Cindy Lou Who

Picture in my surgeon's office

Recommended Posts

I still don't like having my picture taken. Something that hasn't changed, but maybe it will someday. But I thought I would share the photo that my surgeon's office sent me. This is a picture of what they recently hung in their hallway. I still don't see that much of a change, but I think my eyes might be prejudiced... Anyway, here it is:

 

IMG_1342.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  That’s an amazing transformation!  That’s something to be proud of!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great transformation... And you should be proud of the photos!!

My issues with photos being taken of me run so deep I never would have allowed them to be taken of me by my surgeon....let alone put on display. It's actually a very deep rooted psychological issue with me though..... I literally bolt whenever a camera comes out...... have done since childhood.....don't see it ever changing. One of my 5 siblings hired a photographer to take a family portrait at my mother's recent 90th birthday as it was the first time in many years we'd all been in one place....i did warn them beforehand that I would not be involved well before the event. On the day i drove away when the photographer arrived and didn't return until they'd left....some of my family still aren't  talking to me now and that was more than a month ago.

Edited by Aussie Bear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cindy!

When did you last get your eyes checked out - there'a a huge difference between those photos (no pun intended)!  :lol:   

Seriously, that's quite an honor to be hung on your docs hall of fame - you should feel proud of yourself.

.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inspirational! You look great-did you really lose over 100 losing in only 8 months?!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.  Just wow.  I am very very impressed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cindy Lou Whoyou ARE amazing!  Look at you, first famous at TTF, now famous at your drs office.  We will all be saying  “I KNEW HER WHEN...”  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cindy, you look incredible! You look like a new person - you should be so proud of yourself for being so brave and hardworking. You're such a great success and an inspiration to us all :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 4:31 PM, Cheesehead said:

Wow!  That’s an amazing transformation!  That’s something to be proud of!

Thanks @Cheesehead. Thanks for being my mentor this year!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 5:10 PM, Aussie Bear said:

Great transformation... And you should be proud of the photos!!

My issues with photos being taken of me run so deep I never would have allowed them to be taken of me by my surgeon....let alone put on display. It's actually a very deep rooted psychological issue with me though..... I literally bolt whenever a camera comes out...... have done since childhood.....don't see it ever changing. One of my 5 siblings hired a photographer to take a family portrait at my mother's recent 90th birthday as it was the first time in many years we'd all been in one place....i did warn them beforehand that I would not be involved well before the event. On the day i drove away when the photographer arrived and didn't return until they'd left....some of my family still aren't  talking to me now and that was more than a month ago.

I hear you @Aussie Bear. I'm trying to get better at it, because I think most of it for me is body shame issues. I'm sorry your family doesn't understand after all those years. I hope it gets better for you. :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 5:14 PM, cinwa said:

Cindy!

When did you last get your eyes checked out - there'a a huge difference between those photos (no pun intended)!  :lol:   

Seriously, that's quite an honor to be hung on your docs hall of fame - you should feel proud of yourself.

Thanks @cinwa! I'm trying to see it as an accomplishment. I know even if my eyes are prejudiced, the doc is logical! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 7:50 PM, Boston Redhead said:

Inspirational! You look great-did you really lose over 100 losing in only 8 months?!!

Thanks for the kind words! I did lose 23 pounds presurgery, but the 83+ pounds since then. I'm so grateful for this fabulous tool! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 9:46 PM, Res Ipsa said:

Wow.  Just wow.  I am very very impressed.

Ah, thank you! I so admire you and your dedication, and you're an inspiration! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

@Cindy Lou Whoyou ARE amazing!  Look at you, first famous at TTF, now famous at your drs office.  We will all be saying  “I KNEW HER WHEN...”  :)

Hahaha! You're funny! Thanks! I'll be thinking of you on your surgiversary AND the day after when you get to start your next year with less anxiety. :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Cindy, you look incredible! You look like a new person - you should be so proud of yourself for being so brave and hardworking. You're such a great success and an inspiration to us all :wub:

Thank you. That means so much to me as I get inspired by YOU and YOUR great success! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 4:09 PM, Cindy Lou Who said:

...  I thought I would share the photo that my surgeon's office sent me. This is a picture of what they recently hung in their hallway. I still don't see that much of a change, but I think my eyes might be prejudiced... 

Spectacular. 

Just noting that you now fit in those office chairs with plenty of room to spare. It's one of those little pleasures when you go for a follow-up at your surgeon's office ... and can fit in half the chair. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 9:41 AM, BurgundyBoy said:

Spectacular. 

Just noting that you now fit in those office chairs with plenty of room to spare. It's one of those little pleasures when you go for a follow-up at your surgeon's office ... and can fit in half the chair. :D

Love the point about the chairs! Taking up just part of the chair now is just one of those things that is joyful and SUCH a nice change! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 4:09 PM, Cindy Lou Who said:

I still don't like having my picture taken. Something that hasn't changed, but maybe it will someday. But I thought I would share the photo that my surgeon's office sent me. This is a picture of what they recently hung in their hallway. I still don't see that much of a change, but I think my eyes might be prejudiced... Anyway, here it is:

 

IMG_1342.jpg

I absolutely love this ❤️

You have so much to be proud of, Cindy! You look amazing and beautiful...and your eyes must be prejudiced because the difference is remarkable! Physically, as well as your confidence!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...