Weigh and measure your food.  If you think your hungry but shouldn’t be, take a drink, wait 30 minutes.  If you still are hungry eat a little something.  Oftentimes you’re really thirsty and not hungry.  

I'm with Cheesehead about drinking if you think you feel hungry and it's not food time.  And try warm drinks - they can be soothing (I like herbal teas like Celestial Seasonings). 

Another thought!  Acid issues can often be mistaken for hunger.  Are you taking a PPI (proton-pump inhibitor) like Prilosec or Nexium etc?    

Either way, it's worth putting a call into your surgeon's office and ask their advice.

In the meantime, this thread is worth a read and there are plenty of other threads about it:  Acid or hunger

What I thought might be hunger after my sleeve was actually acid.  Drink water, take a tums or something similar before you go for food.  When I had enough to eat in the beginning my nose would run.  (Really strange huh? ).  Like the others have already stated make sure you are measuring and even then you may not be able to eat it all.