Sign in to follow this  
CarlMarch

25 Days Post-OP

Well, I am at almost a month post op and have had very minimal problems up until this week.  I have had the worst case of constipation I have ever had.  I could not figure out how to get all my water intake in and it has reeked havoc on my "flow".  I have tried everything I could think of to get close to my required liquid intake and it seemed to be getting worse.  Straight water made me nauseous even with the flavor packets....I tried milk and it tasted ok, but I was afraid it was contributing to my constipation. I couldn't drink anything ice cold.  Finally I decided to try hot tea with honey....Eureka!!!  I don't use much but i as able to drink almost 90oz yesterday...  slowly my bowels began to move and I am paying for it in the pain department, but I am hoping today to get my flow back....  I am down 62 pounds, 34 of them from the Preop Diet.  Y'all have a blessed day.

@CarlMarch!!

Is the tea the first caffeine you have had since surgery? For me it is a blessed, necessary, daily ritual to have 2 strong cups in the morning. My wife is usually overcome with laughter when I start to toot about a cup and a quarter into the two cups and have to scuttle to the bathroom...

Glad to hear that you've found a solution to your fluid intake problem Carl.  To this day, I cannot drink much of any plain water and nothing colder than room temperature either.

I drink a lot of tea - some with milk (I'm British) but a goodly amount of Celestial Seasoning Tea.  And I also drink a lot of peppermint and spearmint tea (I grow both and have been cutting and drying them in bunches to tie me over for the winter months).  I like mint tea with a slice of lemon.

BurgundayBoy, yes it was the first bit of caffeine I had attempted.  I didn't have any issues drinking it and it felt really good to get some caffeine in..  Cinwa, I love the Celestial Seasoning Tea..  I bought some cheap Earl Grey and some Mint Green Tea just to be sure, but I am going to be looking for the Peppermint Tea.  I don't have much of a green thumb, so I will have to rely on store bought, but I was very excited to be able to finally hit my liquid goal..