Sign in to follow this  
Cindy Lou Who

Holiday Stress Relievers - You Got Any?

I thought it might be fun, and very helpful to share some holiday stress relievers as we all overcome our old "go-to" mechanism of stuffing food. @msmarymac gave me the idea. I'm embarrassed to say that I suffer from the week before Thanksgiving through New Year's, I'll need lots of ideas! :) 

Here's what I'm using this morning. I got both yesterday for $10 total. Currently drinking tea in the little smiley snowmen house shoes, and I'm smiling too! 

file-6.jpeg

I don't have a picture or (fortunately for y'all) a video but I love to put on my favorite Christmas music, turn up the volume and sing really loudly :)

I am one of "those people" that loves Christmas music, and I have some favorite albums that I know every note, every nuance, every word clear down to my soul.  It's very calming and hopefully the UPS truck doesn't come during one of my "performances" lol.

Also, my husband gave me a keyboard for our first anniversary and I've been refreshing my piano skills so I can pound on the keys which is also stress-relieving.  Most of the week I am home alone and the dog hasn't started howling yet so all is well ;)

7 hours ago, msmarymac said:

I don't have a picture or (fortunately for y'all) a video but I love to put on my favorite Christmas music, turn up the volume and sing really loudly :)

I am one of "those people" that loves Christmas music, and I have some favorite albums that I know every note, every nuance, every word clear down to my soul.  It's very calming and hopefully the UPS truck doesn't come during one of my "performances" lol.

I am one of THOSE PEOPLE too! ;)

I love driving by myself so I can belt it out! :D  My husband just downloaded our Christmas music onto my new van’s hard drive! 

10 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

I thought it might be fun, and very helpful to share some holiday stress relievers as we all overcome our old "go-to" mechanism of stuffing food. @msmarymac gave me the idea. I'm embarrassed to say that I suffer from the week before Thanksgiving through New Year's, I'll need lots of ideas! :) 

Here's what I'm using this morning. I got both yesterday for $10 total. Currently drinking tea in the little smiley snowmen house shoes, and I'm smiling too! 

file-6.jpeg

Can. I stop by for some tea with you?????

I love Christmas music, too.  My radio at work has 2 settings; loud and louder, lol.  I love wrapping presents too.  I bought a rotisserie chicken tonight, made white enchiladas for the kids.  I had pulled chicken on a street corn tortilla (33 Cals for the tortilla).  Cooking is my stress relief, lol!  Baking weekend in 2 weeks and not a cookie left in my house, it gets sent home with the 6 girls..lefsa next weekend- over 100 pieces (20# of potatoes) and it gets sent home with the girls the next weekend (couple of packages for hubby to keep in his work freezer).  We also make about 80# of Carmel’s, people are already hinting about those (I think I used to eat about 20# of those!)  I can still do the things I enjoy but I don’t have to keep temptation around..

dropped 2.5 pounds thanksgiving weekend, trying to get it back..I get busy and forget to eat..

12 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

Can. I stop by for some tea with you?????

I wish! How fun would that be!! We could be TT sisters on parade!! 

Another stress reliever:

I just looked at pictures from last Christmas at over 100 pounds heavier than I am today...... SO GRATEFUL this year will be different. Bring it on, man, I can take anything while wearing a smaller size! :D

Bet you will have some nice Christmas outfits in smaller sizes!  

Two more stress relievers: 

1) I got inspired by the music (and loud singing :lol:) posts. My DH and I spent an afternoon making a holiday play list on Spotify. Now we play it every night to the chagrin of our kids! 

2)  We've made biscotti for friends and family every years for the past 20+ years. A few years ago we added two other cookie-types too. So what to do this year that is healthier than eating and overeating them?  Getting rid of them is not an option as we keep big bins of them throughout the season for the family. So, I'm trying out this new scheme. I put 5 cookies of each  type  (so 15 in all) into a baggie. They are mine. I even put my name on the baggie and have given instructions to my family that pilfering into this bag will mean certain death. :P I can have them over the holidays whenever I want. Now 15 cookies may sound like a whole lot, but believe me, this is a MUCH smaller number than I ate last year. (Think 2 or 3 a day for 20 days, and you get the picture). I'm hoping I end up with some left over at the end of the year, but if I don't, at least I know that I was in control. Hoping this helps! 

Edited by Cindy Lou Who