Hello All,

Since my surgery on October 31, 2018 I have lost a total of 34lbs.  Don't get me wrong as I am happy with the weight loss I just feel weak.  The only thing I want to do is to sleep and stay in bed, I seriously hope that this ends soon as I get further along.  Has anyone had any issues like this?

Thanks

If I remember correctly, I think I was tired and sluggish the first 6 weeks.  Hang it their it gets better !

I was pretty exhausted for a long while after my surgery (a solid 2 months or so). It does get better, but even now, I will get wiped out and need a midday nap if I work out really hard or slack on my vitamins for a while. Just let your body heal, try to hit your protein goal and take your vitamins. 

Edited by athenarose

Keep taking good care of yourself and give yourself permission to take it easy. Naps are good. I remember being pretty exhausted for about 6 weeks and the energy coming back slowly after that. But then suddenly you're feeling great, so eventually it goes away. You're doing great - 34 pounds in a few short weeks is incredible! 

Hello,

Thank you all for the encouragement, it has been a  difficult couple of weeks.   I am thankful that this will end eventually. 

Thanks. 

Hang in there hythe - I don't think it's unusual for WLS people to feel a little drained for the first few weeks and from my experience, it seems to occur with RNY and revision folk.