Nana Trish

On my way!!

Heading to the hospital to get prepped for surgery...Papa Trish will send updates through the day. Thanks so much for all the love and prayers!! Love you guys, wish me luck!! 

Sending hugs and healing vibes your way Trish.

Thank you so much, @cinwa ❤️

Wishing you a speedy recovery.  

3 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Heading to the hospital to get prepped for surgery...Papa Trish will send updates through the day. Thanks so much for all the love and prayers!! Love you guys, wish me luck!! 

Papa Trish here, I’ll keep everyone posted as things progress today. A few delays in surgery so still waiting in pre op. Trish is in great spirits and just Waiting for the surgeon and anesthesiologist to visit then off she goes. Send all your prayers her way! 

776D0CEF-85FF-42B3-80C0-5015B66EEE89.jpeg

Thank you for the update Papa Trish - she looks in good spirits .... sending good vibes.

Hi everyone, I just spoke to the Dr. and I am thrilled to report that Trish did wonderful and is in recovery! She is the proud owner of a brand new bionic knee! Thank you all for your positive thoughts! 

Edited by Nana Trish

God bless

Wonderful news Papa Trish - thank you for the update. 

Give her a gentle kiss from us all - she's a special lady (but I guess you already know that).

Logged in too late to sent best wishes before surgery. Hope the recovery goes as well.....six million dollar Nana!!!!

Hope all is going well!  You’re rocking that hospital gown!  Isn’t it great not to be in a plus sized gown?  :D

Edited by Cheesehead

Thank you, @Cheesehead...I’m no doubt rocking the hospital gown, bahahaha!! And yes, there are no words to describe wearing a small hospital gown!! 

Typing slow, still a little foggy, lol :) 

Yay, Trish! Congrats on the successful surgery! 

giphy.gif

1B34BBB2-F603-450B-ABCC-AA9C6F836833.jpeg

C5D825BD-1A84-4298-A276-92101AB9D703.jpeg

A02BD320-75AF-404A-ACF3-2673DD35637E.jpeg

You look fabulous!  Awesome!  Love the slippers ;) hope youre up and about real soon!  Thank Papa Trish for the updates!  Love the love of your family too, how supportive and sweet!

4 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

You look fabulous!  Awesome!  Love the slippers ;) hope youre up and about real soon!  Thank Papa Trish for the updates!  Love the love of your family too, how supportive and sweet!

Thank you, CJ!! ❤️ Those aren’t slippers, actually...they are compression shoes (?) They get air pumped into them every few minutes that makes them squeeze my feet to try and avoid blood clots. Am I a fashionista or what? :lol:

I took my first walk about an hour ago...this is so WEIRD!! Being able to completely straighten my leg...it’s just weird, lol! Good weird though :) I’m not going to know what to do with myself once they are both done and healed!

3 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

I took my first walk about an hour ago...this is so WEIRD!! Being able to completely straighten my leg...it’s just weird, lol! Good weird though :) I’m not going to know what to do with myself once they are both done and healed!

Ha! You'll be running after your grandson! Glad you are doing ok. 

It's wonderful to see you posting so soon after surgery Bionic Trish and with a smile on your face (I guess you have some really good pain meds p12007.gif ).

Hope you are doing well.  When will you be d/c?  Rest but work hard with physical therapy.  Very important to get the range of motion going right away.  You are going to want to hit your physical therapist but it has to be done.  I know you will do great.  Keep us updated.  

On 1/31/2019 at 7:57 AM, cinwa said:

It's wonderful to see you posting so soon after surgery Bionic Trish and with a smile on your face (I guess you have some really good pain meds�p12007.gif ).

I wish the pain meds were that good, lol...just mediocre. But I’m working hard on my PT and trying hard to get things moving along ❤️

6 hours ago, Kim M said:

Hope you are doing well. �When will you be d/c? �Rest but work hard with physical therapy. �Very important to get the range of motion going right away. �You are going to want to hit your physical therapist but it has to be done. �I know you will do great. �Keep us updated. �

I was discharged Thursday afternoon, @Kim M. I don’t start outpatient PT until Monday, but they gave me tons of it to do at home with hubby. And you’re right, I do want to hit him...lol...but I won’t ❤️ I have no clue how you had both of yours done at the same time...you must be some kind of superwoman!!

Plenty of updates to follow, once I can get a decent nights sleep :rolleyes:

It's good to have you home Trish.  Nap when you can.

2 hours ago, cinwa said:

It's good to have you home Trish.  Nap when you can.

Thank you, my friend!! ❤️❤️❤️ It's good to be home :) I'm feeling much clearer today. I ended up sending hubby out to purchase a cryo cuff for my knee yesterday, and it's helping a LOT! It forces cool water through a cuff that goes around my knee, and I can wear it 24/7, unlike regular ice packs. It takes most of the pain away when I'm sitting or lying down, so I was able to sleep last night. That's half the battle...if I can sleep, the recovery will go much more smoothly.

On 1/31/2019 at 7:43 AM, BurgundyBoy said:

Ha! You'll be running after your grandson! Glad you are doing ok. 

I WILL be running after him, @BurgundyBoy!! And I will be able to WALK around Boston this summer when we come for the meet up!! I can't wait :D