Thallen84

Weight Gain

Hi Everyone! 

In three weeks I’ll celebrate my two year mark since gastric bypass. I’ve been extremely blessed. At my largest I was 360# and I got all the way down to 189 at my lowest. I was unhappy that low as I truly started looking “sick”. I shed 100 pounds in the first 8 months. It was amazing. I’ve gained 15 pounds and am now comfortable at 205# but I really am stressing that I will not be able to stop gaining now and maintain around 200-205 long term. 

I’ve been blessed in the fact that I have never experienced dumping and do not get sick on any foods. That said, it adds to my concern about gaining weight. 

Just verbalizing my concerns and open to all suggestions on continued success with manintenance. 

Thanks! 

0F9506BC-6254-4FF5-83EF-D4C0F1F1B654.jpeg

You have done an amazing job Thallen!

For me, maintaining my loss proved far more difficult than losing it in the first place because like you, it's rare that I have any adverse effects to foods.  Having said that, I have to watch my carbs because I developed hypoglycemia post-op.

For me, I planned/weighed/measured my food to get down to my goal weight and I've had to continue doing that to maintain it.  Left to my own devices, I'd cheerfully snack my way throughout the day.

Having said that, I'm not as obsessed with as I was during my active losing phase but I have to be diligent about what I eat between meals.  And for me, that means my snacks are only ever a piece of fruit or raw vegetables, yogurt or my favourite ... salmon jerky (2 oz = 130 cals., 21g protein).  

@Thallen84 I have anxiety about weight gain also.  I know for me to be successful for life that I have to weigh daily or at least every other day and track my food. All the other times I lost and gained is because I wasn't paying attention and when I did see myself gaining I ignored it !!  I have been having lots of head hunger lately and I just want to eat. I am sure its because I ate too many carbs over Thanksgiving week. So I put myself on the 5 day reset to get over the carb thing. Its working and I realize this will never be easy but I can do this this time. Coming here everyday really helps for the support I need. 

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:15 PM, Thallen84 said:

Just verbalizing my concerns and open to all suggestions on continued success with maintenance. 

If you have not already read them, my ideas on this topic are in this posting:

We are here to support you.

Thank you all. I’m so grateful for the kind words of support. My anxiety is way up but I know I can do this. I’ve had amazing results and I plan to maintain it. Thanks!