Abbey Morrison

Anxiously Waiting.....

My name is Abbey. My surgery is in 2 days on January 7th. I will be having a Sleeve done. I am currently 5’4” and my weight is 280lbs. I’ve been waiting to have this surgery for 5 months and now that it’s almost here I’m getting nervous. I’m scared about regrets, about looking back and saying why did I do this. I’m doing it for me, to be healthier. But I’m also doing it for my son. I have a 3 year old and I’m scared of not coming out of this surgery.....or of not having the surgery and dieing from some other co morbidity from my obesity. I was 300% sure until yesterday when I started to wonder if I was making the right decision.

Edited by Abbey Morrison
Forgot something

Welcome to Thinner Times Abbey.

The emotions you're dealing with are perfectly normal but for just about all of us, we've tried every diet known to man (in my case, 35+ years of yoyo dieting only to end up heavier each time).

Read all you can and ask questions. 

All with all forums, the more you put in, the more you'll get out.

@Abbey Morrison How did your surgery go? I hope you are feeling well. 

I can relate to thinking of your child when making the decision to move forward with WLS. I also have a three year old and my rationale for having surgery was to be fully involved in my daughter’s life. Kudos to you!

Please report back and let us know how you are doing.