Cheesehead

Brain game

In my avatar picture, I look at my arms and legs and they look normal.  I still have days where I look and see fat legs and arms.  So at almost 6 years out it hasn’t gone away.  

8559EC5E-CFA2-4470-816B-D67C48ECF51F.jpeg

13 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

.........  I still have days where I look and see fat legs and arms.  So at almost 6 years out it hasn’t gone away.  

For me anyway, the feeling that I'm still puffy hasn't entirely left which is ridiculous.

But it is what it is and I can't reason with myself and I'm not about to beat myself up about it.  I spent 35+ years beating myself up about my appearance as a puffy girl and I suspect that even if I was a catwalk model, I'd find something to nitpick over.

2 minutes ago, cinwa said:

suspect that even if I was a catwalk model, I'd find something to nitpick over

I'm sure I would too!  Actually most catwalk models do also...actually most women do period because society places such a high value on looks.  I remember when my daughter was little and had sleep overs and these little 6 and 7 year olds would be comparing thighs and tummy rolls. ARGGHHH!!  Of course at that age it's because they've seen mama and other female role models doing that.  I don't know how we change and accept our reality that we are OK in whatever space we occupy.  Not just OK...we are amazing and beautiful creatures :)

13 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

In my avatar picture, I look at my arms and legs and they look normal.  I still have days where I look and see fat legs and arms.  So at almost 6 years out it hasn’t gone away.  

8559EC5E-CFA2-4470-816B-D67C48ECF51F.jpeg

You are an amazingly healthy goddess :)

What a great photo!!!  :wub: I hope you are having an amazing time. :) I imagine the vision we have in our head of former selves is something that takes years and years to get past. You're doing awesome though!  6 years!! Wowsa!

Looking great, @Cheesehead!

Our brains are very strange things. They spend a lot of time trying to figure out all these changes that we've undergone. I guess after decades of playing an endless loop of "I'm so fat, I need to lose weight, I'm so fat, I need to lose weight" it's hard to just hit the stop button and play a kinder message. Seriously, my brain has more free time now that I'm not constantly plotting the next diet and exercise plan, chastising myself for diet and exercise failures, and berating myself generally. I think that was taking up a sizable chunk of my brain's processing power before. 

"I still have days where I look and see fat legs and arms.  So at almost 6 years out it hasn’t gone away." @Cheesehead

That's because of your practiced, expert, experienced eye ("PEEE" for short). Musn't PEEE on yourself, but rather cast your PEEE on the world around you. :P

On 10/23/2018 at 6:37 PM, Cheesehead said:

I agree with all the other comments, you look like a healthy goddess!! I hope you can see that too! 

What I see is not only a beautiful healthy woman, but one of my TT heroes as well. Six years out and you are not only rocking your surgery tool, but also still consistently helping others through this forum. Your encouragement and insight is like a helping hand to us newbies. 

And sharing your thoughts and current experience like you have done here is helpful to us too. It's a journey and you are doing great!! I hope as the months go by, you'll grow into more and more self love and acceptance. You deserve it! :wub: