Nana Trish

Knee surgery #2 scheduled!

Knee surgery #1 is on January 30th, and #2 is scheduled for March 14th!! They scheduled the second one today when I went for my pre op clearance for the first one. I still can’t believe it...by spring, I could have 2 “normal” knees!!

Hooray, Trish! I really hope the surgeries go extremely well for you. What a lovely change "normal" knees will be :) Keep us posted next week on the first one. 

That is wonderful news Trish.  I'm glad that you don't have a long wait - I can't imagine what you've been going through.

Yeah!!!  The two surgeries will not be fun, but you should be so much more mobile by May or June.

You may want to take some photos of your knees now, so that you can compare how they look before and after the surgeries. 

You’ve got this!  You should be able to go for walks if it ever warms up; say about May!

Best wishes Trish!!!!

Yeah!!!!!  Nana will be Dancing with your Harper this summer!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! You so deserve good news! We'll be thinking of you on Jan 30! Keep of posted! 

Thank you so much everyone!! I (or Papa Trish) will post an update after surgery on Wednesday and let you guys know how it went! 

Yay! My DH's uncle got one done and liked it so much he immediately went back to get the other done :D Glad you're getting both! I think you'll see a world of difference in movement. If you can handle the recovery from WLS, this will be a (low sugar, low carb, gluten free) cake walk! 

Go for it.  I am so glad I did it.  I did mine both at the same time so my recovery was longer.  I would do it agin.  Will be thinking of you on Wednesday.  

@Nana Trish

Good vibes being sent your way. Good luck with the surgery on Wednesday! BB

Just today to get through Trish.  Just know that I'll be holding you in my thoughts and prayers.  

Can you instruct Mr Trish to post an update after your surgery - you have a lot of friends on T-T and we'll be eagerly waiting to hear how you're doing.

Hugs and prayers for you tomorrow sweetie!  You will be in our thoughts <3

So very sorry for the delayed response guys...thank you all so much for the well wishes! Yesterday and today were the last two days I had Mr. Harper before surgery, and once he got picked up today, I had to get EVERYTHING done that I feel is necessary prior to getting put on the disabled list, lol. Or rather the “disabled” disabled list...

All that’s left to do tonight is to take medicated soap shower #2 of 3...the last one being tomorrow morning. I have to be at the hospital at 11:30 tomorrow morning, so I’m unexpectedly not the first case of the day as my surgeon’s PA said I would be. Which turns out to be a good thing, because we are getting pummeled with another big snowstorm today and tonight (of course). 

Ive got a bit of anxiety going on, and yes I have been stress eating for the last couple of hours. I was doing well until about 4pm, then I decided that pizza was my dinner of choice tonight. Then I ate some cashews, then a yogurt, and now more cashews with a handful of butterscotch chips thrown in :blink: Haven’t had a night this bad in a while. I’m glad I have no choice but to stop eating at midnight...or else this might go on all night long, I’m afraid. I won’t be eating again (or drinking any water) again until tomorrow after I get back from recovery, so it’ll be a while. But tonight, apparently Fat Nana is here for a short visit. She will be gone tomorrow...I packed almonds and cashews to bring to the hospital in case they bring me carby meals and I need something protein filled to replace it. Sooo...

@cinwa, I have already given Papa Trish detailed instructions to post for me tomorrow and give you guys updates, so no worries my friend ❤️ Thank you for your prayers!! And thanks for being here! 

@TammyP...thanks so much, love!! I’ll take all the prayers you’ve got, always ❤️

@BurgundyBoy, thanks for all the good vibes and well wishes!! 

Thank you, @Kim M!! ❤️ Brave woman, having them done both at the same time! I don’t think I’m a strong enough person to have done that. Thank you for your thoughts ❤️❤️❤️

@delilas, my recovery from WLS was fairly easy, considering...so if that’s the yardstick by which I’m judging my knee replacements, I’m good to go!! :D Great news for me! Lol ❤️

Will have Papa Trish let you all know when I’ve gone into the OR, and when I’m out and alert. Then if I’m up to it tomorrow evening, I’ll try to hop on and post myself :) 

Off I go for my shower, then Uber hydrating until midnight...then bed!! Talk to you all on the flip side!! Love to you all ❤️

Edited by Nana Trish

1 hour ago, Nana Trish said:

Fat Nana is here for a short visit

:lol::lol::lol: I love that you have internalized that she can visit, but can't stay forever. That seems like a moral and psychological victory! Good for you. 

Best of luck on the big day. I'm sending good thoughts your way :wub:

1 hour ago, Jen581791 said:

:lol::lol::lol: I love that you have internalized that she can visit, but can't stay forever. That seems like a moral and psychological victory! Good for you. 

Best of luck on the big day. I'm sending good thoughts your way :wub:

Oh yes, Jen...she’s visiting, but can NOT stay forever!! I’m giving her a break today, and let her come out to eat a little (or a lot by our standards) comfort foods. Tonight only. Tomorrow it’ll be yucky hospital food, and my cherished salt and vinegar almonds and some cashews :) 

Thanks for the good thoughts! ❤️❤️❤️

I’ll be back on my feet in no time!!

Bionic @Nana Trish

Leaps over tall buildings, more powerful than a locomotive... Super Nana Trish! :rolleyes:

Heal quickly!

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Bionic @Nana Trish

Leaps over tall buildings, more powerful than a locomotive... Super Nana Trish! :rolleyes:

Heal quickly!

You and David and your bionic jokes, lol!! I’m on my way to the hospital right now...on my way to being bionic soon!! 

❤️❤️❤️

15 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

You and David and your bionic jokes, lol!! I’m on my way to the hospital right now...on my way to being bionic soon!! 

❤️❤️❤️

Be sure to let us all know how the surgery goes. I will be thinking of you today, and send you my best wishes and prayers. 

29 minutes ago, Res Ipsa said:

Be sure to let us all know how the surgery goes. I will be thinking of you today, and send you my best wishes and prayers. 

Thank you, @Res Ipsa ❤️

Your support always means so much!! We will definitely keep you posted :)