Nana Trish

Knee surgery

Recommended Posts

February 20th is the date for knee replacement #1 :) 

Please wish me luck, and I’ll take any prayers and well wishes you’ve got!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best wishes @Nana Trish. You know we all love you and are hoping for the best outcome possible. Glad they're not making you wait too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope you get some relief!  Just think, with a lighter you the recovery should be much easier:).  Maybe you will be up and running laps up and down the driveway by spring:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've got it Trish.  You're a special lady and we're all here to help you on this journey to a pain free future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it goes really well! This surgery can be a real life-changer for people - I hope it has that effect on you :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

Best wishes @Nana Trish. You know we all love you and are hoping for the best outcome possible. Glad they're not making you wait too long.

Thank you, @Aussie Bear :wub:

Yes, I do know you guys love me, and that means everything!! The nurse coordinator that schedules the surgeries told me that the surgeon used to do 3 per day, but they have been slammed with patients to the point that she is booking 4 per day. The first available date they had with only 3 still booked was February 20th. She did say, however, that if they have any cancellations, they will give me the spot so I can have it done sooner. She felt really bad that I had to wait, because I have that loose calcified whatever it is floating around in there (which is causing this current flare up, and doing damage), but I really don’t want the surgeon to be so booked that he is exhausted and then doing my knee at that point either. 

I will be in the hospital probably 2 nights. Most people it’s only one night these days, if everything goes well. But he said between that floater and the lack of mobility I’ve had for so long, he’s sure I’ll be in 2 nights. I still have to go for an MRI of the right hip, knee and ankle to check the alignment in my leg before he can operate. Other than that, I’ve already got my cardiac clearance, and I’ll just need one from my PCP, and pre op labs. 

So...I just need to get through the next 6 weeks, and I’ll be good :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

Hope you get some relief!  Just think, with a lighter you the recovery should be much easier:).  Maybe you will be up and running laps up and down the driveway by spring:)

Thanks, @Cheesehead! Me too!! ❤️

I wont be running laps by spring, but hopefully by fall. I have to piggyback the surgeries due to the fact that I can’t straighten either leg out, and surgeon says that once the right one is done and healed well enough (probably 3 months) he wants me to have the left one done right after. I won’t heal as well if I can straighten one but not the other. 

All I can say, though, is Mr. Harper had better watch out, lol! Once I’m all healed up, he won’t be able to run away from me anymore!! Lol :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cinwa said:

You've got it Trish.  You're a special lady and we're all here to help you on this journey to a pain free future.

Thank you, thank you, @cinwa!!! ❤️❤️❤️

You guys always help me whether you know it or not. I don’t know what I’d do without all of your support!! I owe you a couple of messages ❤️ I’ll be back here later today to check in!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

I hope it goes really well! This surgery can be a real life-changer for people - I hope it has that effect on you :) 

Thank you, @Jen581791!! I sure hope it has the same effect on me too :) To be honest, ANYTHING has to be better than how it is now, so it will be life changing either way! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m very happy to hear that you have a knee surgery date!  Hopefully by this fall you will have both knee surgeries done and will be a lot more mobile.

We are here to support you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wishing you a speedy recovery.  Do the physical therapy...it will hurt but do it anyway.  It will get better.  Had a bilateral done 2017 and I can now walk with no pain.  The most important thing to work on at first is your range of motion.  Your physical therapist will do this with you.  Good luck.  It has been a life changer for me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kim M said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery.  Do the physical therapy...it will hurt but do it anyway.  It will get better.  Had a bilateral done 2017 and I can now walk with no pain.  The most important thing to work on at first is your range of motion.  Your physical therapist will do this with you.  Good luck.  It has been a life changer for me.  

Thank you, @Kim M!!

I plan on working very hard post op on my physical therapy and being completely compliant. I don’t think I’ve ever wanted something this bad in my life, including my WLS. The pain I’ve been in the past 10 years or so has been horrible, but this extra pain, since December 16th, has been a living hell. I’ve got a large piece of debris that is loose, in my right knee, and it’s moving back and forth in there...and tearing muscle. My surgeon said it’s golf ball sized.

I can’t imagine it will hurt anywhere near this bad after the initial post op pain gets better. I’m having them both done as well, but not at the same time. I’m so glad to hear that yours turned out so well...that gives me hope!! The surgeon has already mentioned the range of motion work in PT and also said how extremely important it is. 

I got a phone call earlier today from the scheduling coordinator, and they have a surgery date available on January 30th, so I took it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

I’m very happy to hear that you have a knee surgery date!  Hopefully by this fall you will have both knee surgeries done and will be a lot more mobile.

We are here to support you. 

Thank you, as always @Res Ipsa, for your continued support!! They moved up the surgery date...I’m having it done on January 30th now :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to hear that they've bumped your surgery up Trish.  No one should ever have to deal with that pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck, Dearie! So glad you are on the schedule and will have a solution soon! We are all cheering for you!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cinwa said:

Good to hear that they've bumped your surgery up Trish.  No one should ever have to deal with that pain.

I'm so glad they did too, @cinwa...but to be honest, I felt lucky with the February 20th date. It usually takes a couple of months to get on the surgical schedule with anyone in a specialty field around here. The scheduling coordinator promised to put me on the cancellation list, and she was true to her word! They know I'm suffering, but I also know that other people are suffering too. I'd never want to "bump the line" so to speak, but I will happily take the cancellation date!! 3 weeks from today I will be having it done. So nervous, but excited at the same time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

Good luck, Dearie! So glad you are on the schedule and will have a solution soon! We are all cheering for you!! 

Thank you, Miss @Cindy Lou Who ❤️

Oh, and btw my dear...CONGRATS on your amazing progress!! I just checked out your stats...dayyyum, girl!! Way to go!

Edited by Nana Trish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 3:34 PM, Nana Trish said:

Thank you, Miss @Cindy Lou Who ❤️

Oh, and btw my dear...CONGRATS on your amazing progress!! I just checked out your stats...dayyyum, girl!! Way to go!

Thank you, Ma'am! So sweet of you to notice. To be honest, I've reached the "uhh, when am I going to quit losing?" stage. Very weird feeling. My DH thinks I should've stopped a few pounds ago, so I'm trying to stop. But I have to admit part of me is enjoying being lower than optimum. I mean, when has this ever happened before? NEVER!! :P

I'm so glad your surgery date got moved up! Only one more week! Hope your health regime is working at keeping the flu out of your house! :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now