Nana Trish

A couple of days ago

The pic of me alone was taken last night, and the one of me and Harper is the 2018 Nana/Harper pic (installment #3, lol). I’ll post the collage pic of installment #1 and 2 as well. A lot of changes! 

A049801B-C1CA-485B-BA03-3F246CC8FBD6.jpeg

ED009B71-8E1F-4B17-801D-CA0632E734A3.jpeg

F8C8B2E7-0132-444F-A798-415B23893336.jpeg

Edited by Nana Trish

My God Trish - you looks fantastic!!!  Look at those skinny little legs!  And your sweet Harper is so precious!  He is so cute!  Hoping you had a wonderful Christmas sweetie.  Pretty quiet here as my daughter's were at their Dad's up north.  I had lost a couple of pounds last week which was a good thing as I seemed to have put them on this week LOL.  Keep up the good work!  Love the pics <3

Thank you so much, @TammyP ❤️:wub:

My sweet little Harper IS cute, and in the throes of Twerrible Twodome, lol...but he will always be my #1 boy! 

We did have a wonderful Christmas, thank you so much! I hope yours was wonderful as well, even if your girls were with their dad ❤️

I lost 4 pounds early last week when I started taking prednisone for my knees, but I promise you I’m not ending this holiday season at the same weight I started it at (I say this as I sit here eating leftover quiche~with bisquick crust~for the second day in a row for breakfast)! 

Happy new year to you, my sweet friend!

You can't argue with photos Trish and I have to tell you - you are looking absolutely amazing.

20 minutes ago, cinwa said:

You can't argue with photos Trish and I have to tell you - you are looking absolutely amazing.

Thank you, @cinwa, my friend!! ❤️ 

You do look great, Trish, and Harper is adorable as always!  =D  I think I see a trend - I also lost a few pounds before the holiday!  Mine were a long time coming, after two months of basically no change.  I'm working hard to keep them from coming back! 

How are your knees doing, by the way?  Every 5-6 weeks I get an infusion that comes with a dose of prednisone, and the two or three days after are GREAT knee days for me.  :) 

Trish, you look amazing, and your Harper will be so glad he has a thin, healthy, active Nana to keep up with him. You've done yourself and him a huge service by taking your health into your own hands and getting control. A little quiche here and there isn't the beginning or the end of anything - it's the day in, day out long slog you have to worry about, and you've built some excellent habits to fall back on. Keep it up. You and he are both so worth it.

Looking good there WLS twinnie!!! I'd still really like to see you showing off your figure though, instead of  covering it up with leggings and a baggy top. Tight jeans, a belt and a tucked in top not looking very figure flattering, they'll stop you overeating by getting tighter as the day goes on!!!!

3 hours ago, Kio said:

You do look great, Trish, and Harper is adorable as always!  =D  I think I see a trend - I also lost a few pounds before the holiday!  Mine were a long time coming, after two months of basically no change.  I'm working hard to keep them from coming back! 

How are your knees doing, by the way?  Every 5-6 weeks I get an infusion that comes with a dose of prednisone, and the two or three days after are GREAT knee days for me.  :) 

Thank you, @Kio!! The weight loss just prior was fluid retention in my legs from my stupid knee that the prednisone luckily kicked out of my body in 2 days, lol...but I gained it overnight, so was glad to see it gone. 

I started PT a few weeks ago, and it was the biggest mistake I could have made for my knees. I injured what I consider my “good” knee at my last session, and I’ve been in unbearable pain since the 17th. Started prednisone 5 days ago (I think) and FINALLY, today, the pain is a little less. I was supposed to have MRI’s done of my knees before I started PT, but with everything happening with this tingling and numbness in my hands and face, they did the full workup of my spine and we never even got X-rays done of my knees. Well I got X-rays done on Thursday or Friday (I can’t remember which day) and along with the severe arthritis, I have no cartilage left and some free floating 4cm calcification in my right leg/knee that caused it to swell to twice the normal size. Now I can’t bend it when I walk, even though the swelling is going down finally...and after being completely out of my wheel chair and only using my walker for over 2 months, I’m back in the chair again. Sooo, please tell me what these infusions are that you get, are they for your knees or something else? They tell me I need knee replacement, but I’ll be lucky to find someone to do it at my age...

