la.craig

Before/After

20160105_102007.jpg

20131115_161053.jpg

20170719_171137.jpg

16729080_167575120408177_4491652984478158660_n.jpg

Craig!  

I has been a long time but it's fantastic to see just how well you've done with your sleeve.

Wow.  Just wow.  You are an inspiration to us all.  

Craig, congrats! You’ve come so far! What an amazing transformation.

Wow! What an amazing change! 

Edited by Jen581791

Crikey!!!!! Hard to believe it could be the same person. Super happy for you!!!!

Wow !  Great Job !!

Wow hi everyone. I can't believe it's been 2 years already. Time flew by so fast. I have missed posting and keeping up with everyone. I'm back now so tell me how has everyone been?

Excellent progress. Keep up the great work.

So handsome!!! Job well done!! Keep honest to YOURSELF always!!

You look fantastic!!! 

Hello everyone.  Thank you all for the kind words. Unfortunately, I've gained about 65 pounds back because I met a woman who's diet was horrible and I got off track.  I'm trying to get back to 208 - what I was in those pictures.  If anyone has any tips, please tell me because I don't want continue to feel that my VSG was a waste... 

1 hour ago, la.craig said:

Hello everyone.  Thank you all for the kind words. Unfortunately, I've gained about 65 pounds back because I met a woman who's diet was horrible and I got off track.  I'm trying to get back to 208 - what I was in those pictures.  If anyone has any tips, please tell me because I don't want continue to feel that my VSG was a waste... 

Back to make basic principles is really the best way. Watch your portions and eat your protien first, preferably dense protien that you have to chew. Also ensure you get adequate fluids in. You don't need to go keto, but you may need to keep track of your carbohydrate intake. In future maybe look at potential partners diet before you get too involved. There's no way I would survive a relationship with a person that constantly exposed me to foods I know I can't eat and remain at my goal weight. While that sounds harsh, I know it's a recipe for disaster with me. I was doing okay after my first surgery until I hooked up with my partner. Even in a 30 year relationship, he still refused to accept that I couldn't eat the huge portions he kept dishing up, or manage with all the cakes, icecream etc that he continued to bring home despite being asked not to. He'd eat one piece then pretty much insist the kids and I had to finish them off. Think about it this way, if you'd struggled to give up smoking, would you start a relationship with a smoker. If you battled alcoholism would you start up with a heavy drinker. I know I couldn't live with those kinds of temptations on a daily basis.

By the way, I find what works for me is to give myself a weight goal range and weigh daily (although would work as well weekly), where if I gain above a certain weight I have to pull my head in and diet myself back to my real goal before I can eat at maintenance level again.

Edited by Aussie Bear

On 12/5/2018 at 6:08 PM, la.craig said:

Craig,

Your VSG was not a waste! You still have the tool, now is the time to take back the reigns and your control! Life happens...to the best of us. You are still well below your start weight, which is a huge plus. Start by getting back to basics. Water, protein, vitamins/suppliments. Portion control. Don’t drink with meals. But you have to start putting you first! We can’t control what other people eat, but we CAN control what we put in our own mouths. My hubby is a giant carbaholic, eats giant portions, and has (at least temporarily) given up on trying to lose weight. He’s even starting to consider WLS. I have fallen victim to some bad food choices because of what he has been eating, but that’s on ME. Luckily I haven’t experienced any regain...YET. So I’ve gotten control, and decided not to let his choices affect mine. You need to do the same. Take care of yourself and do what you need to do, for YOU!! You can do this, Craig! It’s a lot easier to lose the 65 pounds that you’ve gained, than to wait until you gain it all back and start from scratch. You can do this!