CheeringCJ

Cardamom,

I just wanted to check in with you and see how you’re holding up with the anniversary of your sister’s accident.  Has it been a hard week?  How are you coping emotionally?  I know she was your best friend and the loss was so sudden yet you went on and bettered yourself when you had the perfect excuse to quit, and i always admired that.  Still, we all know that being skinny is awesome but not a cure-all, even skinny people mourn and get sad, so. I wanted to see how you were doing and let you know you’ve been on my heart lately.  {{HUGS}}

Edited by CheeringCJ

Hey - thanks for asking, @CheeringCJ. I started to post a reply to this the other day and ended up not really knowing what to say. I'm still not sure what to say. We have had a difficult time the last few weeks. The holidays will be rough. My nephews' dad is being horrible. It's just difficult. I don't know that there's a lot more to say about it. 

I also feel bad that it seems like I'm always getting support on here and not giving much support to others. In my day to day life, I work with people who are experiencing homelessness, my mother leans on me very heavily, and I'm the main caregiver for my family. I provide a lot of support for others kind of all of the time - and it's very draining. So I don't have a lot left when I'm hopping on the laptop for a break. You know? I know it's not much of an excuse, but I feel like I should offer some explanation. I probably come off as more of a taker than a giver, but that's not who I am, really. I'm just kind of tired. 

2 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

Hey - thanks for asking, @CheeringCJ. I started to post a reply to this the other day and ended up not really knowing what to say. I'm still not sure what to say. We have had a difficult time the last few weeks. The holidays will be rough. My nephews' dad is being horrible. It's just difficult. I don't know that there's a lot more to say about it. 

I also feel bad that it seems like I'm always getting support on here and not giving much support to others. In my day to day life, I work with people who are experiencing homelessness, my mother leans on me very heavily, and I'm the main caregiver for my family. I provide a lot of support for others kind of all of the time - and it's very draining. So I don't have a lot left when I'm hopping on the laptop for a break. You know? I know it's not much of an excuse, but I feel like I should offer some explanation. I probably come off as more of a taker than a giver, but that's not who I am, really. I'm just kind of tired. 

No words really, but I just wanted to send you some love. Take what you need without any guilt. We’re here to support you. 

3 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

I love having you here me I never think of you as a taker. I think you gives lots!!  Your job does sound draining, so come here for all the support (and added laughs) you need!  

I am sorry about your BIL and how he’s being.  I know you can’t talk about it here, but (((HUGS)))!!!

Personally I think you’re one incredibly strong (and beautiful) woman!!!  And you’re loved by your TTF friends!

5 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

Big virtual hug, Cardamom. Milestones and holidays are hard after someone you love has died. It gets easier with time, but doesn't go away. I hope your family is in a place where you can talk about good memories of your sister now when things feel rough instead of just feeling sad - that's a step that take time, though. 

Take all the support you need here. That's why we're a support group! We're here to support you :wub:

17 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

Hugs to you @Cardamom77. And please let go of the "taker" guilt, my goodness! I find you quite supportive on the site. Also, this site is its most helpful when people are honest and open. You are both of those, my dear, and a great inspiration to us all!

I'm so sorry about your rough holidays. Let us help you get through them. :wub: That's what a support group is all about. :wub:

@Cardamom77

<<< Empathy to you and your family >>>

Fear not, you give by your example. ;)

3 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

you give by your example

Exactly. We all provide what we can provide. We all take what we need. Somehow, in the end, it all comes out OK here at TTF. I love this community. Love you guys!