Nana Trish

Out of surgery, and eating!

Hey guys!! I made it through new knee #1!! Not having much pain at the moment, but the nerve block is still working. Can’t wait for that to wear off, lolol.

I’m eating 1/2 of a wrap with smoked turkey and cheese, peeling most of the wrap off. Judging from the amount of time this is taking me to type, lol, Papa Trish will be doing my posting for the rest of the day.

Thank you guys ALL for the prayers, love, good vibes and happy thoughts!!

Oh, and I forgot!! The orthopedic floor is the same as the bariatric floor...and that means PRIVATE ROOM!! Yehaw!

Nice, enjoy the private room.  Praying for a quick and easy recovery!

45 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

Nice, enjoy the private room.  Praying for a quick and easy recovery!

Thank you so much, @CheeringCJ!! ❤️

How long are you going to be in hospital for Trish?

I was released around 4:30 this evening :) @cinwa ❤️ I’ll post more tomorrow...I’m exhausted and need sleep!

Checking in to see how you're doing this morning Trish.

Get well real soon girl.

Hope you are doing great!

11 hours ago, cinwa said:

Checking in to see how you're doing this morning Trish.

Lots of pain today, @cinwa...but I’m still doing my PT!!

22 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Lots of pain today, @cinwa...but I’m still doing my PT!!

Atta Trish. Hope pain better with the cold water thing for your knee. Hope to see you frolicking about in Boston this summer. 

I've been thinking, praying, and sending good vibes!!! So glad you are doing well @Nana Trish!  I hear PT is tough, but earlier is better. Great job on starting right away!!!!!! Keep it up, friend!! :wub:

On 2/5/2019 at 7:08 AM, Cindy Lou Who said:

I've been thinking, praying, and sending good vibes!!! So glad you are doing well @Nana Trish!  I hear PT is tough, but earlier is better. Great job on starting right away!!!!!! Keep it up, friend!! :wub:

Thank you, Miss @Cindy Lou Who :wub: I’ll take all of your beautiful prayers, thoughts and good vibes, my friend!! PT is challenging, but I’m doing it, lol :D Gotta get this knee strong enough to have the other one done in mid March! 

On 2/2/2019 at 6:34 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Atta Trish. Hope pain better with the cold water thing for your knee. Hope to see you frolicking about in Boston this summer. 

The cryocuff really does ease the pain (while I’m wearing it :D), @BurgundyBoy. Frolicking is my goal in Boston this summer...I can’t wait!!

Thanks for checking in, @CheeringCJ :) I had a rough go of it the first 10 days. The swelling I was experiencing was so excessive, they ended up checking me for blood clots. Luckily I had none. I’m just one of the lucky ones (lol) that got stuck with such severe swelling that it was stopping me from being able to bend my knee far enough to do any of my home PT. The physical therapist prescribe lymphatic massage, which has been basically “milking” the extra fluid from my leg. So the past couple of days, it’s finally starting to look much more normal for being 2 weeks post op. I had my staples removed yesterday. The incision looks very good and clean, no infection present. My X-rays look great...perfect alignment, nice and shiny and new :) The pain has been interesting to get used to, but the meds they gave me are helping with that. I start outpatient PT tomorrow, so hopefully I will start building muscle and full range of motion soon. Hopefully now that the pain is improving and I can move it more, I will be back more often to update. ❤️ 

They changed the date of surgery #2 from March 14th to March 20th, so I have an extra week to get caught up with PT, etc :) 

Edited by Nana Trish

At the end of the day, I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. Big fat hugs. PT is hard but worth every step. Go Trish, go!

Thank you, @NerdyToothpick :) 

I had to have my 1st “real” outpatient PT session yesterday, and it was much tougher than I expected. I’m having panic attacks at the thought of my next appointment, which is next Monday. I’m going to do as much home PT as possible over the weekend in the hopes that it won’t be as bad when I go back. I’m not as strong as I thought I was...ugh. This is the first time I’ve felt like this after a surgery, and I’m quite frustrated. I’m going to give it 100%, of course...I just hope that will be enough to get me healed properly and “on my feet” the way I need to be!! 

