemyself! You're doing great. GW is just a hair away. Your persistence is paying off :)