Cindy Lou Who

THE Dress - VICTORY!!!

Today is a huge day for me. A personal victory! Twenty something years ago, I did phen-fen medication and got down to a ridiculously small size. It was great while it lasted! Anyway, I kept one dress (I called it my Victory Dress) that I wore twice before having to stop the medicine and gained all the weight back.

I.... can ....wear.... it ....today!!

It is probably too young for me now, and I may never wear it in public, but I don't care! It fits! :D YAHOO!!!!!! I'm over the moon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

file-3.jpeg

Congratulations Cindy!  That's a NSV for sure.

What about adding few extra inches of black or coordinating fabric to the bottom of the dress?  Or maybe wear it with black leggings or opaque tights.

4 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

Today is a huge day for me. A personal victory! Twenty something years ago, I did phen-fen medication and got down to a ridiculously small size. It was great while it lasted! Anyway, I kept one dress (I called it my Victory Dress) that I wore twice before having to stop the medicine and gained all the weight back.

I.... can ....wear.... it ....today!!

It is probably too young for me now, and I may never wear it in public, but I don't care! It fits! :D YAHOO!!!!!! I'm over the moon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

file-3.jpeg

A) no such thing as "too young" for you. You rock that dress! Wear it! 

B ) Your arms are AMAZING. I mean, AMAZING!!!

You rock that dress.  And look at that glowing smile!

Edited by Cheesehead

AWESOME!!!!!  Good thing you got it dry-cleaned and had it all ready for wearing it! Yeah to your VICTORY!!!!

Woo hoo! You look great! Too young for you? I don't think so - I'd second @cinwa's idea of wearing opaque tights or leggings with it. French women wear miniskirts their whole dang lives and get away with it because they're thin - as are you, so of course you can pull it off. Go for it!

You look great in that dress - a real skinny minny! :)

On 11/21/2018 at 8:27 AM, cinwa said:

Congratulations Cindy!  That's a NSV for sure.

What about adding few extra inches of black or coordinating fabric to the bottom of the dress?  Or maybe wear it with black leggings or opaque tights.

Thanks and good idea! I've ordered some gray tights. Even if I chicken out wearing them with the dress, I can use them for other outfits. :)

On 11/21/2018 at 5:01 PM, CheeringCJ said:

AWESOME!!!!!  Good thing you got it dry-cleaned and had it all ready for wearing it! Yeah to your VICTORY!!!

Thanks! It feels like a big victory for sure! :) 

On 11/22/2018 at 4:40 AM, Jen581791 said:

Woo hoo! You look great! Too young for you? I don't think so - I'd second @cinwa's idea of wearing opaque tights or leggings with it. French women wear miniskirts their whole dang lives and get away with it because they're thin - as are you, so of course you can pull it off. Go for it!

Merci, for the great idea and kind words! :P

On 11/21/2018 at 12:27 PM, Cardamom77 said:

A) no such thing as "too young" for you. You rock that dress! Wear it! 

B ) Your arms are AMAZING. I mean, AMAZING!!!

Oh, thank you. I never thought of myself as having good arms, so I appreciate that! 

On 11/22/2018 at 10:34 AM, Res Ipsa said:

You look great in that dress - a real skinny minny! :)

Haha, "skinny minny"! Not exactly, but I'll take it! :lol:

GIRL. Those gams :wub: you're rocking it! That's in no way too young for you. Grab someone and go out in that dress this weekend :D 

Congratulations!  You look great and that dress is beautiful on you!!  I definitely agree - get a pair of tights and rock it this holiday season!

Update to  

@cinwa, @Cardamom77, @Cheesehead, @CheeringCJ, @Res Ipsa, @Jen581791, @delilas, @xmandy and all others who didn't say I was nuts!

Armed with your encouragement and great advice about tights, I wore my Victory Dress to a Christmas party this weekend. (It was my book club women so I felt in a safe, positive environment.) Everyone was so nice and complimented my outfit! Lots of nice comments about my weight loss too.

Thanks so much!!!

red dress update.jpeg

WOW Cindy!  That's a stunning outfit and perfect for this time of the year.

What a beautiful Christmassy outfit! You look amazing (and of course so proud of yourself, as you should be!). Print that one out and hang it on the bathroom mirror for when you get one of those "Do I look fat?" days - it's great evidence of your newly svelte silhouette, and very hard to argue with, even for our crazy post-WLS brains. Truly beautiful.

Wowsa, Cindy, you look so young, vibrant and skinny!!!!  You are rocking your goal dress!  Awesome.job! Thanks for sharing!

6 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

Update to  

@cinwa, @Cardamom77, @Cheesehead, @CheeringCJ, @Res Ipsa, @Jen581791, @delilas, @xmandy and all others who didn't say I was nuts!

Armed with your encouragement and great advice about tights, I wore my Victory Dress to a Christmas party this weekend. (It was my book club women so I felt in a safe, positive environment.) Everyone was so nice and complimented my outfit! Lots of nice comments about my weight loss too.

Thanks so much!!!

red dress update.jpeg

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! That dress looks smashing on you!! And I was reading the earlier posts...no way is it too young for you!! It truly looks amazing! And I’ve got to say, your arms look insane! In a good way!! You look like you lift weights and I’d kill to have your arms! Goal weight sure looks good on you, Cindy ❤️

Gorgeous!!  I love it and you look amazing!!