I am weighing in this morning at 174.4 .  I did much better over Christmas then Thanksgiving as far as carbs and weight gain.  I have not tracked my food since before Christmas Eve, but I do weigh in everyday.  I feel like I eat less when not tracking and I am guessing it is because I am not having to focus and think about food all day.?. Anyone else out there experiencing  anything like this?

In other news, I have been approved for a breast lift and reduction.  My surgery is set for Feb 20th !!!  I am hoping this helps out with my back pain.

I think I am ready to start building muscle as part of my New Years resolution, but I am not sure how to go about starting.  I would like to do this at home and any suggestions you guys might have would be greatly appreciated.  All in all I am pretty happy and content with my journey so far

I'm the opposite Tracy - if I don't plan my meals/snacks and weigh my foods, I still have a tendency to overeat.  

Congratulations on the breast lift and reduction.  I pretty much lost all of my boobage and am left with not much more than drooping skin.  But with a decent support bra, no one would be any the wiser.

I can't help on muscle building - the only weights I come in contact with revolve around me cutting, splitting and stacking wood.  I'm proud of my biceps and pectorals though!  :lol:

I don't track at all, and haven't since before surgery. Past diets I'd did and it became quite obsessive, so this time have very deliberately avoided it. I do occasionally think it my be interesting to know my calorie intake and macros, but I know that would just be opening a door to obsession again. I don't do any weights work either. I'm another that relies on firewood over winter and that's enough of the heavy work for me. Must say I'm pretty proud of my abilities with an axe,  although I admit it has been much harder since surgery than it was before.

Congratulations on getting approval to sort out the girls. Yesterday was mammogram day for me....it was very sad seeing my girls via an annoyingly placed reflective surface....but this time around pretty much painless now there's not much of them to squeeze flat, plus they each fit in one image rather than needing two at each angle.

@cinwa I never did track for more than 2 weeks before I had the surgery, this is the one thing I did religiously throughout this process. I am not saying I wont start tracking again but I think I am going to just see how this goes. I am 4# less this month than last month. The only thing I am watching now is trying to make sure I get my protein in. .It seems I am not thinking about food as much as I was when I tracked. So @Aussie BearI was pretty obsessive when I got into tracking on this journey. I would have anxiety on vacation when I didn't track, so letting go of tracking is big for me right now, but the scale don't lie !  Kuddos to both of you and the axe workouts !!  I will have to think about that, lol.

Congrats on your upcoming new boobs! :) That should be exciting.

As for tracking, I find that my intake swings between not enough and too much if I don't track - but maybe it comes out OK in the end? Maybe not, though, since I'm up 2-3 pounds since Thanksgiving ;) Back to MFP for me - it's at least a good way to make sure I'm being honest with myself about the quality of things I'm eating. I understand that the entire process of tracking can be counterproductive for some, and annoying for most, but it seems to work for me. Each and every one of us has different motivations and triggers and whatnot, I suppose. 

There are a lot of good bodyweight workouts meant to be doable at home out there on YouTube, etc - you might have a look through those. I go to the gym because it pushes me to work a bit harder, but if you're going the home route, using videos is probably a good way to start, anyway. Resistance bands can be helpful, too. 

@Jen581791Thanks for the tip about YouTube, I will have to check it out.   If my scale bounces up anything crazy my butt will be tracking for sure, but for now I am going to see how this goes. 

@tracyringo, I have pretty much stopped tracking since probably mid September. I didn’t consciously stop, I just got too busy one day, then the next I didn’t think about it too much, then before I realized it it had been a month. I still weigh and measure everything, but I think I am going to go back and start tracking again next week. My weight is right where I want it, but like @Jen581791, I need to make sure the quality of the foods I’m eating is what I need. And I know over the past month or so it hasn’t been. I’m not getting enough water in, and some days I will eat some veggies or carbs BEFORE my protein, and we all know what a no-no that is! So for me, before the scale starts to alert me of a problem, I’m going to nip it in the bud. That’s the only way I can do it, personally...is to track it. 