This pic was taken Sunday night

0EE97DCA-738C-43FF-A57C-F88A2538D562.jpeg

Edited by Nana Trish

3 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Trish, you look amazing, and your Harper will be so glad he has a thin, healthy, active Nana to keep up with him. You've done yourself and him a huge service by taking your health into your own hands and getting control. A little quiche here and there isn't the beginning or the end of anything - it's the day in, day out long slog you have to worry about, and you've built some excellent habits to fall back on. Keep it up. You and he are both so worth it.

Thank you, thank you, my friend!! I know in the grand scheme of things my Christmas Eve indulgences won’t hurt anything, and I’m not really even bothered by the fact that I ingested what I did. The only thing that upsets me is how easy ~mentally~ it was for me to do it. But I will always be a food addict, and I just have to be careful. We all know surgery doesn’t fix our brains, and we still have to put in the work and discipline. I just have to find what works for me when I decide to have a cheat day or whatever we call it, lol. But I thank you so much for the support, and I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your cookies too!! And I think you were right, your subconscious was sabatoging your cookie eating, for sure, by making you burn that last batch, lol!

1 hour ago, Aussie Bear said:

Looking good there WLS twinnie!!! I'd still really like to see you showing off your figure though, instead of  covering it up with leggings and a baggy top. Tight jeans, a belt and a tucked in top not looking very figure flattering, they'll stop you overeating by getting tighter as the day goes on!!!!

You’re too funny, @Aussie Bear...the top really isn’t that baggy, lol!! You’ll notice my boobs are properly supported though, right? Well what I have left of them? I found an AWESOME sports bra, at Walmart of all places. I bought it just to wear for my MRI’s (since we can’t wear metal clip bras in the machine) and I liked it so much it’s the only kind I wear now. I think it’s Haynes? And the leggings I found at Target...they are actually high waisted, fleece lined, and they are almost like a body shaper kind of legging. They hold everything in place, and they are snug, but comfy. I tried on about 15 different pairs of jeans the day I bought those leggings, and I...just...can’t...wear...jeans. I know we are all weird shaped to a degree after this much weight loss, but nothing works. I’ve tried traditional denim, stretch denim, jeggings, skinny jeans...nothing. As far as a belt, that I can’t wear. My hips are too uneven from the scoliosis and I haven’t been able to wear one ever since the birth of my first child. But ya have to give me some credit, at least my shirts aren’t knee length anymore, lmao :lol:

I’m a work in progress my friend, but I’m getting there!! I will find something form fitting to wear for a special picture that I’ll have hubby take, and I’ll post it just for you, my friend :) Love you, Twinnie! ❤️

1 hour ago, Nana Trish said:

Thank you, @Kio!! The weight loss just prior was fluid retention in my legs from my stupid knee that the prednisone luckily kicked out of my body in 2 days, lol...but I gained it overnight, so was glad to see it gone. 

I started PT a few weeks ago, and it was the biggest mistake I could have made for my knees. I injured what I consider my “good” knee at my last session, and I’ve been in unbearable pain since the 17th. Started prednisone 5 days ago (I think) and FINALLY, today, the pain is a little less. I was supposed to have MRI’s done of my knees before I started PT, but with everything happening with this tingling and numbness in my hands and face, they did the full workup of my spine and we never even got X-rays done of my knees. Well I got X-rays done on Thursday or Friday (I can’t remember which day) and along with the severe arthritis, I have no cartilage left and some free floating 4cm calcification in my right leg/knee that caused it to swell to twice the normal size. Now I can’t bend it when I walk, even though the swelling is going down finally...and after being completely out of my wheel chair and only using my walker for over 2 months, I’m back in the chair again. Sooo, please tell me what these infusions are that you get, are they for your knees or something else? They tell me I need knee replacement, but I’ll be lucky to find someone to do it at my age...

