Abbey Morrison

Seeking post Sleeve Buddy!

I am looking for a buddy after my sleeve on Monday 1/7. I am scared and nervous and need someone to talk me through the hard moments I’m sure to have :-)

We are all here for you @Abbey Morrison :) what you are feeling is totally normal, and its your body's way of making sure you are as prepared as much as possible before you start your journey. Ask any and all questions you would like - everyone is so fantastic and supportive here, you will feel right at home. Welcome to the family ;)

Welcome, @Abbey Morrison! I'm an RNY person, not sleeve, but much is fundamentally the same between the two, in terms of post-op lifestyle. I hope you find someone who's doing surgery around the same time as you, as that can be really helpful, but actually everyone here is very friendly and supportive. You'll find tons of sleevers here who are happy to answer questions, share information, or just commiserate over the post-op mental and physical weirdness (it gets better!). What a wild and amazing ride you're in for! :) 

Let us know when you're on the other side so we can welcome you to the losers bench.

Edited by Jen581791

Today is the big day. Good luck.

Thinking of you today Abbey - see you on the losers bench.

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words and support. I am just getting ready to head to the hospital in about 2 hours :-) 

Sorry I didn't get to respond before your surgery. I was traveling and just got back online. Hope it went well today! Let me say, "Welcome to the loser's bench!" It's a great place here, and we are all in this together and all here for you. Check in and let us know how you are when you can. I had the Vertical Sleeve last February and it was by far the best thing I have ever done for my health! You have done a very brave thing, and I hope your healing is as easy as possible. My thoughts are with you.