I will be following your progress with the new boobs!! Lol :) I’m like @cinwa, I have barely anything left since the weight loss. I’ve toyed with the idea of a lift, but I don’t want implants. I’m not even sure getting a lift with no implants is possible with mine, lol. Wishing you the best of luck with yours!!

Sounds like you’re doing great, @tracyringo!  Congrats on the surgery approval!  What cup size are you going from and to?  I would love to have mine done at some point.  I went from a DD to a D but still can’t get lower than that (well I can get anatomically lower and I sure have...hahaha!)  I would love to end up between a B and C and lifted and I am sure that would help my back also.  

I still record everything during the work day. Mostly bc my phone is right at my desk which is where i eat.  Once I am home, I put my phone on the counter and rarely touch it until I leave the next day, so I don’t record on MFP my dinners/snacks after 5 pm.  I did it the other day and i was able to see my cal intake for the day (which I never really know bc I never finish posting for my day and I was still at 1100 which was better than I thought i was doing so that was good.  Plus I just noticed that my MFP (free version) doesn’t have the macro breakdown other than fat/pro/carb, my apple health which is attached to my MFP does (which I hadn’t even noticed before)....so I can even see how many grams of fiber I am getting etc.  it just makes me more aware of what is going into my body.

i think I will keep tracking in the evenings for a few weeks and see if I can’t get my weight started on the downward track again (been maintaining within my 5 pound range I gave myself so I am pleased with that but would like to get down a little further.)

Tracking is an interesting subject, thanks for asking about it. I like reading what others are doing. I tracked on MFP very well the first 8 months, and it really felt good to regulate protein and calories each day.  I definitely think it was a huge factor in my weight loss success because it kept me on the straight and narrow. I especially liked using it to decide on what I would eat for dinner based on my calories and macros  through the afternoon.

I slacked off over the holidays and plan to restart this week as I need to figure out how many calories per day I'll need in maintenance. But it's a Catch 22. I too get  over obsessive when I track and it makes me think about food many times per day. But it also makes me relax because I know I am getting the quality of food, protein, calories, and macro mix that I want.

So which is better for the long haul? I'm still trying to figure that out. My NUT suggested doing it 3 days a week. I haven't tried that, but maybe that's a good compromise? 

9 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

Sounds like you’re doing great, @tracyringo!  Congrats on the surgery approval!  What cup size are you going from and to?  I would love to have mine done at some point.  I went from a DD to a D but still can’t get lower than that (well I can get anatomically lower and I sure have...hahaha!)  I would love to end up between a B and C and lifted and I am sure that would help my back also.  

I still record everything during the work day. Mostly bc my phone is right at my desk which is where i eat.  Once I am home, I put my phone on the counter and rarely touch it until I leave the next day, so I don’t record on MFP my dinners/snacks after 5 pm.  I did it the other day and i was able to see my cal intake for the day (which I never really know bc I never finish posting for my day and I was still at 1100 which was better than I thought i was doing so that was good.  Plus I just noticed that my MFP (free version) doesn’t have the macro breakdown other than fat/pro/carb, my apple health which is attached to my MFP does (which I hadn’t even noticed before)....so I can even see how many grams of fiber I am getting etc.  it just makes me more aware of what is going into my body.

i think I will keep tracking in the evenings for a few weeks and see if I can’t get my weight started on the downward track again (been maintaining within my 5 pound range I gave myself so I am pleased with that but would like to get down a little further.)

I was a DD now I am a D.  I am going to a C. All same as you !!

On 1/13/2019 at 6:43 PM, tracyringo said:

I was a DD now I am a D.  I am going to a C. All same as you !!

Ill be interested to see how you do...  how did you get insurance to cover it? 

16 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

Ill be interested to see how you do...  how did you get insurance to cover it? 

The Dr. took my measurements and pics and sent them in.  I have Medicare.