mpizzi

About 3 years after bypass

I am having some moral debates I was 280 I’m now down to 184, I have some loose skin on my belly and can’t see my abs l am considering a tummy tuck. I teach group fitness and changed my diet to a pescatarian vegetarian.

i hate posting body pics but I need opinions.

ps I also went from zero tattoos and piercings before surgery to about 50% covered in tats and 10 piercings lol.

5AD13F0D-14C6-4229-8F52-5BCE38C62068.jpeg

Edited by mpizzi

Okay, you asked for opinions. I'm not an expert, but here is mine. In my opinion, I don't think you need plastic surgery. I personally have wrinkled skin on my abdomen from all the extra skin, but am not considering surgery as I think I only want to take the risk of surgery if it's medically necessary for future health issues. A friend of mine, for instance, has a huge flap of skin hanging on her abdomen, so is trying to get surgery for that because it is creating rashes, etc. Everyone has a different thought on where the line should be to warrant surgery,  so it will be interesting to see what people post. 

You look great and fit, BTW!!! You definitely look like a fitness instructor!!! 

Excess skin removal is very much a personal choice.  I have a excess skin but given my age, I decided not to take matters further.  I'm just grateful to no longer have joint pain due to my excess weight.

3 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

Okay, you asked for opinions. I'm not an expert, but here is mine. In my opinion, I don't think you need plastic surgery. I personally have wrinkled skin on my abdomen from all the extra skin, but am not considering surgery as I think I only want to take the risk of surgery if it's medically necessary for future health issues. A friend of mine, for instance, has a huge flap of skin hanging on her abdomen, so is trying to get surgery for that because it is creating rashes, etc. Everyone has a different thought on where the line should be to warrant surgery,  so it will be interesting to see what people post. 

You look great and fit, BTW!!! You definitely look like a fitness instructor!!! 

Thank you for the information and compliment, I am leaning towards staying away from it. Someone did mention cool sculpting for The abdominals.

mike

38 minutes ago, mpizzi said:

Thank you for the information and compliment, I am leaning towards staying away from it. Someone did mention cool sculpting for The abdominals.

mike

You look great - I see no reason for surgery, especially given the costs and risks.

By the way, I had a friend who had cold sculpting to remove excess fat and the only fat that was removed was some fat in her wallet.....

We are here to support you.

I think you look great!  I’ve seen the scars and drainage tubes that go with plastics-no thanks.  I do have some wrinkles but they show how far I’ve come.  My shirts and burmuda shorts keep my issues covered..

good luck on whatever you chose!  

It's very much a personal choice, and some feel a stronger need for it than others, but I actually don't think you look like you need it, from my perspective. You look great. I hear the siren song of the abs, and I don't think I'll ever get there, but the pressure to look "perfect" is pretty strong in our society. This is true even for those of us who looked very far from perfect before, and much closer to it now. I think we tend to get a little hyper-focused on our flaws, maybe because we had so many before that each one only got a little attention, and now that we have many fewer, our brains can focus on those few with laser-like attention! Seriously, you look really good. 

<- why did a bunch of these pop into my message? I haven't seen this before.

Edited by Jen581791
Anyone have any idea why this message had a bunch of Âs in it??

@mpizzi

My weight change is similar to yours, about a hundred down (my profile max weight is actually lower than I think my peak was, around 300). My weird inner tube is similar to what you picture shows. 

Why don't you try weight lifting and buff up your shoulders and arms to define them some more? My guess is that will distract you (and anyone who might be admiring your physique) and the plastic will seem less attractive. ^_^