Sign in to follow this  
formyfamily3

Day 2 post ob gastric sleeve

I just had my surgery and i feel amazing.  My tummy is  sore but thats it.  The nurse said it will be hard to get water down.  But I can easily drink as much as I would like.  I ate a whole bowl of broth and felt fine.  I didn't but I felt like I could eat more.  Is this normal? I am concerned.  Should I drink as much water as I am able to? 

1 hour ago, formyfamily3 said:

I just had my surgery and i feel amazing.  My tummy is  sore but thats it.  The nurse said it will be hard to get water down.  But I can easily drink as much as I would like.  I ate a whole bowl of broth and felt fine.  I didn't but I felt like I could eat more.  Is this normal? I am concerned.  Should I drink as much water as I am able to? 

For some of us fluids go down easily even early out. They don't fill you up though. Don't be too concerned about what your eventual restriction will be because that really won't show itself in all its glory until your taking in solid protien.

11 hours ago, formyfamily3 said:

Many of us on the Forum did pretty well with the surgery, my experience was like yours, no problems with liquids. Would not be concerned, would be thankful. Suggest you just follow the rule book for fluids after surgery ... be sure to hit the protein target as soon as you can after surgery, using protein-rich broths, shakes, etc.