AustinJ

1 yr Surgiversary

Hey All, I haven't left any post in awhile, but I do read post several times a week.

So here it is 1 yr ago today I had WLS. I weighed 407 lbs on this day last year, today I weight 256lbs. On May 4 of 2017 I weighed 504lbs. So over the last 18 months I have lost 248 lbs, I am 4lbs  away from being half the man I used to be.

Life is good

Congratulations Austin and a happy 1st Surgiversary to you.

You have truly done an amazing job.  You're just 12 lb short of losing a whole me at the start of my WLS journey (260 lb)!  That's pretty staggering.

That is amazing!!! Keep up the good work!  You must feel like an entirely new person.B)

Wow.  Just wow.  I am very impressed.  You are an inspiration to us all. 

Amazing progress, and what a hell of a year! Congratulations!

Awesome Austin!!  Great job, keep on rocking that sleeve!

You’ve done awesome!  Keep it up!

Hi, Austin. I was thinking of you today and hoping you’d post. Happy surgiversary. Glad to hear from you, and how wildly successful you’ve been. How’s the new business going?

(we need an updated picture of our phenomenal November (k)Nockout who is celebrating his year of victory today! ;))

Edited by CheeringCJ

Austin, thanks for posting your update! You have had some incredible success :) due to your hard work and determination. You have come so far, so fast! I hope your head is catching up with your body - with losses like yours, I'm sure it's a process. Congrats on your surgiversary, and may you continue on the road you've started.

@CheeringCJ

June 2017

DSC_0183.thumb.JPG.4b2f34110272bc338e26e5409bf370b6.JPG

October 2018

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.47d0da61b23540124fd5168a64b69915.jpg

This was taken in Canyonlands National Park UT at the end of a 2 mile hike, and a 150ft climb.

Awesome. Continue your journey. Be true to yourself. You can do it!!!!

Wow, @AustinJ, who is that guy?  Totally unrecognizable! What a terrific difference!  

I know you’ve always been active but I love that you’re hiking mountains!!!  It’s got to be easier at the bottom weight than that top one!

well done!

ps I posted my before and afters on my blog on here and honestly, I don’t recognize either one of them!  I never knew I was that fat and I don’t see me as that thin! I think my brain is stuck somewhere in between!  

Edited by CheeringCJ

That really is a staggering transformation Austen.