Aussie Bear

Merry Christmas 2018

So I'm wide awake at 4am on Christmas morning here in the land of Oz. I had one Christmas Eve drink and I'm paying for it now....hahaha....or should that be Ho, Ho, Ho!!! My long day has to start in about two hours anyway when I drive to the absolutely beautiful Barossa Valley for an early breakfast ( @BurgundyBoy you'd love that area), then on to the equally stunning Mc Laren Vale region for lunch (another region I think BurgundyBoy would appreciate), and finally back to the Adelaide Hills for a quiet dinner with my brother and his wife. The following day its back home to a heatwave with every day next week forecast to be well in excess of 100 degrees.

Thought I'd take this opportunity to wish all my internet friends a very happy Christmas... maybe not too "merry" if my last night is anything to go by. Stay safe over the holidays friends and hope you get to enjoy this holiday season with those you love. One year in the future I intend to experience a Christmas in the snow, where jackets and boots are the apparel of the season rather than shorts and singlets!!!!

Edited by Aussie Bear

And a very Merry Christmas and blessings to you and all our members -  near and far Aussie Bear!   t7219.gif

Merry Christmas, Aussie Bear!  And everyone else too!  :)  I'm still in "save" mode today, avoiding calories and carbs, keeping it low key - knowing I'll likely "spend" some of my savings tomorrow.  But oddly not feeling at all deprived this year, just happy to be alive and well and so much healthier than I was this time last year (which was already two months past my surgery!)

I hope everyone is having a lovely time today and tomorrow, and that everyone stays safe and warm!

Merry Christmas everyone!  

5 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

One year in the future I intend to experience a Christmas in the snow, where jackets and boots are the apparel of the season rather than shorts and singlets!!!!

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else at TTF from the northern Vermont town of Craftsbury, where the snow is gently falling and no one is wearing shorts outside. It is lovely. 

Merry Christmas to you, too @Aussie Bear, and to everyone else here. 

The weather here is pretty excellent right now (unless you like snow and cold, I guess) at around 25C/78F with blue, sunny skies. But it's not very Christmassy! I get to give the final exam for the semester this morning instead of sitting around the Christmas tree (actually don't have one as artificial trees aren't my thing). Fortunately the students don't feel like it's a big imposition to take a test on Christmas... ;) but the teachers who celebrate are are feeling a little put out by it. 

Snow falling on Craftsbury sounds awfully Christmassy :) 

45 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Snow falling on Craftsbury sounds awfully Christmassy :) 

It is....

winter-2018.jpg

8 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Merry Christmas to you, too @Aussie Bear, and to everyone else here. 

The weather here is pretty excellent right now (unless you like snow and cold, I guess) at around 25C/78F with blue, sunny skies. But it's not very Christmassy!

My nephew is currently serving on HMAS Ballarat. He says they'll be in Oman tomorrow. When he said that over Skype today I immediately though of you. So somewhere along the coast of Oman tomorrow they'll be lots of Aussie Navy sailors.

1 hour ago, Aussie Bear said:

My nephew is currently serving on HMAS Ballarat. He says they'll be in Oman tomorrow. When he said that over Skype today I immediately though of you. So somewhere along the coast of Oman tomorrow they'll be lots of Aussie Navy sailors.

I'll keep my eye out for them ;) 

Merry Christmas, @Aussie Bear!! I hope you had (are having? I’m clueless what our time difference is, lol) a wonderful Christmas! Your plans sound delightful, except for the heat of course. Sending love your way for a beautiful holiday!

I truly hope you get to spend your Christmas in a snowy place next year. You would think living in upstate New York (right in the adirondacks) I would be guaranteed a white Christmas but it was not in the cards for us this year. It was snowing on Christmas Eve morning when we woke up, but by afternoon it was already gone. We still had a blessed holiday, and Christmas Eve is also hubby and my wedding anniversary, and we had a lovely party with family and friends to celebrate :) 

Blessings to you for a safe and happy 2019!

22 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

It is....

winter-2018.jpg

SO jealous of this, @Res Ipsa!! Just beautiful! Merry Christmas ❤️

15 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

I'll keep my eye out for them ;) 

Heard from him a few of hours ago....they're docking in Muscat this afternoon. Evidently they had a very busy few hours yesterday after someone decided to try to sink a US air carrier. What a way to spend Christmas day!!! at least they're all safe so far, which was a huge relief to the family.

On 12/24/2018 at 12:56 PM, Aussie Bear said:

So I'm wide awake at 4am on Christmas morning here in the land of Oz. I had one Christmas Eve drink and I'm paying for it now....hahaha....or should that be Ho, Ho, Ho!!! My long day has to start in about two hours anyway when I drive to the absolutely beautiful Barossa Valley for an early breakfast ( @BurgundyBoy you'd love that area), then on to the equally stunning Mc Laren Vale region for lunch (another region I think BurgundyBoy would appreciate), and finally back to the Adelaide Hills for a quiet dinner with my brother and his wife. The following day its back home to a heatwave with every day next week forecast to be well in excess of 100 degrees.

Thought I'd take this opportunity to wish all my internet friends a very happy Christmas... maybe not too "merry" if my last night is anything to go by. Stay safe over the holidays friends and hope you get to enjoy this holiday season with those you love. One year in the future I intend to experience a Christmas in the snow, where jackets and boots are the apparel of the season rather than shorts and singlets!!!!

Ah, Aussie, I would! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All, and Best for the New Year!