Cindy Lou Who

TSA Trouble

This week when I travelled through the aiport, I had a weird thing happen. When I was going through the TSA ID check, they held me for much longer than usual looking at my drivers license and looking at me. It took so long that I finally looked at my driver's license and then looked at the TSA lady and said, "Yes, see, that looks just like me. Blue eyes and everything." 

Then it hit me. 

In my mind, I look like my driver's license. But..... The outside world doesn't think I look like my driver's license. I finally had to tell them that I lost a bunch of weight before they would let me through! Hahaha! 

Here are the two pictures. (excuse the current outfit. I was at a friends Diwali celebration this week and we dressed in saris. :))

file-2.png

2018-10-26.png

Edited by Cindy Lou Who

Although annoying, being much skinnier than the photo in your drivers license is a great problem to have. :D 

After I lost my excess weight, I went to my state's registry of motor vehicles to get a new drivers license for this exact reason.

I hope that you enjoyed the Diwali celebration.  I spent a year living in New Delhi, and the Diwali celebration there is really wild.

By the way, your weight loss is amazing and an inspiration to us all!

LOL!  

I had the same problem when I went on the Thinner Times Cruise a year after my bariatric surgery.  I had to fly from SeaTac down to Florida but  thankfully I had a new Military Dependent ID card and Driver's License with me too but the look on the TSA employees face was priceless.

Congratulations Cindy - if you don't mind me saying, you're looking real good.

@cinwa - There was a cruise?!  I like this idea!  Sounds like a lot of fun :)

@Cindy Lou Who - You look great!  Nice to keep the TSA on it's toes :p

1 hour ago, TammyP said:

@cinwa - There was a cruise?!  I like this idea!  Sounds like a lot of fun :)

It was back in 2008 and it was an amazing time.  There are lots of threads on it - just search "T-T Cruise".  But here's a couple worth the read:  T-T Caribbean Cruise, December 2008, ALL ABOARD!   and   T-T Cruise 2008 MEMORIES...  And here's a pic of us all:   https://www.thinnertimesforum.com/topic/31172-t-t-cruise-2008-memories/?do=findComment&comment=371904

That's a slightly terrifying but also excellent problem to have! Sounds like its time to update some photo IDs :) I need to do the same.

On 10/28/2018 at 11:51 AM, Res Ipsa said:

Although annoying, being much skinnier than the photo in your drivers license is a great problem to have. :D 

After I lost my excess weight, I went to my state's registry of motor vehicles to get a new drivers license for this exact reason.

I hope that you enjoyed the Diwali celebration.  I spent a year living in New Delhi, and the Diwali celebration there is really wild.

By the way, your weight loss is amazing and an inspiration to us all!

yes, what a great problem to have! So grateful! Thanks for your kind words. You are an inspiration too! Congratulations on your 5 year surgiversary coming up! That is AWESOME! 

On 10/29/2018 at 7:38 AM, cinwa said:

LOL!  

I had the same problem when I went on the Thinner Times Cruise a year after my bariatric surgery.  I had to fly from SeaTac down to Florida but  thankfully I had a new Military Dependent ID card and Driver's License with me too but the look on the TSA employees face was priceless.

Congratulations Cindy - if you don't mind me saying, you're looking real good.

Guess I'll have to spring for a new license at some point! LOL!

Thanks for the "looking real good" compliment. :) I'm trying to learn to take compliments like this. They make me want to run and hide. :eek: But I need to work on it. I never realized part of the fat was a perceived buffer on my part! Haha! 

On 10/29/2018 at 10:09 AM, TammyP said:

You look great!  Nice to keep the TSA on it's toes :p

Thanks! And thanks for being a success story for us to aspire to! 

On 10/29/2018 at 8:53 PM, CheeringCJ said:

that is AWESOME!!! :)

thanks!! 

On 10/30/2018 at 1:12 PM, delilas said:

That's a slightly terrifying but also excellent problem to have! Sounds like its time to update some photo IDs :) I need to do the same.

Yes, it was really weird. But I'll take that problem any day! :)