Thanks for the big fat hugs!! They are truly appreciated!! ❤️

1 minute ago, Nana Trish said:

Thank you, @NerdyToothpick :) 

I had to have my 1st “real” outpatient PT session yesterday, and it was much tougher than I expected. I’m having panic attacks at the thought of my next appointment, which is next Monday. I’m going to do as much home PT as possible over the weekend in the hopes that it won’t be as bad when I go back. I’m not as strong as I thought I was...ugh. This is the first time I’ve felt like this after a surgery, and I’m quite frustrated. I’m going to give it 100%, of course...I just hope that will be enough to get me healed properly and “on my feet” the way I need to be!! 

Thanks for the big fat hugs!! They are truly appreciated!! ❤️

Several years ago, I shattered my knee and broke part of my leg. I know how grueling PT is but its worth it. Grit through the discomfort and know that you are doing this for a healthier you. Can you take an ativan/xanax before your next appt?

11 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Several years ago, I shattered my knee and broke part of my leg. I know how grueling PT is but its worth it. Grit through the discomfort and know that you are doing this for a healthier you. Can you take an ativan/xanax before your next appt?

Good Lord, @NerdyToothpick...how did you damage your knee/leg so badly??? I can’t even imagine the pain you must have been in. I’m pushing through it, it’s just a LOT harder than I thought it would be. Now is the time that I’m really able to see just how much muscle wasting I’ve had since my WLS, and that is not helping things. 

Im allowed to take my Xanax when I need it, but since I’m still on narcotic pain killers, I’m not sure how stable I’d be with both meds in my system at the same time. And they keep impressing on me the importance of taking my pain meds prior to PT. So I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what happens at my next appointment.  

I'm glad to hear that you were able to have your knee surgery @Nana Trish. I hope you get your pain under control soon so you can get the PT going. Let us know how things are going.

15 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Good Lord, @NerdyToothpick...how did you damage your knee/leg so badly??? I can’t even imagine the pain you must have been in. I’m pushing through it, it’s just a LOT harder than I thought it would be. Now is the time that I’m really able to see just how much muscle wasting I’ve had since my WLS, and that is not helping things. 

Im allowed to take my Xanax when I need it, but since I’m still on narcotic pain killers, I’m not sure how stable I’d be with both meds in my system at the same time. And they keep impressing on me the importance of taking my pain meds prior to PT. So I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what happens at my next appointment.  

Yikes @Nana Trish  I’m sorry to hear about your anxiety. You are right, pain killers and Xanax are not a good mix. I’m praying for your speedy recovery. 

I broke my knee/leg slipping on a piece of ice. Ice! It was the size of a dime and I managed to slip and fall. I felt so dumb. 

10 hours ago, Chefman77 said:

I'm glad to hear that you were able to have your knee surgery @Nana Trish. I hope you get your pain under control soon so you can get the PT going. Let us know how things are going.

Thanks so much, @Chefman77!! I’m doing my PT even though it HURTS!! It was a little easier yesterday, and this morning the swelling has gone down a LOT! So I hope that means it will be even a little easier today :) Im going in for surgery #2 on March 20th, so I’ve got to get my flabby butt in gear! 

1 hour ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Yikes @Nana Trish  I’m sorry to hear about your anxiety. You are right, pain killers and Xanax are not a good mix. I’m praying for your speedy recovery. 

I broke my knee/leg slipping on a piece of ice. Ice! It was the size of a dime and I managed to slip and fall. I felt so dumb. 

OUCH, girl!! That sounds awful!! But you shouldn’t feel dumb!! It was an accident my friend!! I trip over air if it gets in my way, and I’m being totally serious when I say that...

Thanks so much for your prayers ❤️