Oh, Trish, that sucks!  So sorry you're having so much knee trouble, it's the worst.  When I was at my heaviest, it was my knees that kept me from doing anything - I could barely walk around our kitchen island.  I had to hold onto counters and furniture to get around the house.  It's better now that I'm less a whole person, but I still get those twinges that serve as excellent reminders...

My infusions aren't knee related - I have an autoimmune condition called dermatomyositis.  If you look that up (I advise against it) it seems pretty scary, lots of stuff about muscle deterioration, etc.  But there's a rare variant of it that only affects the skin, and that's what I have.  Basically, I get itchy and red from exposure to sun - the kind of itch that drives people legit crazy - unless I'm properly medicated.  So I get 4 hours of immunoglobulin infusion two days in a row, every 5 weeks.  And I take plaquenil twice a day.  Doing that makes life just normal - I get red-faced, but that's equal parts rosacea.

If your profile age is still current, you can totally get a knee replacement!  You're not old, Trish.  You may be a grandma and you may be having some health problems, but you're not OLD.  Perish the thought! 

Edited by Kio

Lol @Kio...I meant because I was too young for it :lol: I guess currently the knee replacements last for 15-20 years, so at 20 years...if I live that long...I’ll need another one. That’s what I meant :) 

I just got a call from my PCP and he wants me to go to the walk in Ortho Clinic tomorrow morning. Things have been slow going over the holidays (of course this is when it had to happen) and he has called in the prednisone, but I haven’t been able to get in to see him yet. So Ortho tomorrow, then my PCP Friday afternoon. It NEVER ENDS. 

When I was at my heaviest, one of the reasons I was so anxious to get the weight off as fast as possible was my knees. I thought for sure that if i ever reached my goal, let alone the 140’s, they would feel so much better. They have improved, but no where near what I expected after this much loss...and my back is feeling way better than it should be, considering the shape THAT is in, compared to my knees. I still walk around holding on to chair rails, tables, walls, etc. around the house. I was completely stupid for starting PT without the MRI’s being done first...I was in too much of a rush, and I knew how bad they were. I just didn’t want to know that I knew, you know? If that makes any sense...

Oh I see with the infusions...there is prednisone with them and that helps your knees, yes? One good side effect while helping something else :) 

10 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Lol @Kio...I meant because I was too young for it :lol: I guess currently the knee replacements last for 15-20 years, so at 20 years...if I live that long...I’ll need another one. That’s what I meant :) 

I just got a call from my PCP and he wants me to go to the walk in Ortho Clinic tomorrow morning. Things have been slow going over the holidays (of course this is when it had to happen) and he has called in the prednisone, but I haven’t been able to get in to see him yet. So Ortho tomorrow, then my PCP Friday afternoon. It NEVER ENDS. 

When I was at my heaviest, one of the reasons I was so anxious to get the weight off as fast as possible was my knees. I thought for sure that if i ever reached my goal, let alone the 140’s, they would feel so much better. They have improved, but no where near what I expected after this much loss...and my back is feeling way better than it should be, considering the shape THAT is in, compared to my knees. I still walk around holding on to chair rails, tables, walls, etc. around the house. I was completely stupid for starting PT without the MRI’s being done first...I was in too much of a rush, and I knew how bad they were. I just didn’t want to know that I knew, you know? If that makes any sense...

