Nana Trish

18 month surgiversary on 11-17-18

It’ll be 18 months post op on the 17th, and I truly still can’t believe that much time has passed since surgery. It’s all a huge blur. I reached my original goal weight on February 20, 2018. My final goal weight on my birthday (April 6, 2018) and I’ve been averaging 18 pounds less than goal for a couple of months now. I’ve actually been advised to stop losing weight for the moment, because due to my specific circumstances and severe muscle wasting I need to work on building muscle and can’t afford to lose any more right now. I really just wanted to thank you all for all of the advice, support, and love you have all given me these past (almost) 3 years since joining TT. Especially @Res Ipsa, @cinwa, and @Cheesehead from the veterans POV, and @NerdyToothpick, @CheeringCJ, @Jen581791, @tracyringo, @Cindy Lou Who and @TammyP...who have always been my cheering section here at TT!! If I’d forgotten anyone, PLEASE don’t be offended...im a currently unmedicated bipolar patient, and memory is not my strong suit at the moment. I love you guys and will be back soon, hopefully! 

Omg...and of course I can’t forget @BurgundyBoy!!!!! Thank you all so much!!

oh, and my @Carina!!! Love and hugs, sweet pea!!

Edited by Nana Trish

Congrats on hitting 18 months @Nana Trish. I realised the other day I had just hit 18 months as well. Seems like it wasn't that long ago both of us were facing delays waiting for our surgeries. I look back at that time and I am actually grateful for it.... But also very happy that  surgery is now a distance memory...... and maintaining hasn't been as hard as we all dreaded it would be.

Happy 18 month surgiversary Trish!

I know that you've had some difficulties this past few months and we've missed you terribly.  Just know that you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Congratulations on your 18 months, Trish! You've had your ups and downs along the way, but here you are, a little teeny 141 pound lady, much much healthier than when you started. Take some time on the 17th to spoil yourself a bit somehow - mark the day, do a happy dance, give your family a big squeeze, and take a picture to make it official. You're a star!

Congrats on your 18 month post op and success !!   My head still spins when we talk about how long ago these journeys all started, seems like yesterday.

Congrats on 1.5 years and many more!!!

You’re a super-trooper and awesome to have around (medicated or not!!!  Haha!)

Love ya, Trish!

You've done sooo well.  Love and hugs to you always sweetie @Nana Trish <3 <3 <3

Missing you!  Congrats on a job well done!  Hope to see you back soon!  

Congrats on your 18 month date, @Nana Trish! You are a superhero! Be kind to yourself during this time and know you are in my thoughts! :wub:

Congratulations on your success!  And it was wonderful to meet you and your husband at our Boston get together a few months ago. 

Keep on truckin', @Nana Trish! <3

Checking in to see how you're doing Trish.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:41 AM, cinwa said:

Checking in to see how you're doing Trish.

❤️Thank you, @cinwa❤️

I’m hanging in there...so much going on I can’t keep up, hence my absence here :( But I’m maintaining the heck out of my weight loss, so yay for that anyway!! How have you been, my friend? I hope all is well and that you had a great thanksgiving ❤️

On 11/13/2018 at 4:54 AM, Aussie Bear said:

Congrats on hitting 18 months @Nana Trish. I realised the other day I had just hit 18 months as well. Seems like it wasn't that long ago both of us were facing delays waiting for our surgeries. I look back at that time and I am actually grateful for it.... But also very happy that  surgery is now a distance memory...... and maintaining hasn't been as hard as we all dreaded it would be.

Happy 18 month (belated) to you too, @Aussie Bear! You’re very right, maintaining hasn’t been as hard as expected for me either. Except maybe getting in enough calories to stop losing, lol. 

On 11/13/2018 at 7:56 AM, cinwa said:

Happy 18 month surgiversary Trish!

I know that you've had some difficulties this past few months and we've missed you terribly.  Just know that you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank you so much, @cinwa ❤️

Your support has always meant so much to me...if you only knew. Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers! I’m still doing great in maintenance, and trying to get everything else in order. I hope you have fun plans for the holidays and that you and your hubby are doing well ❤️

On 11/13/2018 at 4:07 PM, TammyP said:

You've done sooo well.  Love and hugs to you always sweetie @Nana Trish <3 <3 <3

Thank you, @TammyP!! Love and hugs back to you too!! ❤️

On 11/13/2018 at 10:23 AM, Jen581791 said:

Congratulations on your 18 months, Trish! You've had your ups and downs along the way, but here you are, a little teeny 141 pound lady, much much healthier than when you started. Take some time on the 17th to spoil yourself a bit somehow - mark the day, do a happy dance, give your family a big squeeze, and take a picture to make it official. You're a star!

Thanks so much, @Jen581791 ❤️ I hope you’re doing well and enjoying the holiday season!! 

On 11/13/2018 at 12:18 PM, tracyringo said:

Congrats on your 18 month post op and success !!   My head still spins when we talk about how long ago these journeys all started, seems like yesterday.

Thanks, @tracyringo!!

I know what you mean, it really does seem like just yesterday when we started our journeys. But boy am I glad to have the beginning all on the past now! Lol :) 

On 11/13/2018 at 6:24 PM, Cheesehead said:

Missing you!  Congrats on a job well done!  Hope to see you back soon!  

Missing you too, @Cheesehead!! Thank you! I hope you and the fam are doing well ❤️

On 11/15/2018 at 7:12 AM, Cindy Lou Who said:

Congrats on your 18 month date, @Nana Trish! You are a superhero! Be kind to yourself during this time and know you are in my thoughts! :wub:

Thank you so much, @Cindy Lou Who!! A little birdie told me you are absolutely CRUSHING this...congratulations on all of your hard work! Way to go!!

On 11/16/2018 at 2:38 AM, Res Ipsa said:

Congratulations on your success!  And it was wonderful to meet you and your husband at our Boston get together a few months ago. 

Thank you @Res Ipsa!! I’m looking forward to my next visit to Boston next summer for the latest TTF Boston get together! 

On 11/21/2018 at 5:43 AM, Carina said:

Keep on truckin', @Nana Trish! <3

Thank you, @Carina!! ❤️ xoxo

On 11/13/2018 at 3:36 PM, CheeringCJ said:

Congrats on 1.5 years and many more!!!

You’re a super-trooper and awesome to have around (medicated or not!!!  Haha!)

Love ya, Trish!

Thank you so much, @CheeringCJ!!! I hope everything is well with you and your family and you are enjoying your holiday season!

17 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

❤️Thank you, @cinwa❤️

I’m hanging in there...so much going on I can’t keep up, hence my absence here :( But I’m maintaining the heck out of my weight loss, so yay for that anyway!! How have you been, my friend? I hope all is well and that you had a great thanksgiving ❤️

It's good to see you posting Trish.  I'm well but cold but the PNW isn't noted for it's warm weather at this time of the year and there's snow on the hills surrounding us - thank you for asking.  

9 hours ago, cinwa said:

It's good to see you posting Trish.  I'm well but cold but the PNW isn't noted for it's warm weather at this time of the year and there's snow on the hills surrounding us - thank you for asking.  

Sounds like idyllic Christmas weather to me cinwa. Roaring wood fire,  roasted ham and Turkey with hot pudding, snow outside. What can I say, here we swelter in century plus degree heat. I envy you. I'd love to experience a white Christmas just once in my lifetime. What can I say.... "The grass is always greener on the other side....."