Sign in to follow this  
CheeringCJ

Cindy Lou.....how are things in Whoville?

@Cindy Lou Who, just checking in on you...how are you handling the holidays so far?  Coping well?

On 11/30/2018 at 8:48 PM, CheeringCJ said:

@Cindy Lou Who, just checking in on you...how are you handling the holidays so far?  Coping well?

@CheeringCJ, thanks so much for the check in. I really appreciate it so much! 

To be honest, I've had my ups and downs.

Downs first:

It's freaky that you wrote to me on Friday night, because I was having a rather rough go that night. Foodwise, Friday nights are a danger zone that I need to learn to get over. In my Pre-WLS life, Friday nights were usually a much anticipated wind down from work with lots of food and wine. Even if we didn't go out, I would overeat and drink more than I should. A "treat" after the hard week. 

This past Friday, I had a long, hard work day, my husband got called out of town for work at the last minute, and I resorted to my old habits! I had 2 1/2 glasses of wine and ate past hunger. I WAS SO ANGRY AT MYSELF!!!! It wasn't that I ate bad foods or ate a large amount compared to the old days, but it was exactly the old habit that got me here in the first place! I hadn't done that in 9 months! So Saturday and Sunday, I self-degraded myself all weekend. It scared me that old habits are just lingering there, waiting to pounce. 

Ups next: 

I got myself together and ate correctly over the weekend. As part of my holiday goals, it was very important to me to let myself gain a bit at Thanksgiving ( ended up being 1.2 pounds) and then immediately lose that again so I can go into Christmas "at fighting weight." When I weighed at Weight Watchers this morning, I had not only lost the Thanksgiving weight, but lost another pound, so now I'm the lightest I've been post-op. So, I'm SUPER relieved about that. My thinking is each time I prove to myself that I can stay within a weight range, I will feel stronger and stronger. So overall, Friday night was scary, and I don't want to repeat it, but I don't think my huge anger at myself was helpful. 

As far as holiday stress, one thing that is helping is seeing pictures from last year and being so grateful where I am now!! For the first time in FOREVER I'm actually enjoying dressing up for parties and get togethers because I look decent in my small-sized clothes! No dread while getting ready to go out! Such an odd feeling! I love it! 

All in all, if I can keep the crazies away, I'm feeling pretty good!  :lol:

Good for you!    I hear you about old habits just waiting in the wings about to pounce when we are weak...been there and it scares me.  The best part about it is you’re come back!  You jumped right back on the wagon and did great at your weigh in...AWESOME!  Christmas is coming regardless and you are in a good place for it this year!  Whoville is not such a scary place after all!