Oh I see with the infusions...there is prednisone with them and that helps your knees, yes? One good side effect while helping something else :) 

LOL - Well, thank goodness!  Because if you were old, that would mean I'M old, and I'm not ready!!! Nowhere near it!!!  :D:D:D

Honestly, I thought maybe you were having a MOMENT.  When I had to have back surgery back in 2006 (when I was 30-something), afterwards the pain was so bad for so long, I really did start to feel old - like I had lived all I was going to, and it was just going to be pain and infirmity from then on.  I was ready to give you a VERY STERN TALKING TO, in case you didn't notice!  :D  It was going to be all about how pain is temporary and it's something you go through, not something you are, and all the stuff I needed a therapist to tell me back then!

I can also understand the endlessness of the doctor visit treadmill... when I was getting diagnosed with my autoimmune thing and thereafter, I felt like going to the doctor was my second job.  But there is an "other side" and the grass is greener over there... you just have to wade through a LOT of white coats to get to it!

*HUG*  One thing I CAN tell you is that my brother's knees were in the same shape as yours.  He was older than you are, and in far worse shape than you are now, and knee replacement was never on the table.  But they did an intermediate thing - an injection of some kind of collagen-like substance into the knee joint, where the cartilage had worn away. It took the place of the cartilage, for a while. I wish I could remember what it was called.  He said it hurt worse than anything he'd ever gone through while it was getting injected... but that he had 6 months completely pain free after that.  And I'm fairly sure he could have kept getting those injections for the rest of his life, but diabetes got him before we could find out.  Maybe injections like that could help you too?  At least it would be worth talking to your doctor about. 

(and yes, the prednisone I get is just to help my veins get ready for the infusion... in case I were to have a reaction.  It does have some nice temporary side effect though!)

1 hour ago, Kio said:

LOL - Well, thank goodness!  Because if you were old, that would mean I'M old, and I'm not ready!!! Nowhere near it!!!  :D:D:D

Honestly, I thought maybe you were having a MOMENT.  When I had to have back surgery back in 2006 (when I was 30-something), afterwards the pain was so bad for so long, I really did start to feel old - like I had lived all I was going to, and it was just going to be pain and infirmity from then on.  I was ready to give you a VERY STERN TALKING TO, in case you didn't notice!  :D  It was going to be all about how pain is temporary and it's something you go through, not something you are, and all the stuff I needed a therapist to tell me back then!

I can also understand the endlessness of the doctor visit treadmill... when I was getting diagnosed with my autoimmune thing and thereafter, I felt like going to the doctor was my second job.  But there is an "other side" and the grass is greener over there... you just have to wade through a LOT of white coats to get to it!

*HUG*  One thing I CAN tell you is that my brother's knees were in the same shape as yours.  He was older than you are, and in far worse shape than you are now, and knee replacement was never on the table.  But they did an intermediate thing - an injection of some kind of collagen-like substance into the knee joint, where the cartilage had worn away. It took the place of the cartilage, for a while. I wish I could remember what it was called.  He said it hurt worse than anything he'd ever gone through while it was getting injected... but that he had 6 months completely pain free after that.  And I'm fairly sure he could have kept getting those injections for the rest of his life, but diabetes got him before we could find out.  Maybe injections like that could help you too?  At least it would be worth talking to your doctor about. 

(and yes, the prednisone I get is just to help my veins get ready for the infusion... in case I were to have a reaction.  It does have some nice temporary side effect though!)

In the grand scheme of my bone and joint disorders this is a “moment”...it’s a flare up of a severe arthritic knee with some loose crap flowing around in there. But I’ve had back surgery (in 2002) as well, and I know exactly what you are talking about with the pain following surgery. It seemed like it would never end. Actually, AFTER my back surgery, I still required cortisone injections, one epidural pain injection, and an eventual nerve block at the surgical site a year later before my pain even became tolerable. 

