Brattykid

2 Week Liquid Pre-Op diet starts today!

I'm in it to win it now and can't wait to join the loser's bench 2 weeks from today!!!  I just have to survive these 2 weeks of liquids, 1 week post-op clear liquids, 2 weeks full liquid, and then 2 weeks puree.  Solid foods will start around January 3rd. I can do this!! B)

In my experience, by day 3 I felt a lot better.  Make sure to get all the rest you need too.  You CAN do this!  I can tell you really want this, and we are all cheering you on to the loser's bench!!! :D

Hey, look on the bright side: you are down 32 pounds!  More by the time surgery rolls around!  That’s less weight to lose after surgery!  

9 hours ago, Brattykid said:

I'm in it to win it now and can't wait to join the loser's bench 2 weeks from today!!!  I just have to survive these 2 weeks of liquids, 1 week post-op clear liquids, 2 weeks full liquid, and then 2 weeks puree.  Solid foods will start around January 3rd. I can do this!! B)

You ABSOLUTELY can!!! I had the 2 wks liquid prior so by the time the 2 wks liquid after came about, it didn’t matter, I really didn’t care. I have noticed it makes it way easier for the post op period if your body is already used to the liquid diet, that way you aren’t hungry. 

I have to say the first 3 days were a little rough BUT i was feeling like you, in it to win it outlook and i was so glad to be where I can finally get it done that i was diving in going ho!  AND I was losing every single day which really helps!!!!  AFter day 3 the headaches and cravings stopped and by day 4 i was fine with it.  I went over 4 wks with only liquids and was perfectlly content. Wonder how long i could have lasted!  :)

anyway, i must commend you on having it done during the holidays, a lot of ppl put it off until after the holidays but good for you!  I did it in November too and didn’t regret not waiting, it was the BEST thing I did for myself/my health/my family/my life!

21 hours ago, Brattykid said:

I'm in it to win it .....

That'd make a good tattoo!  :lol:

Doing great so far!  Not even HANGRY!!!  I ate a big lunch today....er drank one.  LOL  I was surprisingly full from a protein shake, a cup of broth, 1/2 cup of sugar free pudding, 1/2 cup of cream of mushroom soup (minus the mushrooms).  Had a sugar free popsicle as a nice freebie this afternoon. I do have concerns of getting enough calories though...surgeon's suggested menu is what I'm doing and my book says 1000 calories or less a day.  I'm averaging 600-700.  Trying to get more often puts me up higher in carbs & sodium, but maybe I need to stop focusing on that and just follow the diet and screw my "goals" in myfitnesspal.  lol  

Thanks all so much for all the support!  I love knowing that I can get that here.  :):) 

How are you doing w/ the liquid diet?  Hanging in there?

On 11/17/2018 at 2:25 AM, Brattykid said:

screw my "goals" in myfitnesspal

You can always get into the settings and mess with them until they more accurately reflect your surgeon's goals. I forgot to do that when I upped my calories when I hit maintenance, and spent a few weeks eating like double the calories in my MFP target. I was rewarded with "You're 800 calories over today" until I changed it! :) 

Don't sweat the sodium and other stuff right now - you're shrinking your liver so the surgery is safer. The real losses will happen after. And they WILL happen! It sounds like you're doing really well so far.

I wouldn't bother with MyFitnessPal while you're on a pre-op liquid diet.  

On 11/15/2018 at 11:32 AM, Brattykid said:

Yes, you can! (Like the others, would not sweat the dieting app ... hard to argue with success).

Great job with the pre-op weight loss. This also predicts successful weight loss after surgery. 

On 11/17/2018 at 10:46 AM, CheeringCJ said:

How are you doing w/ the liquid diet?  Hanging in there?

Days 3 & 5 were the WORST. But I think I've got it now.  I'm already down 7lbs as of this morning so that's awesome.  :) 

On 11/17/2018 at 8:11 PM, Jen581791 said:

You can always get into the settings and mess with them until they more accurately reflect your surgeon's goals. I forgot to do that when I upped my calories when I hit maintenance, and spent a few weeks eating like double the calories in my MFP target. I was rewarded with "You're 800 calories over today" until I changed it! :) 

Don't sweat the sodium and other stuff right now - you're shrinking your liver so the surgery is safer. The real losses will happen after. And they WILL happen! It sounds like you're doing really well so far.

Very true!!  Thank you!!  :) 

On 11/18/2018 at 7:16 AM, cinwa said:

I wouldn't bother with MyFitnessPal while you're on a pre-op liquid diet.  

I was able to change a lot of my settings.  Trying to stay in the habit of tracking for long after the liquids phases.  :wub:

4 hours ago, Brattykid said:

Trying to stay in the habit of tracking for long after the liquids phases. 

Great plan! Habits are excellent things. They keep you doing what you're supposed to be doing, on autopilot.

12 hours ago, Brattykid said:

Days 3 & 5 were the WORST. But I think I've got it now.  I'm already down 7lbs as of this morning so that's awesome.  :) 

That is awesome!  The rapid weight loss helped keep my focus! :)