Nana Trish

18 month surgiversary on 11-17-18

13 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

Sounds like idyllic Christmas weather to me cinwa. Roaring wood fire,  roasted ham and Turkey with hot pudding, snow outside. What can I say, here we swelter in century plus degree heat. I envy you. I'd love to experience a white Christmas just once in my lifetime. What can I say.... "The grass is always greener on the other side....."

A white Christmas would be wonderful but usually, we have to settle for snow-capped hills and a brutal wind coming down the valley from Mt.Rainier.  But we will have a roaring fire (that's how we heat the house) and I saved some of the bigger limbs that were trimmed from our big cedar trees along the drive earlier this year - I cut and stacked them on the front deck - they dried out nicely this summer.  They smell amazing.   

It'll just be the two of us and as I still can't get meat down and DH isn't too keen on turkey, he'll be having his favourite center cut tenderloin         https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/center-cut-tenderloin-roast-recipe-1916748  That'll keep him happy for 2-3 days.  I'll probably have fresh salmon.

phpAmWzQRAM.jpg

Very neat wood heap there @cinwa. Mine is always a blight on the look of my backyard....although I've seen a lot worse than mine.

43 minutes ago, Aussie Bear said:

Very neat wood heap there @cinwa. Mine is always a blight on the look of my backyard....although I've seen a lot worse than mine.

It's the neatest of my stacks but it's also the smallest.  I wouldn't normally put wood on the deck but the smell of that cedar as it was drying was gorgeous.  And now I've got a little tuft-ear taking dried leaves and the like into it so I think I'll leave it alone ...  I'd rather enjoy watching him/her and there's a bird feeder directly above that wood so I guess the little chap figured it would be a good spot for the winter.

On 12/3/2018 at 4:40 PM, Aussie Bear said:

Sounds like idyllic Christmas weather to me cinwa. Roaring wood fire,  roasted ham and Turkey with hot pudding, snow outside. What can I say, here we swelter in century plus degree heat. I envy you. I'd love to experience a white Christmas just once in my lifetime. What can I say.... "The grass is always greener on the other side....."

@Aussie Bear I envy you being toasty warm!  A shrimp on the Barbie, maybe beach time:). We have snow on the ground at least 4 months of the year.  IT Sucks to drive in!  Supposed to go sub zero this week.  -19c.  Went sledding with the grandkids this weekend; when my boney butt hit the unevenly ploughed frozen garden, I was done-tailbone still hurts.  

Want to trade for about 5 months?  Daughter is moving out this weekend...I have room..grass is greener:). If we could find it under the snow..

1 hour ago, Cheesehead said:

@Aussie Bear I envy you being toasty warm!  A shrimp on the Barbie, maybe beach time:). We have snow on the ground at least 4 months of the year.  IT Sucks to drive in!  Supposed to go sub zero this week.  -19c.  Went sledding with the grandkids this weekend; when my boney butt hit the unevenly ploughed frozen garden, I was done-tailbone still hurts.  

Want to trade for about 5 months?  Daughter is moving out this weekend...I have room..grass is greener:). If we could find it under the snow..

You'd be welcome here anytime Cheesehead. I have a spare room all year around. Not too sure the diving in my neck of the woods would be all that exciting though. Sure there are great dive spots on our vast coastline, just not the part of the coast I'm on.

On 12/3/2018 at 8:08 AM, cinwa said:

It's good to see you posting Trish.  I'm well but cold but the PNW isn't noted for it's warm weather at this time of the year and there's snow on the hills surrounding us - thank you for asking.  

Cold here too...we had snow for Thanksgiving and there is still some on the ground. But not much. Just the leaves that no one got raked up in time this fall because of the constant rain we had in October, ugh, lol. I managed to get my front yard done in between raindrops, but not the back. So that should be fun this spring! 

On 12/4/2018 at 7:26 AM, cinwa said:

A white Christmas would be wonderful but usually, we have to settle for snow-capped hills and a brutal wind coming down the valley from Mt.Rainier.  But we will have a roaring fire (that's how we heat the house) and I saved some of the bigger limbs that were trimmed from our big cedar trees along the drive earlier this year - I cut and stacked them on the front deck - they dried out nicely this summer.  They smell amazing.   

It'll just be the two of us and as I still can't get meat down and DH isn't too keen on turkey, he'll be having his favourite center cut tenderloin         https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/center-cut-tenderloin-roast-recipe-1916748  That'll keep him happy for 2-3 days.  I'll probably have fresh salmon.

phpAmWzQRAM.jpg

Very I’mpressive, @cinwa!