I’ve had the arthritis in both knees for about 20 years now, and doing retail work for many years certainly didn’t help. My back is a total train wreck, having lumbar stenosis, scoliosis, one herniated disc and two bulging, severe arthritis of the spine, sciatica, blah blah blah...it’s not really about my age or flare ups at this point. I was completely dependent on a wheel chair for over 2 years, and I’ve finally been able to get away with just the walker for the past couple of months, and now this. I went through this whole ordeal with my WLS, my cancer, still suffering with Hashimoto’s disease even though I no longer have a thyroid (which is a total rip, by the way), and I’ve waded through more white coats than anyone should really have to. I’m just tired of the pain. Tired of the everyday pain that I’ve learned to live with and even deal with, but especially tired of the really severe stuff that keeps me from being able to function, and makes me feel like I still weigh 336 pounds when I’m standing. Please don’t take this to sound like I’m feeling sorry for myself...I’m not. I’m just one very tired nana that wants to get on with her life but just can’t seem to. It’s just been a really long 11 days (and counting) flare up, so I hope they can offer some help. I have heard a little about those injections you’re talking about, and I plan on asking the doc about that first thing. 

Was a knee replacement off the table for your brother because of his diabetes? I’m glad to hear that he got relief from the injections, but I am sincerely sorry for your loss my friend. It hurts my heart to hear that you lost your brother. I’m sending you hugs right back, and I thank you so much for caring so much about me and my “old lady” problems. 

Prayers and love to you, @Kio ❤️

Loving the holiday pictures!  I wish I could wear leggings but alas it’s jeans for me.  You rock the leggings!  I love loose non form fitting tops, they hid lumps and bumps!,  

2 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

Loving the holiday pictures!  I wish I could wear leggings but alas it’s jeans for me.  You rock the leggings!  I love loose non form fitting tops, they hid lumps and bumps!,  

Hello, @Cheesehead, my friend!! Thank you so much ❤️ I love my leggings, and the ones in the pic are the greatest things ever. They come up to the bottom of my ribs, and they work just like shapewear, and hold everything firm. Plus they are comfy! What’s not to like! I really did try tons of jeans, but we are not all created equal...true before as well as after weight loss, and starting out at just under 350 pounds, I have a lot more excess everything than a lot of us here on the forum. So jeans just don’t fit me well, and I’d never be able to get comfortable in them. The tops though, I agree with you. They hide lumps and bumps, which I have a lot of...but I don’t think my newer tops are really all that big. Just not form fitting like you said. You can’t do leggings? That surprises me :) You look like you could wear just about anything! It’s so nice to hear from you, I hope you’re doing well!!

11 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Was a knee replacement off the table for your brother because of his diabetes? I’m glad to hear that he got relief from the injections, but I am sincerely sorry for your loss my friend. It hurts my heart to hear that you lost your brother. I’m sending you hugs right back, and I thank you so much for caring so much about me and my “old lady” problems. 

Prayers and love to you, @Kio ❤️

Because of untreated diabetes, yes. 

He also had sleep apnea, and he wasn't compliant with his CPAP - which led to him having a stroke that left him barely able to speak, emotionally volatile, and unable to really understand why diabetes was a problem.  He continued to eat and drink whatever he wanted, and couldn't be trusted to take his medications (and became really angry when anyone tried to manage them for him).  He also wouldn't wear shoes or check his feet, and eventually developed sores that led to him having part of one foot amputated.  And finally, his kidneys began to fail and he was on dialysis when he passed away at 59.  Knee replacement was never on the table for him because he was, by the time it was needed, in no condition to have surgery. 

I really hope your docs are able to sort out something for your knees - it must be just miserable for you.  :(  I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best all the time, and I'm so glad you keep coming back here for friendship and support.  We have your back (and your knees, and everything else!!!)

This is a long one...sorry in advance.

Untreated diabetes :( I understand now.

