hthe620110 - It might be a little early to be trying solid foods. 

I didn't have a revision but like Cheesehead, my early diet listed yogurt, cottage cheese, soft cooked eggs, canned low fat soups with some of the broth poured off (save for a warm drink later), canned beans, canned roast beef hash (sounds disgusting but apparently it's really good early out) and mild chilli.

Just reading my information about progression of food.   I am on shakes and yogurt until the end of the week 3.  After that, soft food like a scrambled egg, thinned oatmeal, cottage cheese and things like hummus  Keeping in mind that if it is not protein to add some protein powder to it.  I can only have unflavored so not a problem for me.   Then pureed food which I can't even imagine eating.  I know I just waited with the sleeve.  It isn't until week 7 that I can introduce soft fish and certain veggies...2 oz of each for my 4 oz meal.  They also recommend not trying beef or chicken breast until a few months out.  I am a fish eater so this is not a problem for me.   I rarely eat beef.  

Since you have vomited twice with your attempts at solid food, you might want to hold back until your new stomach has time to heal.  You can meet the protein requirements with the protein powder.  How are you doing with the vitamins?  I still haven't started them yet.  I did right away with the sleeve.  I thing the memory of foaming immediately is stopping me but I know I need to get on board.  How is your pain and energy level?   I have 20 years on you so my energy is low.  I had my first outing the other day and can home and slept for 3 hours.  I still have quite a bit of pain more than I remember then with the sleeve.  

Well as they say slow and steady wins the race  I am due back at work next Thursday.  I am hoping I don't have to postpone it.  

Keep us updated on how you are doing.   Wishing all well.  

9 minutes ago, Kim M said:

Just reading my information about progression of food.   I am on shakes and yogurt until the end of the week 3.  After that, soft food like a scrambled egg, thinned oatmeal, cottage cheese and things like hummus  Keeping in mind that if it is not protein to add some protein powder to it.  I can only have unflavored so not a problem for me.   Then pureed food which I can't even imagine eating.  I know I just waited with the sleeve.  It isn't until week 7 that I can introduce soft fish and certain veggies...2 oz of each for my 4 oz meal.  They also recommend not trying beef or chicken breast until a few months out.  I am a fish eater so this is not a problem for me.   I rarely eat beef.  

Since you have vomited twice with your attempts at solid food, you might want to hold back until your new stomach has time to heal.  You can meet the protein requirements with the protein powder.  How are you doing with the vitamins?  I still haven't started them yet.  I did right away with the sleeve.  I thing the memory of foaming immediately is stopping me but I know I need to get on board.  How is your pain and energy level?   I have 20 years on you so my energy is low.  I had my first outing the other day and can home and slept for 3 hours.  I still have quite a bit of pain more than I remember then with the sleeve.  

Well as they say slow and steady wins the race  I am due back at work next Thursday.  I am hoping I don't have to postpone it.  

Keep us updated on how you are doing.   Wishing all well.  

Kim just wondering about the Gerd and if they still have you on meds for it?  Sorry you are having pain and hope you have a speedy recovery

Hi Tracy, 

They put me on Omeprozole 2x a day.  It seems to be working.  I was on Protonix 80 mg in the am and the Rantidine in the afternoon and at bedtime and still had breakthrough symptoms.   I have just has 2 brief times where there was some burning.  Nothing like before.  The coughing has stopped completely.  My surgeon said I would probably be on this medication for about 2 months and then he would discontinue it.  I sure hope so.  

How are you doing?  As I remember, you also had GERD.  

6 hours ago, Kim M said:

Hi Tracy, 

They put me on Omeprozole 2x a day.  It seems to be working.  I was on Protonix 80 mg in the am and the Rantidine in the afternoon and at bedtime and still had breakthrough symptoms.   I have just has 2 brief times where there was some burning.  Nothing like before.  The coughing has stopped completely.  My surgeon said I would probably be on this medication for about 2 months and then he would discontinue it.  I sure hope so.  

How are you doing?  As I remember, you also had GERD.  

I am doing okay. I haven't been able to come off the meds for my GERD and I am reminded when I don't take my pill right on time or sometimes early. Glad you are getting some relief from the Acid.  

Hello,

It is weird how my Doctor starts you in soft foods after one week, I really don't think I am ready for something like that yet.  I have been having issues with not getting enough protein and water, I am only doing about 50oz of water a day, I try to get more but I am never thirsty.  I had another issue today, I was able to eat five red grapes, after about an hour I to a drink of some water, let me tell you the pain after drinking water was very bad, it was sharp, the only way that I could relieve the pain was to vomit, which was mostly foam.  Vitamin-wise, I haven't had any issues, the vitamins go down great and they taste good, which is something I was worried about after surgery.  I checked my weight today and I have lost 29lbs in the last 10 days, I feel a little weak, that might be because I am losing weight really quick and plus I am not getting enough protein.  Thanks for all the support.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:31 PM, hthe620110 said:

Hello,

It is weird how my Doctor starts you in soft foods after one week, I really don't think I am ready for something like that yet.  I have been having issues with not getting enough protein and water, I am only doing about 50oz of water a day, I try to get more but I am never thirsty.  I had another issue today, I was able to eat five red grapes, after about an hour I to a drink of some water, let me tell you the pain after drinking water was very bad, it was sharp, the only way that I could relieve the pain was to vomit, which was mostly foam.  Vitamin-wise, I haven't had any issues, the vitamins go down great and they taste good, which is something I was worried about after surgery.  I checked my weight today and I have lost 29lbs in the last 10 days, I feel a little weak, that might be because I am losing weight really quick and plus I am not getting enough protein.  Thanks for all the support.

Are you not tolerating soft food?   I think grapes are a stretch.  I was told I could add some berries to my protein shake but I had to blend  them really well.  they are pushing fiber and fat for me due to BM issues. I understand that getting the protein and water in are hard.  I try warm tea is seems to go down easier.  In reading your posts you seem to have vomited a number of times.  That has to be tough.  Maybe you can get into see your nutritionist and she can give extra support.  Good for you with the vitamins.   That is quite a lot of weight to lose in 10 days.  I think I have lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks. If you are feeling weak, you could be dehydrated.  Just sip even when you are not thirsty.  Protein and fluids first.  Stay well and keep us updated on how you are doing.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:31 PM, hthe620110 said:

....   I checked my weight today and I have lost 29lbs in the last 10 days, I feel a little weak, that might be because I am losing weight really quick and plus I am not getting enough protein.  Thanks for all the support.

How is that protein intake going? Gotta keep that and the fluids up. 

Hello,

Protein is getting better, I found out that I can eat and keep down Wendy's Chili, which helps out on the protein.  There are good and bad days with the fluid intake, I should drink more, but it is hard when you aren't thirsty.