I’m a type 2 diabetic, that was on 2 different insulin’s as well as an oral medication to try and control my blood sugars prior to surgery. I was very compliant...with the medication part...but I still continued to eat and drink what I wanted, and I knew if I didn’t do something drastic, I was going to have a very bad outcome (if I lived through it). My fasting sugars in the morning landed somewhere in the mid 300’s. After meals, usually the high 400’s, sometimes over 500. If I hadn’t had this surgery and gotten that under control, I wouldn’t have survived the diabetes. I also had sleep apnea, and truly tried to be compliant with my cpap, but am severely claustrophobic and I was unable to wear either the face mask or the nasal mask. I knew that both of those conditions, along with my weight, could (and would) have put me in the same situation your brother was in, and I did not want that. I was in a living hell for so many years, I hate to even think about it now. I never allowed myself to say -this is miserable for me- because, although I was stuck in this never ending cycle of illness and total despair, I still was not doing everything I could to help myself out of it. 

Now, though, my frustration is really seeping through. Go for the first seminar with my surgeon in November 2015 for my WLS surgery, and start my pre op diet on Christmas Day, 2015. Lose 48 pounds in 2 months with COMPLETE compliance. Go for pre op blood work, after completeing ALL of the other prereq’s for my WLS, find out a week before surgery I need parathyroid surgery before I can have my bypass because my calcium levels are too high. Have parathyroid surgery 9 days after I was supposed to have WLS. Find out 5 days later I have thyroid cancer and it’s spread to lymph nodes. Another surgery 3 weeks later, and RAI treatment 4 months later. Gained all of my weight back during that time. Finally got up the courage and body strength to go back to WLS surgeon in March 2017. Started pre op diet again on March 16th, lost 20 pounds by April 16, scheduled surgery for May 17. All went as planned. Lost a total of 34 pounds by surgery day this time around (2 months). June 2017, landed in the hospital with a major AFib episode. August 2017, 4 day hospital stay for diverticulitis. Then diagnosed with a kidney mass, have a massive kidney infection and stone, and an adrenal gland mass, cystoscopies...all within the first few months of this year. And we can’t forget the lovely abscessed tooth...All this time, I’m sticking to my plan, losing lots of weight, I’m off all diabetes meds and have a normal A1C, no more cholesterol or BP meds...but still in the chair. Fighting like hell to walk. Good changes happening off and on with my back, as the bone shifted with weight loss, but ultimately I have had a LOT of improvement with my back. But not the knees. I thought for sure they would feel better much faster than my back. Nope. Now I start dealing with some kind of neuropathy...so over the summer they do nerve conduction tests to see if I caused any damage with my uncontrolled diabetes. Thank God no, but carpal tunnel in both arms. No nerve damage in my legs that is not caused by stenosis. Still no explanation for the tingling in my hands that is not caused by carpal tunnel or the tingling/numbness in my face and mouth. Full eval of my spine and neck (MRI’s and X-rays, flex test, etc.) shows what a train wreck my spine is, and also shows spots on my cervical spine that indicate MS. Sent to neurology, get a full workup (excluding a lumbar puncture)...MS is ruled out. We don’t know what is causing your symptoms, go back to your PCP. 

It was at this point, I was done. I KNEW I still needed MRI’s, X-rays, etc. of my knees, but I started PT anyway. Because I’m sick of it! The whole plan in the beginning was to get my knees evaluated first, and my PCP wanted the full back workup too because of my history and said PT wouldn’t touch me without spine doc’s ok. I should have been a little more patient, I guess, but at this point I HAVE been miserable, and I allow myself a little pity party now and then BECAUSE I’ve been doing everything I possibly can this time. I never stay in pity land long. I know things can always be worse, and I know that so many people suffer so much more than I do, all day every day, and that I’m lucky to have the newer healthy parts of my life that I have now...because of doing all the right things. But, at some point, I’d REALLY love to see that other side. To go for even 3 months without having to see a doctor, and only have minimal pain in my body would be such a blessing. To be able to stay out of my chair completely, even if I needed the walker for the rest of my life, I could live with that. I’ve never worked so hard at something in my life, and I want more independence and I want this pain gone! I know life isn’t easy for any of us, and it’s not supposed to be as a general rule. But I do know people that get those nice breaks in between, and to be honest...right now, that’s all I’m looking for. Today, in this moment, I just want a little relief. So I’m praying as hard as I can that God places me in the hands of the right doctor this afternoon...one that can offer some relief, and give me a long term solution for my knees. 

Sooo, I guess THIS was my pity party for today. It’s over now ❤️ I’m going to go take a shower, put on my big girl panties, and get to the doctor. I truly want to thank you for caring like you do, @Kio, especially after hearing the horror your brother went through. I know you guys have my back, you always have! Just like I’ll always have yours, anytime I can help or be here, I will be!! Your friendship and support means the world to me ❤️

THANK YOU!!!:wub:

(and thanks for indulging my pity party)

Oh Trish, I'm not really sure what to say to try and help you through your completely understandable funk. Everytime I need to go to a doctor these days whether it is for a condition that pre-dated my surgery or has come up since then, I'm just so bloody grateful that I no longer have to listen to the "lose weight and your body will heal itself line". Now days there's almost a jump to attention from doctors, with an accompanying desire to try to help. For me that turnaround in attitude I'd almost enough reward for my compliance.

I hope your day, then your week and a new year bring more answers and more help and hope that your ongoing issues can be dealt with and give you a more positive outlook.

Hopefully you will get answers and a direction for treatment!  

I, also had uncontrolled diabetes.  I took 3 different oral meds (6 pills a day), refused insulin and pretty much was a mess.  My ankles are still messed up and I wear foot/ankle braces.  I’m on my feet 7.5 hours a day.  I’ve been told no high impact exercises.  But I still get out and go sledding with the grandkids until my boney tailbone can’t take it.  For some reason on Christmas Eve the side of my right knee started hurting, it got much worse before night.  I couldn’t even walk on it.  I finally gave in and took 3 ibprofin before bed.  Woke up and it was much better by Christmas night I could stand on the leg with all my weight.  Not sure what the heck that was but I don’t have knee problems..  

wishing you a healthy new year Trish!  

Double damn knee replacement. Seeing the surgeon on January 7th to schedule the right knee. They are both destroyed. More later guys ❤️

Aww Trish :(  I'm sorry hunny.  My MIL just had knee replacement a month ago, and it has done wonders for her.  She is still recooperating but her pain is sooo minimal compared to the pre-op pain.  Hang in there sweetie - Praying for you as always. <3

8 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

Oh Trish, I'm not really sure what to say to try and help you through your completely understandable funk. Everytime I need to go to a doctor these days whether it is for a condition that pre-dated my surgery or has come up since then, I'm just so bloody grateful that I no longer have to listen to the "lose weight and your body will heal itself line". Now days there's almost a jump to attention from doctors, with an accompanying desire to try to help. For me that turnaround in attitude I'd almost enough reward for my compliance.

I hope your day, then your week and a new year bring more answers and more help and hope that your ongoing issues can be dealt with and give you a more positive outlook.

@Aussie Bear, you have no idea what your support means to me. You have been through your fair share of unfair health issues, and I know you “get it”! The weirdest thing that happened today...when the doc came into the exam room and looked at my X-rays...he said, “I don’t know how your knees are so bad at your age...you’re not overweight...” Once I explained that I’ve lost almost 200 pounds, he got it. But it was Sooo weird hearing a doc say...but you’re not overweight...like how? I said omg you have no idea. I’ve lost close to 200 pounds...he was like wow, that makes much more sense! 

I think things will be better once I get this (these) surgeries, and hopefully things will turn around, finally!

Thank you for your love and care, my dear twinnie...I love you! ❤️

2 hours ago, TammyP said:

Aww Trish :(  I'm sorry hunny.  My MIL just had knee replacement a month ago, and it has done wonders for her.  She is still recooperating but her pain is sooo minimal compared to the pre-op pain.  Hang in there sweetie - Praying for you as always. <3

I’ve been told that this surgery is life changing, and I pray they are right, Miss @TammyP

Thsnk you so very much for your prayers, my dear friend!!

Edited by Nana Trish